I'm a Giant Dollhouse Challenge

CJEP

Kathie, submit pictures of Marie's cottage; that'll blow their socks off!

I'm sorely tempted, Holly ... but I can't figure out how to submit anything!

Later: I reread Casey's post:

She has an update that sounds like you are just supposed to comment on her blog and link it to a photo on your website....I am still not understanding the rules. It almost sounds like something that you have already done will sufice???

Then I went back to her site. Apparently one is to post a link to the build as a comment. I posted links to Marie Laveau, the Mardi Gras Morning After room box, and the quilt and pottery shops. They may not want work already finished, but at least I gave it a shot. :D

Edited by KathieB

I went and read the blog....This woman is new at minis and is, to put it nicely, a bit mad. She wants completed dollhouses between now and December 15?? It takes me that long just to think about what I am going to do. Maybe I read it wrong, but It seems to say that you should start the house any time between now and the time that it is due....She says, "We start this week (don't rush, you can start next week or anytime really) and we have to be finished by December 15th. "

The house that she picked out is a pretty big house...It should be interesting to see if she can finish it by Dec. 15th, let alone anybody else trying to do it too. ROFLOL!!!:lol: I, for one am going to bookmark the site and see how she does. Is anybody here going to join her?

Hahahahahaha too funny ...it takes me that long to decide also!!!!! I will watch with interest!! :lol: :wave:

I've been terrible at keeping up with this whole challenge thing, but just got around to reading her post from the end of September about buying DH furniture and I'm kind of confused:

"There isn't really any new dollhouse bathroom stuff out there, so i figured at least these were blue and porcelein and antique instead of the cheap wooden or plastic stuff from the 50's and 60's."

Wait...what? Someone please direct this poor woman to miniatures.com! The blue toilet and sink are pretty cool though.

The dilapidated-barn-with-glam-interior that the guy from Hommemaker is building is looking really interesting, but honestly, from skimming other challenge hosts' posts, it seems like there is already some major burnout going on. Building a complete house from the ground up is a HUGE undertaking, as everyone here knows...I almost got completely burned out just building the little Orchid, and decided that already-constructed rehabs are more my speed right now! I imagine that if my introduction into the mini world was via the construction of a 2-story, multiple-room house...with a 3-month turnaround time...I'd just end up throwing it at the wall and swearing off dollhouses forever.

@ Holly ... despite our dire predictions, the contest is cheerfully chugging along. I think it's the if-you-don't-know-it-can't-be-done-you-just-go-ahead-and-do-it rule. In that scenario, reality is immaterial! :D

Her latest blog entry (Oct 21) has a photos and links to works in progress. There are a lot of talented folks participating. It's worth a look.