Lighthouse steps

uppitycats

I'm getting near to completion of my lighthouse! :) I have to finish the roof, and install the light, but thought I'd show off the steps that I made for him. The kit doesn't come with steps -- the walls slant from the base to the light tower, are 8-sided....and making steps to fit was a challenge. I know a lot of you don't like steps (I acknowledge they take up room), but I really like them, so here they are:

post-35-0-95204800-1321804301_thumb.jpg post-35-0-96052300-1321804341_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ann, those are brilliant and I hope you'll consider a site tutorial for making them. My original thought was to cut holes through the middle of each floor and make a spiral stair, but working with the lasercut kit went so quickly and smoothly I had finished my floors and the lighthouse before I'd remembered to do it!

I was sort of going for the "beach house" effect .... open struts and supports showing. The story is that the retired ship captain who occupies the lighthouse built them out of driftwood he found on the beach. He stripped out all the "business" part of the lighthouse -- the office and such, leaving the beacon light intact (I haven't installed the light yet, but I have an actual flashing beacon light that is being soldered together as I type...I'm not doing the soldering...if I did, it would never work... dry.gif ). The furnishings will be cozy, manly, but minimalist. :)