HBS/RGT Vent :P

minifan

I am in such a mood...my dh keeps telling me to calm down and I just can't...maybe my mini-family will feel my pain!!!

My dh ordered me a dh, a surprise kit...(I accidentally found out it's an RGT house)...I have no idea what kit it is... he ordered it on 03/31, and said it just keeps saying backordered, (because of course I keep asking when it will arrive)...:ohyeah:

So it's now Tues. almost 2weeks later...he called yesterday to find out when it will ship... they said they don't know, maybe today or tomorrow, hopefully by Friday... :blink:

Um...FRIDAY is when they are going to ship...so when is it going to arrive here!?!:angry:

I'M DYING AT THIS POINT...what is the kit!?! Where is the kit!?!:angry:

Could anyone else handle this anticipation??? :whistle:

Was wondering when we were going to hear what your surprise was the other evening. lol I know I'm bad knowing what I'm getting and having to wait, but at least that gives you a chance to plan on things like wallpapers, flooring, etc... But not knowing -- oh that'd just hurt! Hopefully it's all worth it in the end when you get to open the box -- and of course share the news with us all when it comes! Good luck with the wait ;)

I tried to beat him...it didn't work!!! He has tendinitis in his hand and has had to wear a cast...he got my sympathy vote... :glare:

That's the thing...I CAN'T EVEN PLAN!!!:angry:

I have no idea how big it is, how many rooms, etc. He said it ranges from a roombox to a 15room house...UM THAT'S QUITE A RANGE!!! :glare:

I'm sooo irritated right now...I'm on edge... I hate it!!!:idiot:

I'm in the same boat, I ordered the half scale Bungalow on the 31st and have heard nothing about it, even though the rest of my order already shipped. Since the HBS portion shipped my account shows that the order is "complete" with no details about when to expect the house (which ships directly from RGT). I emailed customer service a couple of days ago and haven't had a response. Maybe I'll call just to check in.

I imagine a lot of people ordered houses with the 40% off sale so it's not too surprising that they're backlogged. Still, it's hard to wait! Guess I'll go work on my Rosedale in the meantime... :lol:

I just called HBS and mine is en route, scheduled for delivery tomorrow! The rep sounded surprised that I hadn't received an email with a tracking number. She sent it to me, so now I can hit refresh on UPS's site repeatedly to see where it is. :whistle:

Err... or I can go paint window trim for my Rosedale. :lol:

I would be climbing on the ceiling waiting!!!!! I don't know how you can do it! I especially don't know how your DH can keep the secret from you that long.... I always tell my husband what he is getting for Christmas a week before just because I can't hold it in! :doh:

Must be a man thing to be able to torture us through the withholding of information.... :lol:

I especially don't know how your DH can keep the secret from you that long.... Must be a man thing to be able to torture us through the withholding of information.... :lol:

He is a DEF. secret keeper...I'm the spiller...he gets shocked if I hold a secret in... ;)

:p to you FOV!!! I'm jealous!!! :p

I would be climbing the walls, I couldn't stand it not knowing!! LOL! Nice of hubby to keep the surprise going, though!

I ordered on the 31st also, the travel trailer, and they had on their website that my credit card was declined. So, I call the credit card company and they said it should have been fine. I was afraid when I called them that they wouldn't still give me the 40% discount but they did. They never explained what happened, though.

So, now its going to be another 7-`10 days before I get it.

You need to check your Order History page on HBS site for UPS tracking numbers. I purchased an RGT house kit on 4/1 and on 4/6 the tracking number appeared on my HBS Order History page. My kit is due to be delivered tomorrow and I am in California. I have purchased at least seven RGT kits through the HBS sales over the years and have never waited longer than two weeks to receive them.

Amanda, I thought the kit was to be your birthday present. Have you had your birthday yet? Maybe hubby has taken delivery of the kit already and has it stashed until your big day.

Valerie

You"ve got us all jumping!!! Hope it comes right now! I looked at RGT houses before the sale and did see a couple of the houses did have back ordered listed. I ended up buying The Wentworh Court from DHE. I would think the rush of purchases from the sale shouldn't hold it up as they do come from RGT. Anyway, fingers are crossed! Janet

Amanda, I thought the kit was to be your birthday present. Have you had your birthday yet? Maybe hubby has taken delivery of the kit already and has it stashed until your big day.

Valerie

It is my birthday present...but the sale was April 1st and my birthday is (coincidentally) Mother's Day... so it's a joint gift...and I get it right away... (there was some issues w/my husband's personal assistant changing my passwords on things...and it caused an uproar in my household...a lines issue for me...:huh: ) so that turned into me getting it at once... so basically if he's hoarding it somewhere, I will kill him this time!!! :groucho:

You need to check your Order History page on HBS site for UPS tracking numbers.

My order included a few items that shipped from HBS's warehouse, plus the house that's shipping directly from RGT. On the My Order page, all I see is the USPS tracking number for the portion of the order that shipped from HBS (which arrived last week).

IT SHIPPED!!!!:banana:

My dh called today and found out that they had over 400 orders for RGT kits from this sale alone...:yikes: and that's what is taking so long to ship them out...also the "particular kit" that is on it's way to me...apparently RGT was waiting for a part for it...

OH...HOW THE MIND IS ABUZZ!!!

Anyways...I wasn't expecting much tonight and dh just checked and they shipped it!!! (well, a tracking label was created for it...so that's exciting!!!) So far, UPS has no update other than that...

But he wrote down the tracking number so I can check that myself!!! :)

My order came today! The tracking never showed anything, only that they had received the shipping notice!

I was nicely surprised, I figured it be at least another day or two.

Amanda, let us know what your kit is, if you can drag yourself away from it long enough, LOL!

Amanda, let us know what your kit is, if you can drag yourself away from it long enough, LOL!

OH trust me, the entire board will know when it arrives!!! :)

It's supposed to deliver today, but I leave at 4:00pm for school and I'm not home until 9:30pm...so if it arrives in that time frame...I'll have to wait until after-class to see it!!! :(

I will have to post about it asap, because I will not be able to tear myself away...(unless I don't like it!!! :p)

• 2 weeks later...