Hello All!

LPCullen

Hello everybody! I hope everyone is doing well. I sure have missed all of you and hope life slows down a bit so I can hang out more. I haven't had time to work on dollhouses--just been too busy working and other things, but I sure am itching to get back to it. It got so busy at work that my boss hired me a part-time assistant to help me. Then he discovered how smart she was and stole her! LOL! Now she's gone full time and I'm training her to be a mini-me. We're discussing changing my roles at work and putting me more into supervising the domestic team. I said OK, but I get a bigger office. We'll see how that goes....

Had a bit of bad luck lately. About 3 months ago I had a big tree fall during a storm. It ripped down the power line and pulled the power boxes off the wall. I was out of my house for 3 days until they got it fixed. Had to go stay with my daughter in her tiny tiny little house. Then 3 weeks ago a tornado came through, picked up a tree that measured about 33 inches across and slammed it into the side of my house and it then fell on my truck. The tree hit the house so hard it cracked the tree. Put a great big hole in my roof and my side wall, shoved the side wall inward and kicked the front wall outward, demolished my front deck and smashed the old concrete porch under the deck, and totalled my truck. I've been homeless since then and will continue to be homeless until they get my house fixed, but the contractor starts on Monday, so hopefully I'll get to go home someday soon. I had to take some of the cats to my daughter's house, and I had to take Oliver, Bella and Gigi down to my son's house in Charlotte. The cats are not happy about being away from home.

Anyhow, I promise to try to get on here more.

:hug: Oh, Linda! :hug: I am SO glad to see you're home here! I'd wondered about you and everyone who lives where all these terrible storms are occuring. I also hope our NOLA members aren't any of them where it's flooding.

Thanks everyone! It's good to be home here again.

The insurance company and I are battling at the moment. Lucky for me, I have enough in my equity line to fix the house while I'm waiting on the insurance company to figure it all out. The truck is another matter. The adjuster missed half of the things damaged on it! Anyhow, like I said, the contractor starts on the house on Monday. I'm hoping like crazy I'll be home in 2 weeks. Being away from home is really hard! I really feel for all of the other people in my area and worldwide that are going through all of this now. Lucky for me I have an excellent family. One of my brothers has a 3 bedroom house and he's never home much because he travels so much for his job, and he's only 7 miles away and has allowed us to stay at his house. Several family members have been able to loan us vehicles so we're not sharing one vehicle, which has been wonderful.

Anyhow, I think once I get my home back I'll build something. It's been WAY too long since I did that!

Oh yes, and I have 6 other trees in my yard which could potentially hit my house if another storm or tornado came through like we've been having of late. Well, actually, 3 or 4 are close to the house, one is close to the shop, and one is close to the shed. Since I don't like the way Mother Nature has been taking down these trees, I've contracted with a company to remove all six of those trees.... LOL!