Big trouble over little things

kreativitea75

How do you know when you have gone too far? Is it when you hide a dollhouse kit in your car trunk? When you plan on packing all of your minis for a move while DH is at work? Because while he has seen everything I have purchased, he has not seen it en masse, and I don't want to see what his reaction will be. Not that he isn't the sweetest man and is not a yeller and I really have nothing to fear, but aren't these signs of mini addiction? OMG, I'm an addict, aren't I?!

I think you are in the same boat as most of us. I have mini's hidden all over the place :idea: My husband knows of most of them, but like yours not en masse. To be honest, I'm a little afraid to see my entire hoard en masse :p . I have forgotten about so much, that I've bought double of so many things. I'll try to organize my minis and always find things that I have forgotten about.

I don't have a husband so don't have that to consider. Sometimes though I think, what would whoever had to pack all this stuff think about me when I'm gone. I've thought of getting rid of a lot because of this but then think, who cares if it comes out I'm an addict. I enjoy it. :idea:

LOL It's nice to know I'm not alone. I feel guilty (sometimes, goes away quickly after reveling in the new minis awhile) that I "sneak" dollhouse kits and minis into the house and then hide them in my art room for awhile. Then when I bring something out to work on and he asks "When'd you get that?" I casually reply "This old thing? I've had this forever" :p I hear "normal" women say this about clothing, purses and shoes but I find it can be applied just as well for mini addicts like myself. He never seems upset at this, as long as he doesn't see it come into the house he's fine with it LOL. And since he's afraid of being injured he doesn't go into my workroom unless I'm there to guide or call the proper authorities if he dissappears in the (organized) chaos. :idea:

:stands up: Hi! My name is Jenni and I am a mini addict. It has been 2 hours since my last mini purchase and I am already planning my next purchase (You know about the 40% off coupon tomorrow right?) and also I am :gasp: working on minis right now as we speak. I am planning on working on minis all next week, since I have it off. Yes, I have an addiction, but I am very happy, so no I don't wanna quit. :idea:

I have done everything you mentioned in your post. My husband is not a yeller either, but I know he doesn't understand that my minis are needful things. :p

Right now we're going though this "don't ask, don't tell" period. He doesn't ask, and I don't tell.

As far as going too far, that would be if you're taking money away from your mortgage or food or bills, etc. Until then, have fun! Throw caution to the wind! Live it up!

BE HAPPY! :idea:

Yay! I'm not alone! (Not that I really thought I was, sometimes nice to see it in black and white, though.) I just tend to go all in on something, there is no halfway or dabbling for me. If I pick up something I read, learn, experiment, and yes, purchase, most things I can get my hands on.

Kabrina: lmao! I was thinking the same exact thing! "What? This old kit? I've had it forever!"

Jenni: I purchased the Spring Fling kit this morning and just submitted my order at HBS!! But now I really, really need to pack up what I have (and NOT in the clear plastic totes they are in now!), and stop adding to it!

I appreciate everyone's support and love having this forum to turn to!

My husband is not a yeller either, but I know he doesn't understand that my minis are needful things. :p

BE HAPPY! :idea:

Mary: that's it exactly! And spending your mortgage money on mini's would be too stressful and ruin all the fun!

I've often wished I had one of those minivans where the seats fold into the floors just so I could hide things in those cubbies. Right now, I'm at work sitting next to my Spring Fling package (it came today!) thinking "Thank God its flat. I'll just lay it down under the back seat of the Jeep".

We're definitely a "don't ask, don't tell" home. Surely he's not so dumb as to think that the reason I need more space in the garage is because I'm messy! He knows when I buy things at the Hobby Lobby 50% sale and when I go to the local store's mini garage sale but I certainly don't tell him how much I bought or spent.

Earlier this month, he left on a Friday to to visit some family for a week. I spent all weekend (I even took off Monday so I'd have more time to work out there without "neglecting" him) fondling purchases that had been hiding and carefully taking them out of their packaging and putting them away. I had paper, furniture (yep, that 50% off sale), pretties, and even a whole dollhouse. I found all the packaging trash that I had previously stashed and made sure EVERYTHING was in the trash can to take to the street on Monday.

Now that I have my Spring Fling project, I've got shipments from HBS and Manor House and Emporium on their way (here to work, of course). The best thing about minis... I can often stuff an entire shipment in my purse!!

Count me in this group! :p

I live alone, and don't really have anyone to answer to about my mini addiction. BUt I can only imagine what my parents would say (they are coming for a visit next month) if they knew I had two more house kits in the closet, while the massive Garfield sits on a table in my living room, in progress. I am so tempted to start the Farfield, but will at least hold off until after their visit! :victory:

I have one closet full of supplies, furniture and lighting and accessories, waiting for placement in the houses. No one but me sees this but me :idea:

But the things my parents or friends would say if they saw the stock of mini goodies I have.

My hubby isn't a yeller, he's an enabler! He went with me to Hobby Lobby for the big sale, and bought way more than me! He kept saying that I may need this or that, putting them in the cart. ( he picked out all building supplies) We probably will use it all, so it's all good. Besides, we kept part of our tax refund to splurge. Now I need to go to Dawn's store (dollsandminis) and buy the rest that I need. I love going there, and he does too. I could get lost in there for hours, and I try to look at every item she has, all 10,000 or so!

That's what I'm saving the rest of my share of the refund for. I just need to get out there soon.

The only thing he doesn't want me to buy is more dollhouse kits, because I so many still waiting to be built. However, if I come across one that I HAVE to buy, I'll agree to sell some that I probably won't want to build.

I hide my receipts from the mini's I buy. I don't want my husband to know how much they cost. He would freak.

Whenever I order something I try to get the package as soon as it comes and hide it from my husband and from my mom who comes over and babysits sometimes cause I'm always complaining that I have no money. I can't go around saying that I have no money and then buy miniatures.

I'm addicted but I don't hide anything from my dh. He never says anything because he has his own addiction in movies. I don't tell him to stop doing what he enjoys and he gives me the same respect.

He enables me in everything I do, fabric, mini's, tools, sewing machines. I'm a tiny bit spoiled.

I found all the packaging trash that I had previously stashed and made sure EVERYTHING was in the trash can to take to the street on Monday.

Now that I have my Spring Fling project, I've got shipments from HBS and Manor House and Emporium on their way (here to work, of course). The best thing about minis... I can often stuff an entire shipment in my purse!!

Ohmygosh - I totally unwrap directly into the garbage!

And I sooo miss those days of having a job to have packages delivered to! Oh yeah, and the paycheck to help pay for it all :idea: !

I'm addicted but I don't hide anything from my dh. He never says anything because he has his own addiction in movies. I don't tell him to stop doing what he enjoys and he gives me the same respect.

He enables me in everything I do, fabric, mini's, tools, sewing machines. I'm a tiny bit spoiled.

Lucky! My DH doesn't have hobbies. I keep trying to get him into something to balance out the playing field, but he never sticks to anything.

Zeb doesn't care what I do, as long as I don't criticize him when he goes out to the neighborhood club to drink with the guys. So I'm safe, LOL.

I figure that miniatures is a nice, clean, gentle hobby, and he knows where I am at all times, so that should be enough. The fact that I keep getting rid of real life sized furniture, (too much clutter to dust and clean) while gaining on miniature acquisitions, hasn't hit him hard yet, LOL, although he HAS noticed that our house is 'thinning out'.

Soon I'll have more stuff in my dollhouse than I have in real life.

I hide my receipts from the mini's I buy. I don't want my husband to know how much they cost. He would freak.

THIS!

My dh wouldn't be very happy if he knew what I was actually spending...he found out I spent $20 on a chair, and he FREAKED OUT until I told him that I had my eye on a (Bespaq) kitchen set that costs $339...he shut up about the $20 chair... :idea:

:idea: you are all awesome! My dh encouraged me to start building my dollhouse, so whatever happens- it is HIS fault :p

We are on a tight budget, but anywhere we go I always have my eye out.

I got some furniture from the dollar tree will definitely have to repaint it. I am bargain hunter. I did show him my wish list from Manor House.... I told him they were all "little things" and I didnt need them all at once. lol

:stands up: Hi! My name is Jenni and I am a mini addict. It has been 2 hours since my last mini purchase and I am already planning my next purchase (You know about the 40% off coupon tomorrow right?) and also I am :gasp: working on minis right now as we speak. I am planning on working on minis all next week, since I have it off. Yes, I have an addiction, but I am very happy, so no I don't wanna quit. :victory:

this

Whenever I order something I try to get the package as soon as it comes and hide it from my husband and from my mom who comes over and babysits sometimes cause I'm always complaining that I have no money. I can't go around saying that I have no money and then buy miniatures.

and this too

i get a little bit of anxiety lately about my purchases. some of what i buy he doesn't notice.. i also carry a laptop computer bag to work with me that has my graph paper, catalog and drawing supplies, so I can stash the smaller things (hinges, spindles, etc) and he won't notice. the packing slips are in my drawer here at work since I started having things shipped here.

last night, when i got home and told him about my 40% off your highest price item order, he asked me if i was all set with stuff for now.. i told him i haven't stocked up on supplies for a few years and there's still a few things i need :idea:

and as soon as i got here to work today, started a new cart of stuff for the next order.. but i do foresee trouble if he happens to take stock of all the goodies i've bought

(btw, the Shanghai dish set, amazing!!! :p)

I guess I'm the odd one out. Even tho I don't have to hide things from or explain them to anybody, I looked around The Lair a while ago and declared "Enough". The shelves are full, the budget's exhausted, I have enough kits to last me several years, and what I have will just have to do. Don't think I've been in Michael's since C'mas. I will be getting a couple of the battery operated lights with the discount coupon, but one of them is for Donald's shed ... just not sure which will look best. Times I miss my nice orderly basement; and [prepare to be shocked, get out the smelling salts] there are times I don't even look at the latest HBS catalog. :idea: I do like my hobby, but I get stressed by too much stuff staring at me and tapping little mini feet and saying "And just when do you plan on getting to ME??????"