Sources for paperclay

chapchap73

This may seem silly, but can you guys tell me where to get paperclay? I've tried googling it, and there are so many results I'm not sure which one is right :( I want to try some stone work, but the egg carton method is beyond me. Thanks :wave:

If you just want to practice, check your local Micheal's, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, or whoever sells modelling clays. I've also found one-pound blocks of it where I buy my polyclay flesh & translucent clays, at Utrecht's art supply store. If you want ginormous quantities to do whole houses you might click on the Creative Paperclay weebsite and order from there.

Sarah, you might like to try this recipe:

http://ultimatepaper...aper-mache-clay

I'm currently working on a "gingerbread" dollhouse - a poor old GL Arthur, that somebody had thrown together with hot glue - no sanding, no paint or decoration of any kind. I think they knocked it together, and then tossed it in a corner to collect dust and dry out. I trimmed off the big gobs of glue, and removed the broken porch posts and porch roof. Then I covered the whole thing in Michaels paperclay, which cost a small fortune! Next time, I'll try the home-made recipe instead! :D

I found the paperclay I was looking for at Michael's. Thank goodness I asked you guys about it because I would not have had a clue otherwise; it was buried way in the back of the store. I can't wait to try it out!

Rosalind, thanks for the recipe. I saw some online, but not this one. It doesn't look too hard, although I'm not sure what my boys would say if I told them I was covering a house with toilet paper :giggle: Wait, I can hear them laughing hilariously now. :lol: