THE GARFIELD IS DONE

IAK

I have posted some new pictures in my gallery of my so called "finished" Garfield. I still have to finish some curtains and little details that I will pick up along the way.

Thank you all for all you great ideas and support while building this big baby!!! :p

After my vacation next week I will indulge in starting on the Arthur. Should be a cinch after this one. :blink:

I am definately hooked on this hobby. After the Arthur I have another waiting in the wings. :lol:

It is so beautiful! I love the colors and the whole look of your decorated Garfield. I started this hobby saying there would only ever be one dollhouse in my future, but now I am thinking maybe I will have room in my house for the Garfield.

BRAVO! BRAVO!!

Wonderful job. It looks to amazing. I love the landscaping you did. The back deck is spectacular!! I saw the basket I gave you in the pic too. :lol: All the furniture and little things fit together perfectly. The house looks great! I am soooo jealous! You've had alot more time to work on your house than I did. :blink:

I was out in the garage the other day and noticed that the china cabinet my mom had in the kitchen forever is in there gathering dust. They will probably give it away when we all sell the house. I brought one of my dolls in the garage and measured the shelves with him and he fits perfectly with head room to spare. I think that will be the "vessel" for my next project. I had mentioned previously that I wanted to make a bookshelf or soething and turn it into a tower of shops. I think since this cabinet is very plain with sliding glass doors will work beautifull and will be FREE (even better!) I can make six shops by dividing the shelves in half with foamboard or have 4 shops and an apartment on the top "floor". Plus there will be enough room at the top to make a roof top desk/garden. or but more roomboxes to sit on top.

If I don't get a chance to speak wiht you. I hope you have a wonderful vacation! See you soon!

Wonderful job. It looks to amazing. I love the landscaping you did. The back deck is spectacular!! I saw the basket I gave you in the pic too. :p All the furniture and little things fit together perfectly. The house looks great! I am soooo jealous! You've had alot more time to work on your house than I did. :lol:

I was out in the garage the other day and noticed that the china cabinet my mom had in the kitchen forever is in there gathering dust. They will probably give it away when we all sell the house. I brought one of my dolls in the garage and measured the shelves with him and he fits perfectly with head room to spare. I think that will be the "vessel" for my next project. I had mentioned previously that I wanted to make a bookshelf or soething and turn it into a tower of shops. I think since this cabinet is very plain with sliding glass doors will work beautifull and will be FREE (even better!) I can make six shops by dividing the shelves in half with foamboard or have 4 shops and an apartment on the top "floor". Plus there will be enough room at the top to make a roof top desk/garden. or but more roomboxes to sit on top.

Yes I have more time then you Jaimie. I only work part time and don't have any little ones home anymore.

I love your idea for that cabinet in your garage! :blink:

After the summer we have to get together again and 'make' some stuff....

Irene: Great job on your Garfield. It is beautiful. I love your crochet rugs. The whole house looks so good, the detail all goes together so well. Congratulation on a job very well done.

A finished Garfield is quite an accomplishment, but to have done it so beautifully...well...you have done that and then some! Congratulations...I love every little touch you've put in and am going to file away some of your ideas in my "to do" box. Beautiful work, Irene... You should be so proud!

Irene -

What a wonderful treat this evening to log onto the site and view your photos of the completed Garfield. The house was in very good hands. I really like the cozy deck scene ... you did a great job on that deck ... right down to dad's Bud!! Terrific. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

-Susanne

Wow! Your Garfield is awesome! After looking at all the pics, I think I'll pack away my digital camery and slink away quietly.... :D

Thanks for the nice compliments....Please don't go packing your camera away :p , I always look forward to seeing what you have done. I got some good ideas from you. :p

I love your crochet rugs.

I got those in the dollar store :D

Heaps of bouquets for you! :p

Bowing and blushing :D :lol:

Irene -

I really like the cozy deck scene ... you did a great job on that deck ... right down to dad's Bud!!

-Susanne

Thanks, I am happy with the way the deck came out. Dad had to have his bud after a long day at work :lol:

If I were you I'd be sitting around staring at it all day :) Love it.

I do...............I'm a nerd!

Yes I have more time then you Jaimie. I only work part time and don't have any little ones home anymore.

I love your idea for that cabinet in your garage! :D

After the summer we have to get together again and 'make' some stuff....

Thanks about the cabinet idea. When I told my husband he just looked at me like I was crazy. The piece is full of dust and cobwebs right now, but he doesn't see the potential. Just like when I brought home the very OLD table I got at a garage sale for $5 and took 2 weeks to get layers of old paint off, sand every piece down and then repaint it. But my kitchen table looks beautiful and has been very useful for the last 2 years. Plus it is exactly what I wanted, and cheap!

I'm counting on us getting together during the cooler months! And possibly getting together with that monthly mini group in our area that I found, too.

By the way I was up very late last night, not realizing how late it had gotten, working on the house (Garfield). I still have a bunch of base boards, a few ceiling moldings and door trims, etc. to finish, but I started putting the furniture in every room and all my accessories that I have so I can figure how the room will be layed out best. I have a lot of lights and it looks so beautiful when its lit and I turn off the actual room lights. I still have alot of decorating to do. I want to to some fancy beddings, drapes, rugs, etc.

I'll try to take some pics tonight if I can get to it. Real house is a mess. Gotten straighen up tonight. We are having a new babysitter (young teacher from Preschool) on Saturday and I'd be embarrassed to have her at the house when its mess!

Your Garfiled Mansion is Stunning!!! You did a Absolutely WONDERFUL Job on this house!! Please keep the pictures coming as you change things and decrorate and stuff. We know a dollhouse is never really ever finished because as we change, so do our houses :D

Yours is a real dream! Can I move in :D

I'll try to take some pics tonight if I can get to it.

Yeah pictures please, can't wait to see it :lol:

Your Garfiled Mansion is Stunning!!! You did a Absolutely WONDERFUL Job on this house!! Please keep the pictures coming as you change things and decrorate and stuff. We know a dollhouse is never really ever finished because as we change, so do our houses :lol:

Yours is a real dream! Can I move in :)

Thanks so much :D My daughter says she would love to have a real house like it, she said "shrink me down so I can just spend just a few days in it" :D

Yeah pictures please, can't wait to see it ;)

I put 2 new pics in my gallery entitled "Garfield updates 8-25-06". One it the front of the house (with a few pumpkins, paitently waiting for the Halloween Swap items, and the other is a full house shot from teh back opening. I tried to take a bunch of pics of the individual rooms, but all came out badly, I'll have to take more another night. The rooms have the furniture and some accessories in them, but each room still needs lots of individual attention and details.

I put 2 new pics in my gallery entitled "Garfield updates 8-25-06". One it the front of the house (with a few pumpkins, paitently waiting for the Halloween Swap items, and the other is a full house shot from teh back opening. I tried to take a bunch of pics of the individual rooms, but all came out badly, I'll have to take more another night. The rooms have the furniture and some accessories in them, but each room still needs lots of individual attention and details.

Nice job so far Jaimie....I can never wait to get all the furniture into the house either. I had furniture in mine before the roof was even on ;)