Look aat all the changes!

chesterfieldzoo

Hi, Deana!! :wave:

I'm sooo happy to see this - we have all been so worried, and sending out mega energy and positive thoughts to you. :flowers:

I'm so excited you're here!! :w00t:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Welcome Home! :wub:

It will be a couple of weeks still. For anyone who cares - I had the flu, an allergicc reaction to my birds leaving scar tissue on my lungs, my lung collapsed, my kidneys failed, staph infecction, blood infection, bersa (or something) ards, got diabetes, possibly a small stoke on the right side, got a tracheotomy. I think there was more. I can't remember. Coma for 6 weeks. All has been fixed now. Kidneys recovered, trach is out, diabetes went away. On the plus side - I lost 50 pounds. Awesome start on my new diet.

All my pets are gone except 3 parrots and 3 dogs. The tortoises and 1 parrot now live at the Meijer gardens in michigan. They go visit children in schools. My kitties are with my daughter, I will get retested for allergies and if its ok, they will come back home. I am sad I had to rehome my new puppy, but he now lives with a family with 3 children who adore him. Of course, I am sad to have given up all my animals, but some were very special. I am trying to stay positive. With less pets I will have more time for minis again and I am going to do more with my husband and his shooting. I never had time to go with him to events because he would spend the night and now I can as well.

Thank you to everyone for all the thoughts and prayers and to Michelle for all her updates. I still have a long way to go, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

Well look who's back! :hug: Welcome home, you have most assuredly been missed! Girl, you sure don't do things by halves! And we have also enjoyed having Michelle back, too!

Hi, Deana! Glad you're better. Sorry you were so sick. Didn't know. Praying for your full recovery and that you can have your kitties back.

Despite being given less than 1% chance to live, I managed to.

You did that just to prove them wrong, didn't you? You're such a stubborn lady.

<throwing arms around you and giving you a huge hug as gently as possible> I can't tell you how happy I am to see you back. I can't believe what you've gone thru and how strong you must be to survive all that, and with your sense of humor intact too! But honestly Deana, there are LOTS better ways to lose 50 lbs. LOL

I'm babbling because I don't want to get all mushy but I know you know what I mean. I was worried and I'm glad you're okay.

Deb

Despite being given less than 1% chance to live, I managed to. I am in rehab now and have computer access. I really miss everyone. It's been 110 days, I am very anxious to go home.

Ohhhhh, Deana >major hug session< sooooooo happy tp hear from you!!!! Miss you too, this really made my day seeing you here!

Happy, happy, happy dance!!!!

HUGS

What wonderful news!! We have missed you terribly and have prayed for your recovery. Keep on getting well. The loss of your pets is a hard adjustment, but it sounds like they have found fantastic new homes. Big hugs to you. Rita

So pleased to see you back again Deana, what a terrible time you have had and what a catalogue of problems. I bet you can't wait to get out of there and back home. I know how sad you must feel about having to rehome some of your pets but I think you are wise to concentrate on other things at the moment. Good luck and get strong again.

Holy cow Deana! Glad you are back, and in more or less one piece. I should give you my sister's phone #, you and her could compare medical war stories.

I'm really glad you didn't leave us.

So glad you are getting better and in a place that can help you do that faster.

I'm sure you are impatiently waiting to get back to doing the things you love best.

Just take one thing at a time and before you know it, you'll be running circles around us all.

Thanks for all the TLC you have given so many of us here on the forum.

Our prayers continue for your complete recovery.

Wow, it's is hard to fathom all that you have overcome!

Welcome back! It is so great to "see" you again!

Despite being given less than 1% chance to live, I managed to. I am in rehab now and have computer access. I really miss everyone. It's been 110 days, I am very anxious to go home.

So glad you a recovering from that horrible ordeal! With all the upset on this forum I had lost track of your progress. Glad to know that prayers have been answered. Keep on keeping on -- get back to full strength :yes:

*running across the room* Yayyyyyyyyyyy! Your back! I am so glad you are a tough chicky and you pushed through those percentages. You are not a number! You are Deanna! Woot!