Hello Everyone!

mnnickerson

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Michelle and I just ordered the Pierce yesterday and it should be shipped to me in the next couple days... First build, super STOKED! Even more so after finding this wonderful site that is chuck-full of useful information. I went from knowing absolutely nothing yesterday to actually feeling sort of confident in my decision to start the building process. I think it just might be impossible to find so many people with SO much knowledge any where else. So, so excited! Yay me! Yay you all! Thank you all so much for just being out there!

Welcome to the little family, Michelle. You are going to be in for SO MUCH FUN!!! Do a search for "getting started" tips and another one for "tools" (you don't need a lot, and not necessarily what you might expect). Don't inve$t in the hot glue sticks and glue gun; I'm already rehabbing a Pierce that was originally built with hot glue (and bashing the business out of it!). You'll want lots of masking tape for the dry fit (put it together without gluing anything, to see how it will look, where the problem areas might be, expecially for decorating, and to let it tell you what it wants) and a good carpenter's wood glue for the actual build. I always recommend reading through the instructions several times (at least once before the dry fit) to familiarize yourself with how the house goes together. Mini of us change the order, particularly saving windows and doors to go on last.

Hopefully you've figured out that it's perfectly OK to ask all the questions you want.

:welcome: Michelle, so glad you found us!

We are here to share your joys with miniatures :thumb: , and also to give each other a shoulder to cry on for those other miniature occasions :mad: . Ask any questions, tell us your progress, and post pictures.

B)

Welcome to the forum, Michelle! :D There are so many talented members here to help and encourage each other, it really is a great support system. Dean is our wonderful Greenleaf leader, and is amazingly good to us all. Between the members, and Greenleaf, you will have no worries.

Welcome!

The Pierce is a great kit. It might seem a little daunting as a first build, but this is the place to come for tips and encouragement! The main staircase in the Pierce, for instance, has been the subject of many intense discussions, so be sure to do some searches into our archives for tips, too.

You're in for some great fun and hopefully some great new friendships here, as well. :-)

• 4 weeks later...