Another New Member!

Rowan555

I've wanted to build a dollhouse since I was a child. Back then I was entranced by all the miniature furniture and accessories, but at this point in my life I'm much more interested in the building aspects. I think it will be a therapeutic experience for me (although it will, of course, have its stressful moments). I've got the Haunted House and the Orchid on the way, and I'm probably going to do the Haunted House first. I have some Corpse Bride miniature collector figures which need homes, so the Corpse Bride will live in the Haunted House while Victor will have the Orchid.

I'm terribly excited about this endeavor and can't wait for my kits to arrive. In the meantime I will be preparing by reading these forums and getting together all the things I will need to get this project going.

Thanks to all of you who contribute to this forum - I'm sure your wisdom and experience will be very helpful to me through this process.

Susan

Hi Susan,

I loved the Corpse Bride :D what a fun movie :D And the Haunted House and Orchid are both great kits! I'm still working on my orchid though I should have been finished long ago it's a fun and easy kit to put together. Looking forward to seeing how you finish yours And your haunted house :lol:

Welcome to the forum :lol:

-David

Welcome to the forum Susan. There are two different teams working on the Orchid now, I'm sure if you look through their blogs you will find lots of useful information.

Welcome to the Forum Susan!! Oh The Haunted house was a fun build for sure. You gotta look at the haunted house blogs to see how we finished that one off.

The Orchid is another great house. Welcome to the Neighborhood!!! It's always so nice to have someone new to share the addiction....Umm The Hobby with :D

:D

Hi Susan and welcome to the forum!! You'll have such a great time building the Orchid and the Haunted House. I've got both in my living room and love them. Sounds like you've got some excellent ideas for both of them too. I can't wait to see them!

Deb

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm ANXIOUSLY awaiting the arrival of these kits, but I just found out the Orchid hasn't shipped and the ebay seller I bought the Haunted House from hasn't replied yet. Don't these people know I need my kits???!!! Argh, well, that just gives me more time to "mentally prepare" :D

I'm in New Orleans, and I remember going to MANY different hobby shops as a child and teenager and seeing all the dollhouses and minature items. I don't think there are ANY such shops around any more. Michaels is the only "craft store" around here and they don't carry any dollhouse items. It's a bit depressing, as those childhood hobby shop memories are the reason I'm here right now. Of course I can buy on the internet, which I do with most things anyway, but this is ONE time I would like to be able to stroll around a shop, see the items in person, etc. Oh well!

On a better note, my 7 year old son is positively in awe of this whole dollhouse thing - he made me show him every single photo on these forums and blogs, he just couldn't get enough. So we probably have a budding dollhouse enthusiast on our hands. It will be nice to share a hobby with him as he gets older, and maybe my daughter will join in at some point too (She's more into DEstruction than CONstruction at this point lol).

Thanks again, and I'll post photos and desperate pleas for HELP once the kits come in. :D

Susan

Welcome to the community Susan!

I'm also another new person to this hobby who has been interested in miniatures/dollhouses since childhood. You will find that the people in this community are very friendly, warm and helpful. Since I joined only a couple weeks ago, they've already helped me a lot! There's lots and lots of great info on these pages, inspirations and a great camaderie among dollhouse addicts. :D

Looking forward to seeing your work! People here love to see photos, and you'll find that out soon enough! :D Currently I am working on the Pierce, and at this point I am stuck on the staircase. I haven't had much time lately to work on it, but I'm looking forward to this weekend to try to get past the staircase and move on to the next step!

Brenda