Hi

KDC1956

<_< Hi all this is going to be a lot of fun for myself and my wife. We are building a Doll House for the first time lol.We have read a lot online.Looks to be a job but I have no fear I build 1/4 scale model planes all the time so my wife as me to help her and its fun to build something different for a change.We will post pic as we go.

Hello and welcome to you and your wife, Kenneth! That's great that you guys can share a hobby like that together. I think it would be nice to do that with my boyfriend, but I think that we both have different tastes as far as decorating houses go. <_< We'll probably end up arguing about what wallpaper and what paint color to use!

He is a little competitive so maybe we can each have our own house to build and decorate. That might be fun! :lol: But then again, I'm not sure if I could get him into dollhouses though. Maybe another hobby?

Hi Kenneth,

I think you'll really enjoy dollhouse building and I'm sure your wife will love it. There's just SO much that cna be done these days with a kit that it makes the possibilities endless! Also we've got a few other couples here on the forum that build houses - what a great shared hobby :D

And Brenda - you never know about your boy friend. Dollhouses aren't just for girls anymore only guys tend to call them things like "scale architecture" and dolls are "scale character figures" :) And some of the best miniaturists in their fields are men like Rik Pierce and James Carrington - look up some of their work on the internet and be prepaired to be Wowed :D

-David :D

hi david -

well, i can certainly ask him if he wants to help me out. he's given me some tips here and there on woodworking, he's taken woodworking classes before.

i'm gonna have to check out Rik Pierce and James Carrington. Their names sound familiar though.

I just read an article in Dollhouse Miniatures about Ferd Sobol. WOW!!!!!! His work is amazing. After I read the article I went to his website and was blown away by the quality of his work (and, well...his prices).

Welcome KDC

which house have you and the wife decided on?

lots of good info found on almost any house can be found around here somewhere...

and dont forget to ask...we love questions and PHOTOS!

Im glad you found us and I hope we can be of some help to yall!

nutti :)

:lol: We are going to build the Coventry Cottage for the first one then we also have the Orchid whitch is the one I got for my self lol.Ok so I like to build models anyway and my wife Deborah had always wanted to build on so it was not hard to talk me into it. LOL

I really REALLY had fun building that house. I changed it a little so it does not look like a Coventry cottage. You can see my blog by clicking here .

Everyone did a fantastic job on this house. You can follw each person's blog by cliking on there name

• 3 weeks later...