My Garfield roof is done...

uppitycats

If you go here: http://community.webshots.com/user/uppitycats

and look for the dollhouse pictures, look for the new pics...and you'll see the roof is fully shingled, complete with copper roof peak coverings; ***and handmade lightning rods***.

The inhabitants got cranky, so I called in mini-movers, and furniture has been placed, and residents have moved in (can you count how many??)

Obviously we need more furniture, carpeting, lots of finishing touches....but the major construction is now complete.

Oh yes...some trimming to fit in the front door...maybe tomorrow...

(I still can't post pictures here. Don't know why, and am not skilled enough with the computer software to figure it out. They appear to upload...then stall at the end, never flashing to a "completed" screen". Anyway. You can see them at webshots, anyway...)

Oh darn! You're right! I can't get there, either. It was fine when I uploaded them .. the "old" version still there.. They must have changed right after I did that. I hope it's fixed by tomorrow!

It worked when I went to look. I love the lighting rods, very clever idea :p, the roof is beautiful, congrats on finishing it. The 'residents' look very happy B) (I lost count on how many cats I have living in mine, my daughter keeps moving them around, saying they need to look out different windows or sit on this chair/bed :lol: :D ). And your 'helper' must be very good since he(or she?) can get into the hard to reach spots :p .

Yeah! I got to see the pics before I went to bed! Wonderful job. It looks really great. Is the flashing on the roof and the lightning rods a time period "thing"? Don't know my Architectural history. LOL

I think its funny how everyone's kittys are going into their houses. Mine has never!!! He did, however, figure out how to open our closet doors (Like THESE but in real size :lol: ) and will go sleep in there every day. I have to block the doors with stuff so he can't get in. I would LOVE to see how he does it. I'd have to set up the video camera though.

Our Kitty, Devlin, is some sort of mix-breed with sort of long hair. He was shedding so bad, there was cat hair everywhere! We recently had him groomed for the first time and hopefully that will do the trick. He looks great. :D No more shedding, and it was less expensive than I thought. Plus no drugs for kitty.

Oh My Goodness!! I LOVE your house!! It is a total Dream House. My favorite shade of blue (My bedroom used to be that color 4 months ago and I miss it).

The lightning rods really give charecter to the roof line for sure!!

I love the new upgrades from webshots too :lol:

Thanks for your kind remarks! :D I think it turned out pretty good for a very inept first-timer!

I don't know if the lightning rods are "period"...just that around here (rural Wisconsin) most old homes have them, and my husband thought they'd "look cute" :p

TabbyGrey, the REAL cat, has been in and out of the house all through the construction process. It's finally too small now for him to venture in...but I'm sure he'll start swatting out the furniture. I'll have to figure out how to tack it down (I do have some wax holding done the really tiny pieces.. :lol: The other 3 furkids who live here have shown just mild interest -- I have a picture somewhere of Tuffy peering in a window -- but only TabbyGrey has felt compelled to "help".

More furniture is on the way.....and I've got to research the threads here about how to make carpeting..

I found a site to download kitty food boxes, kitty litter bags, and other kitty-related stuff, so that'll keep me busy for awhile, too....

its wonderful!

I really love the roof!

the copper puts just the right touch to it!

I look forward to seeing all the little goodies you find to put into it to make it a home instead of a house!

and did I understand that this was to be your one and only house :D

you did such a wonderful job on it...seems a shame

but than you still have landscaping and filling all those rooms to do!

looking forward to new photos!

nutti :lol:

Yes, Tracy, I'm in Wisconsin. While not a native, exactly, came to Wisconsin in 1965 to go to college (from Chicago), married a Wisconsin man, and -- except for a short period of time when we lived in Georgia -- have lived in Wisconsin for 35+ years. And intend to keep on living here....and be turned into compost here, when that time comes! :D

As for a second house....The Garfield is HUGE, remember. I don't know that I'd have ROOM for a second house...

but a box on the wall, maybe....or a small house, where I could rotate furniture....or a specialty room that I could change from time to time... hmmmmmm :D