I'm new too!

mcaced

Been poking around this forum for a few days and really like it! I have three dollhouses and am getting ready to build my forth- the Magnolia, I think. I've been interested in miniatures since I was about 6 and my mom built her first dollhouse. She says I kind of "stole" it from her. Never the less, it became mine. I completely ruined it over the years, but had a lot of fun making curtains and painting about 12 times.

As an adult I've built three dollhouses: the Fairfield, the Garfield in 1/144 and the San Fransiscan (this is my baby and I'm currently working on it). I LOVE LOVE LOVE to see photos of other people's dollhouses they are working on or finished. Espcially if they've added rooms or other architectural details not included with the kit. I'm also interested in maybe one day making dollhouse food out of clay and fimo. i hope to get my own photo gallery up soon.

Hi Emily and welcome! I'm new too. But unlike you, I've never done a dollhouse before. Just starting! <_<

Yeah, I too would love to see photos of other people's work/creativity, especially those who do kit bashing.

I'm going to take photos on every step along the way as I do my dollhouse. I think it'd be neat to look back on the progress.

I would also like to get into making my own miniatures - furniture as well as food and flowers and curtains and etc. Is fimo the best clay to use? I went to Michael's and saw that they had other brands there too.

Welcome Emily!!! After you make 5 posts on the forum you have access to create your own Gallery! I can't WAIT to see your pictures <_<

I am also glad you stopped poking around and decided to join us! See there, we got two new neighbors today :lol:

Hi Tracy,

I just took a peek at your gallery. WOW!!! Amazing work!!! I hope I can be as good as you someday! Where do you store/display your dollhouses? I've been contemplating this question - wondering where in the house I'll be able to display my dollhouse once it's done. <_<

To be honest, I only have 2 roomboxes and 3 two roomed houses that are MINE for sure. All of the others I have sold <_< . My personal ones are in boxes right now because we are moving soon!

We are building a house and should bein it in December (I sure can't wait)

:lol:

Cool, so not only are you building miniature houses, you're building a real life one too. <_< I've been thinking about doing room boxes to start off with for when I start doing Japanese-theme. From what I've read and from what my cousin in Japan told me, that's what most Japanese miniaturists do are roomboxes, since homes in Japan are kinda small and not much room for actual dollhouses.

I know that Dees delights carry a roombox called Tea Room of the full moon. It's really nice too and they used to carry a full line of asian themed furniture but some of it has been discontinued <_< .

I just took a peek at your gallery. WOW!!! Amazing work!!!

Thank you so much for your Kind words!!!

Hi Emily,

I've heard making Fimo food can be just as addicting as everything else mini :) I've made lots of mini pumpkins with polymer clay but so far that's about as much food as I've made. There are some great books though - I haven't gotten the one by Angie Scarr yet but I've been told by a lot of folks that it's the best :D And we've got lots of kit bashers around here too - it's So much fun! I'm beginning to wonder if I can actually make a house without bashing it heh :D Welcome to the forum,

-David

I saw that Fantisy Villa house for sale on ebay- was that you?? It's gorgeous!! Is it 1" or 1/2" scale?

It could have been me if it had stone on it :) Thank you for your kind words. That is 1/2" scale and is modeled off of the house from Lady & The tramp :D You can see both pictures HERE

!WELCOME!

so glad you found our little corner of the world.

I look forward to seeing the photos of the houses you have built and watching the progress of the Magnolia...

that is one I look forward to building someday.

nutti

:)

I've heard making Fimo food can be just as addicting as everything else mini

Yes it is..very much so as I have discovered...I started out making grapes for an arbor I had made and it sort of exploded into an obsession....every time I think I am done, I think of something else to try!! Lol...My Webpage

• 4 weeks later...