New From Wisconsin

dorn27

I'm new to this forum and making my own things. However, I got my first doll house when I was about 7 years old... nearly 23 years ago. My father made it for me and my little sister and it looked very much like our home.

I remember I absolutely adored miniatures then, and used to beg my father to take me to a store (that is now closed) for hobbies so I could just look at all the tiny things for our 'house'. Infact my love of small things had me asking for an entire box of teeny bows for a birthday one year.

I started making food for American Girl Dolls this year for a friend. I know they're not really the same scale, but I've gotten quite good at making things and have a lot of fun doing it. I've decided to sell these on ebay and I may try Etsy, but I've never used the site before.

After making the clay doll food, I was inspired to try it on a much smaller scale. I picked up a set of 4 plates from Hobby Lobby and proceeded to making a very amazing looking breakfast for 2 and dinner for 2. I was shocked how easily it came to me, and how real it all looked.

Sadly no one seems to want it.

I still love small things and I really enjoy making them. I just don't particularly have the space for them in our current home so I'm looking for ideas and help on where everyone buys, sells and trades things so I can make them and then recover the costs so I can make more. :)

I'm new to this forum and making my own things. However, I got my first doll house when I was about 7 years old... nearly 23 years ago. My father made it for me and my little sister and it looked very much like our home.

I remember I absolutely adored miniatures then, and used to beg my father to take me to a store (that is now closed) for hobbies so I could just look at all the tiny things for our 'house'. Infact my love of small things had me asking for an entire box of teeny bows for a birthday one year.

I started making food for American Girl Dolls this year for a friend. I know they're not really the same scale, but I've gotten quite good at making things and have a lot of fun doing it. I've decided to sell these on ebay and I may try Etsy, but I've never used the site before.

After making the clay doll food, I was inspired to try it on a much smaller scale. I picked up a set of 4 plates from Hobby Lobby and proceeded to making a very amazing looking breakfast for 2 and dinner for 2. I was shocked how easily it came to me, and how real it all looked.

Sadly no one seems to want it.

I still love small things and I really enjoy making them. I just don't particularly have the space for them in our current home so I'm looking for ideas and help on where everyone buys, sells and trades things so I can make them and then recover the costs so I can make more. :)

Well, there is a community trading board on this site. While you can't list prices in your post, you are able to say in general: "I have some things for sale, send me a personal message" (pm). People will do that if they're interested, and you negotiate that way. Or etsy .. lots of folks here sell things on etsy, and you can offer a link here to your sales, there!

Where are you in Wisconsin? There are several of us in Wisconsin (I'm near Wautoma)...and I'm looking to put together a mini-club, perhaps!

I'm actually from Appleton! I know where Wautoma is, my family owns some land out in a tree farm between there and the sky hill (not for hunting, but camping) and I've had plenty of relatives from there. (That meat store is the best!)

I will look around for some places to post, and then follow up with some photos of my American Girl stuff and 1/12 scale stuff. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kristi and welcome to Greenleaf.Just to be able to create tiny things is a talent that not all of us have (however I did mold a wonderful dead duck that hangs in a dollhouse storage room..not much call for that I can assure you)Keep up the good work and after 5 posts you can start an album to show your wares!! :wave: