Hi - New To this Forum!!

Hi, I have been visiting this site for a while but have only just joined. I adore minitures (as everyone does) and once built the Garfield (not very successfully). Sometime in the future I want to do the Garfield again (the first one I gave away to a cousin's daughter) and this time, do it correctly - the problem is that I live in Port Macquarie (North Coast of Sydney, Australia) and I don't think many hobby companies actually import Greenleaf products. If anyone knows how I might obtain the Garfield or know of any suppliers of Greenleaf dollhouses in Sydney could you let me know? :lol: thanks

Hi Karen & welcome to the forum.

You could probably order the Garfield from any mini company in the US, but the postage/shipping would probably be exhorbitant. Have you looked on the web for a supplier there? Maybe one of our members closer to you can help out. The Garfield is a great house and I hope you find one to build. :lol:

Hi Karen,

I wish I could help with a supplier of Greenleaf but it's a great question and I'm sure you'll get an answer here. Sorry to hear you had trouble with your first Garfield but there is some good news - if your cousin's daughter ever tires of it, it could be rebuilt. I've gotten most of my dollhouses used and as children's toys that they've outgrown and they're quite a bit of fun to restore - a bit more work that building them the first time but very rewarding to take something that was looked on as a discard and turn it into something special :lol: So just make sure they know that if they decide they ever don't want it to let you have first chance at getting it back :lol: I think Glen is from down your part of the world so maybe he knows a bit more about Greenleaf products down there.

Welcome to the forum! :D

-David

Hi Karen!

Welcome to the community. I'm sure you'll enjoy being a part of this community, everyone here is very warm, welcoming and encouraging! :lol:

As for buying dollhouses / miniatures in Australia, you can check out this link to start. Hopefully it can point you in the right direction. :lol:

Dollhouses and Miniatures in Australia

Sincerely,

Brenda

I know that there is a large club in Austrailia and that they just had their show

do you know about it? is it close enough for you to participate?

there might be club members who have had this same problems and know how to help you!

we welcome you to our little peice of the web. hope you come back often

we are not just a house forum we enjoy all kinds of miniature goodies!

so feel free to jump right in and share your photos and ideas with us.

nutti ;)