What's everyone working on?

Today I'm working on mini Christmas trees..having so much fun, wish I didn't have to stop to do cooking,cleaning and shopping but I do..such is life..

Me too! I do not want to do any of the above..........! It worries me, but what the heck! It WILL wait for me for sure! Except shopping, I have to have my coffee!

Kathie, That's so great! We're still cackling over the French cousins "discovering" NOLA's cuisine! Of course, now I'm gonna have to break up some of the baquette in the fridge and grab my Picayune cookbook and make us some bread pudding!

The Newberg is done! :) Hope my niece likes it. I'll get some pictures up later today.

Today I will wash the tablecloth since the house has been on the dining room table since January, then I can put out my Christmas stuff in the dining room.

Next up is a Harrison... To be done by sometime in January...

Gloss coat on the banisters / handrails is drying, 3 of 4 2nd floor window frames are in various stages of construction and if I don't break up too many fights between the kids, I should have the 2nd floor landing about 90% complete by tomorrow evening.

In a lull since I finished the Lodge. Holidays are a demanding time for me! I need to clean up the craft room and prepare for the next build... which I am not sure what gets to go first. I suppose I oughtta finish the Orchid that I started last year. :D And instead of doing any of that, I scratch built a loft bed for my son!

I'm still working on windows, but I need opinions again. Everyone who has seen photos of the Tudor's bathroom knows it is mostly light colors. I'm trying to decide whether to paint the window frames white (like the other 2nd floor rooms) or give them a mahogany stain like I have in the kitchen and living room. It will either add a little contrast to the lighter colors, or become a distraction. I can't decide which would look better.

I'm working on the exterior of the Queen Anne Rowhouse. She's starting to look like a real painted lady! Here's a pic of the latest, more eye candy on my blog.

I'm planning to add more edge trim pieces to that big green panel to turn it into three self-contained panels. Also I'll probably add similar, triangular panels on either side of the top window.

post-7-0-18581700-1355186153_thumb.jpg

Does the trim have to be either white or mahogany? What about a nice golden oak for a contrast, but in keeping with the light palette?

I do have a few lighter stains to pick from, but I noticed that darker stains "cover a multitude of sins" when the lumber isn't a perfect fit / condition. I also remembered this morning that the border tile has dark brown and tan highlights, so the darker stain wouldn't necessarily be too far out of place. I'll probably stain several wood strips differently and see which one looks better or post them in the gallery for comparison.

I finished the 2nd of 4 doors in the Tudor house yesterday and started construction of several fireplace mantles and hearths. Currently cutting out grout joints in the tiled panels that will be part of the mantles.

I have the next 4 days off, so I hope to get a lot done. The 2nd floor exterior is high on the list.

• Like 1

With life in general being somewhat crazy (changing assignment as in getting a new school district from the start of the New Year) I have fully enjoyed collecting bits and pieces and envelope of mini-things have arrived during last week and in today's mail the glass vase arrived that I wanted to use for the flowers in the lighthous's bedroom:

http://naominiblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/20121218-230947.jpg

Still need to tweak the form of it, nusthad to arrange the loose flowers somehow....

Hugs

With life in general being somewhat crazy (changing assignment as in getting a new school district from the start of the New Year) I have fully enjoyed collecting bits and pieces and envelope of mini-things have arrived during last week and in today's mail the glass vase arrived that I wanted to use for the flowers in the lighthous's bedroom:

http://naominiblog.f...1218-230947.jpg

Still need to tweak the form of it, nusthad to arrange the loose flowers somehow....

Hugs

Beautiful vase and flower arrangement! I love looking at everyone's things that they create.

It's been kind of feast or famine with my mini's lately, and tonight I broke the fast. Did some corrective work on my outhouse, re-painted the broken wagon wheel that leans against it, changed out the moss I'd put on it and added more to the roof. While that was drying I started making some little mini books. I used that E6000 glue you reccomended Holly - boy it stinks lol, but it's almost instantaneous with it's holding power. I used an old magazine and some scrap leather and now the book strip is drying as well. I'll leave it overnight and cut it into individual books in the morning.

I have begun working on my faux flooring for my HD Imagination house, which hasn't yet named itself. I have measured out the floor boards and begun scoring them, but I am taking this part slowly so I don't re-injure my hand. I plan to alternate scoring the floor with painting the window trim today.

I use E6000 to stick things together that no other adhesive will touch; I use good ol' Elmer's all-purpose white glue for mini books!

Trust me Holly after using this stuff I'll be going back to my Aleene's for things like this. I wanted to try it out to see how it would hold and I definately got more than I bargained for. Even now, three days later, the smell of this glue is pretty overpowering. I can't seem to air my living room out, and it's too cold to open a window. Drat!

Just posted pics of the Tudor's exterior in my gallery. Still not sure I like the Tudor framing in its current form, but I could always add timbers later. Guess I'll work on window frames for the next few days.

• Like 1