Yay, its back up!!!!

stefanib123

Oh it is back!!!! Ye har!

Man, I never realized how much I really enjoy this website until it was gone! I also had withdrawal symptoms and I had to occupy my time with other things like housework and mulching the garden! (I hate housework and garden work, but I love dollhouse work!!)

I felt so lonely not being able to read everyone's posts and look at pictures, it felt like I was cut off from my new world of friends!

Getting used to the new look, and over the moon at being back!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad GL's back up too. Lots of Drama at home this week, I could have used another place to escape into.

We finally have a warm day here. I thought it would never come. No sun, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

In the meantime I've wallpapered Moggie Manor, all rooms except the upper hallway, which is left bare for a reason..I have some soldering to do in that 'room'. Why do they call hallways rooms? Heck, they're h a l l w a y s , doh. No living in them just running up and down. I think if I ever do another house, I'll eliminate the hallways and pretend they're behind the rooms.

I'm putting in a picture...let's see if it works. This is Moggie Manor's bathroom, so far. Floor isn't in yet, that's just a piece of matboard. No ceiling either, I need to wire it..but I wanted to show off the rl wallpaper border I found...it makes a really nice mural. I topped it with some cable molding I found at HD's tiny trims display.

Hmm..no picture.....Ooook, that didn't work, LOL. I guess I'll create a flickr account and show my pics off that way, until the picture issue is fixed.

J

I have missed you all so much. !!! So glad to have my Greenleaf family back.!! I have been so excited to let you all see what I got last week... and just had a tough time waiting to show you all..... will make a new post tomorrow.!! So much has happened this week and its been a tough week.

so happy to have the site back.! feels like home.!

Kellee

Have to agree -- so glad the site's back up! I believe Audra and I were both thinking the same as to how we were going through withdrawal when she posted on the mini's.com fb page about how she was missing the site. Glad to be "home" again!

I see the spammers are here in full force....Im sure that will get worked out. Very glad GL is back!!! Thanks for the awesome new site:)
The gross one's gone, that's what those "Report" buttons at the bottom left of each post are for.

If you see any spam posts please report them. Right now there are a few kinks to be worked out. Thank You all so much!
You know I do!

I Love the new "share this topic" so we can share topics on facebook or twitter!

I'm not sure what that means. I don't use facebook or care to, so.......if I post a reply in a topic, can my reply be seen on facebook? Can my avatar be seen on facebook? Can my posts in "chit-chat" be posted on facebook or sent via twitter to someone else?

Please forgive me but I am super cautious of social networking.

I'm not sure what that means. I don't use facebook or care to, so.......if I post a reply in a topic, can my reply be seen on facebook? Can my avatar be seen on facebook? Can my posts in "chit-chat" be posted on facebook or sent via twitter to someone else?

Please forgive me but I am super cautious of social networking.

Mary, anyone going onto the Greenleaf forum has always been able to see the avatars, posts and replies. You can search for topics on Google. The 'share' feature puts a link to the forum topic onto my facebook wall, so people who can see my wall can click on the link to the topic I like. So doesn't put the whole topic or replies on facebook, just the link to the topic (the link has always been available on google search).

Whilst our beloved forum was away - I had a definite feeling that the Earth had somehow shifted off of its axis and everything had gone wonky. :blink: So glad it is back. All is right with the world again. Ahhhh...such a relief. :yes:

Mary, anyone going onto the Greenleaf forum has always been able to see the avatars, posts and replies. You can search for topics on Google. The 'share' feature puts a link to the forum topic onto my facebook wall, so people who can see my wall can click on the link to the topic I like. So doesn't put the whole topic or replies on facebook, just the link to the topic (the link has always been available on google search).

Muriel,

I understand that anyone has been able to read and see any posts and topics on the forum. I'm not that computer illiterate! :lol:

It's the fact that there will be a link to facebook that concerns me. A link is a connection to facebook, correct?

Perhaps I should ask this question in a new topic. :)

I have been gone a week and was out of touch with GL. I tried a couple of times but nearly went into cardiac arrest when I tried to log on and GL was gone!

Glad it is back and up running. Had trouble signing in as it would not recognize my password but it seems to be all ok now. Now will have to do some checking out to see how and what went on while I was gone

Thank goodness for the eagle cam ... I'd sit down to click on Greenleaf, realize I couldn't, then head over to watch the eagle babies. I'm depending on Greenleaf staying up and running in perfect order for the next few months as I'll need it to help me overcome eagle empty nest syndrome when the babies fly away.

Phew, that was a rough few days without the forum!

Every morning I get up with my cup of coffee and come here to the Greenleaf forum. I didn't know what to do with myself the last few mornings. I was also getting a little worried because I had just ordered The Glencroft and The orchid and I knew I would need to come here for guidance. I was afraid they might arrive before the site was back up and I would have to start them without any help.

I'm doing the happy dance, :banana: , I'm so glad it's back.

I did like the old edit feature, where you only had to click once to get the post to switch back to make adjustments/ corrections. I have to click the prompt and wait for it to load and then click it again and wait for it to load a second time before it changes. I hope it changes soon, it's a pain to be on dialup, but better than no internet at all.

...I'm so sad, I still can't get to the Gallery.If I click 'Gallery'-it takes a long time then I get a white page that says.."The web page address you entered could not be found"

What the heck?????? I so miss seeing all the pictures.I notice that people are adding their pictures...but I don't understand why I can't get to the Gallery.. :cry:

Happens to me too Llyn. Can normally get around it by clicking to see someone's gallery (by clicking on the picture symbol below their avatar) and then you can search the gallery from there. Have a go and see if that works for you.