I'm new here

Alisonvm

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here. I found a dollhouse at a yard sale for $2.00. I did reseach and discovered that it is The Arthur. It's a starter home that needs a little tender loving care. The shingles are flimsy. I purchased better shingles from the craft store and intend to replace them and re-glue some parts. A friend is coaching me along with this project. Wish me luck.

Alisonvm

Welcome Alison!!!

This is a great place to get tips, make friends, and if you need to let off some steam.

I hope your Arthur comes out great and we will all be waiting to see some pictures!

Welcome

so glad you found us and wow very cool find of the arthur for 2$

awesome. I just love my Arthur!

Im looking forward to seeing your photos as you go.

I have never had the pleasure of refurbishing a house but I would start by removing the inside and outside trim

than give it a good prime...I use Kilz spray prime

if you are wanting to stain your floors...do cover them with something before priming.

Happy Building!

nutti ;)

Welcome Allison! I can't wait to see what you do with your Arthur! We had a ball doing our blogs on this gem of a house. Have you seen the blogs yet? If not click this link:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...house/index.php?

Then select the one you want to follow.

Hi Alison,

The Arthur is a great house and what a fantastic buy! I have one of those also that I picked up second hand only I'm ashamed to say I haven't gotten to refurbish it yet - too many other UFO's (Un-Finished Objects) in line ahead of them heheh ;) But what a fun house it's going to be! Can't wait to see what you do with it

:blink: David