Orchid Question - order of building

I gave my niece an Orchid dollhouse to build with her mom. We primed everything and wallpapered before she took it home, and I left my sister and niece the instructions to follow the directions very carefully. Did you know that the directions say to use hot glue? This is annoying because I told them NOT to use hot glue; to use wood glue.

It is hard to help them from out of state and I know some of you have already built the Orchid. The directions are telling them to finish the windows before gluing the house together. My experience with the Aster was I finished gluing the house together first, then put on the window trim. The Aster, however, did not have double hung windows so I don't know if that makes a difference. I think they would have an easier time figuring out the trim if the house was actually glued together first, so they could 'place' the window trim (without gluing) before painting it so they would know where each piece really fits, then paint and glue. Would this approach work, or do they really need to finish the window before putting the rest of the house together?

Thanks!

The windows can wait until the end. I'm pretty sure the only thing that's different from regular windows is that part of the wall needs to be painted the same as the window trim, to give it the double hung effect. But there's no reason this couldn't be done once the house was already assembled.

I've found that many of the kits' instructions (not just the Orchid) suggest gluing on windows and trim midway through the project. I've learned to ignore it. :)

HI Sarah, this is Abby, the sister. I joined the group!

Maybe they could become members here too!? That way they could look at the Orchid building blogs, galleries, as well as calling you.