Finished the Orchid!

anpak

We finished our first dollhouse - the Orchid! We (my 11 year old daughter and I) started in July and finished today (day after Christmas). It was really fun! Thanks to everyone who provided advice along the way - we couldn't have done it without you. And thanks to my sister, Chris, for introducing us the to the joy of making doll houses and giving us the Orchid kit. To see photos, look at my gallery (Alaska Orchid).

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks everyone! My daughter is now going full gear into the interior. Good thing she got some money for Christmas, she has discovered all the fun things you can find on Etsy! She is very artistic and has a wonderful sense of color. I am very proud of the work she has done on the house.

I have actually been thinking about building another one as a fundraiser for a silent auction...but I need to wait until summer to start a new project. Also, there is still a yard to be created for this one!

Thanks - you really helped me out with the difficult parts!

Abby, you and your beautiful daughter make a wonderful building team! She has a truly wonderful sense of color, too. Your Orchid is a masterpiece.