My first dollhouse

Evelyne

post-3683-0-28236600-1324960590_thumb.jpMy first dollhouse was not sold as usual kits are. It came piece by piece along with booklets, in a total of 100 issues and took me 2 and 1/2 years to have all of them. It was published/sold by Edições Del Prado. Some furniture kits came with it too, and some tips on how to make some accessories too. They all sit in a box for 10 years until I decided they've waited long enough and it was time to finally put it all together.

This was 2007 and I knew nothing about miniatures.

I furnished it as if it had been passed along through generations. You know, when you have some old items sharing space with more modern ones.

Now I would have taken a completely different direction, but it was so much fun to make I got completely addicted to miniatures, thanks to this house!!

You can see pictures in my Picasa album.

Now I have a Harrison kit waiting to be built (still gathering courage - and space! - to do it). And also a 4 seasons display to build. 2012, here I come!

Edited by Evelyne

Evelyne, your house is magnificent! You are skilled in so many areas! What patience you must have to have waited for all of the pieces to come to you! I like the mix of old and newer furnishings. It makes the house feel very cozy and lived in. :):clap:

Evelyne, thank you for posting that house! I have read about Del Prado kits but never have I seen one built, much less the furniture. You did a magnificent job, and I can't wait to see how your Harrison turns out.

Thank you Kathie, CJ and Holly! biggrin2.gif

I can't wait to start my new projects either. I do feel I've learned a lot since I built that house, so I'm curious to see how this new house (The Harrison) will look like in the end...

Oh, and Kathie. Del Prado also has a half-inch dollhouse collection and another 1:12 dollhouse with all furniture ready made (not kits). One can buy the complete collections from their website here. But I honestly think you guys have better / more varied options there.