American Girl Food

dorn27

Little American Girl (or 18 inch girl dolls) Food

This is what I've dreamed up so far.

A picnic kit includes a sandwich, baby carrots, a piece of fruit and a cookie. But also comes with a working leather hinge basket, a cloth to spread the goodies on and a matching napkin for 'crumbs'.

This one is a complete kit with a bolonga, tomatoe and lettuce sandwich, a red apple, a bunch of 3 baby carrots and a chocolate chip cookie.

001.jpg

Some other views of the sandwich.

002.jpg

003.jpg

These are the sandwich choices I'm currently making. I'm having a hard time accurately making other colors of lunch meat and making it LOOK like meat in the sandwich so there isn't a chicken, ham, ect

005.jpg

Fruit choices I'm currently making. Not sure I'm crazy about the banana, wishing I could bake in a few strips or spots, but I'm not willing to paint them in because I don't want the paint to come off in child's play.

007.jpg

The blush on my peach is applied before baking

008.jpg

Two cookie choices, frosted sugar cookies with sprinkles and the ever loved classic chocolate chip. The chocolate chip cookie has chips applied to the bottom too!

006.jpg

I'm not sure, I blushed the peach by working some red clay (it leaves dye all over your hands!) and then smearing my fingers in the areas I wanted to blush. I think it's possible I could do that with brown, but I've worked with brown a bit for the chocolate in the cookies and it doesn't transfer dye to the same degree. It's an excellent thought though, perhaps I little black may have the same impact with the help of the yellow. I'm not sure I can put it on in precise spots like a banana has, but I could definately add a few streaks up from the stems and tip if that method works!

Kristi, you might want to invest in one of Angie Scarr's books to get your colors, her food is incredibly real looking, as is Kiva Anderson''s. A trick I learned is to grate miniscule amounts of chalk pastels and use a wee soft brush to add colors, either before or after baking.

Thanks for the tip! I actually just picked up some chalk/non-oil pastels for coloring purposes. I have been experimenting with liquid polyclay. Make some nachos with melted cheese and waffles with syrup. Will post pics as soon as I get them up on etsy and ebay. :)