roofing

tercon

Hello everyone. I've been thinking about making my roofing in sandpaper. cut it the curvey way and try two differnet shades to blend. Has anyone else done this type of roofing before?

thanks, connie

...I've been thinking about making my roofing in sandpaper...Has anyone else done this type of roofing before?...
Sandpaper is my favorite shingling material, after the Greenleaf wood shingles:

gallery_8_76_10971.jpg

This one is actually colored construction paper, which the UV in sunlight bleached to a golden tan later:

gallery_8_151_168883.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Connie, I've never done two tone, but I think it would look great!

I glued posterboard to the back of the sandpaper, but I should have used gray cardstock. They came out thicker, but still looked pretty good. I cut the strips & then stacked the strips & wrapped some masking tape around them then notched them with a hack saw - which dulled very quickly (hack saw blades are cheap!)...You can just as easily cut them into individual shingles, probably much simpler.

gallery_4762_3951_224127.jpg

gallery_4762_3951_75944.jpg

I glued posterboard to the back of the sandpaper, but I should have used gray cardstock. They came out thicker, but still looked pretty good. I cut the strips & then stacked the strips & wrapped some masking tape around them then notched them with a hack saw - which dulled very quickly (hack saw blades are cheap!)...You can just as easily cut them into individual shingles, probably much simpler.

I used sandpaper shingles on my Wall-Hanging House and was very happy with them. I didn't use the two-tone, but I dabbled watered-down black paint on it before I cut it up. I was very happy with the results.

• Like 1

I used sandpaper shingles on my Wall-Hanging House and was very happy with them. I didn't use the two-tone, but I dabbled watered-down black paint on it before I cut it up. I was very happy with the results.

Thanks for the input. I also like your siding. so many ways to do roofing and siding it's hard to decide on the one for me. ugh. lol
I have found that if you listen to the kit, it usually has some pretty [lecific ideas about what it wants.