Has this ever happened to you?

chapchap73

I'm sure this has happened to some of you. I love my dollhouse, but I just can't seem to get going on it. My creative juices seem to only work for about 2 days at a time. The worst part is that I received a doll in a grab bag from Manor House who doesn't fit in my house at all! Until this one, I didn't even like dolls at all :( I'm afraid that she is going to need a friend, a house, maybe a teacher/nanny that I already ordered from Dollhouse Emporium :wub: Help!

Well, I've done more research on this site and it seems that a lot of people have been where I am. So, I ordered an Orchid kit for my little Emma and her friends to play in :whistle: Wait, did I just say her friends? I think I'm in trouble :lol:

It can be so frustrating when you hit a dead-end. Then, all of a sudden, the vision will come to you. It may take months, and it may hit at 1:00 in the morning, and awaken you, but then I'm so happy until I hit another road-block. A vision finally came to me for the attic on my McKinley (first dollhouse build) and I'm so excited. It will be a great "man cave" to compliment all the walnut trim and flooring and suble wallpaper. Even a chandelier in tower and hope to put a harp and chair in there. The moments that a house will talk to you can happen at any time and you just can't rush it. It will come!

I think that s why so many of us have more than one dollhouse being worked on at a time. You are not alone. Sometimes, when my houses don't especially "talk" to me, I start a new miniature project like making curtains for THAT house or flower arrangements for THAT house and eventually, it re-inspire me to move on :)