What's everyone working on?

I have pretty much finished the interior of the dress shop. The major thing it lacks are dresses!! When I started this project, I had a clear mental image, but of course that image included completed dresses. I have sewn for years, just not in 1:24 scale! Fortunately as I mess them up, I haven't wasted much material. Notice the degree of confidence here!!!

For years I sewed people clothes and doll clothes for the more standard sized dolls. I have a couple patterns for the 1:12 doll clothes but I haven't made any yet. I pull the patterns out now and then and look at them - Yup! still there! - but haven't quite got the nudge yet!

I've made some progress on my little Thanksgiving Dinner room box - 1:144 scale. This is turning out to be a lot of fun, working on it from scratch. I had a pattern to start with, for the basic measurements, but I've changed so much of it that I'm way off script now. The really nice thing about this size is that if I make a mistake (as I did on the base) it's easy to start over, and very little material is wasted! :)

post-4286-0-80846400-1353106694_thumb.jp

The floor tiles are laid, with matching baseboard ...

post-4286-0-09481800-1353106698_thumb.jp

The ceiling is in place, with the light installed. Now to connect the wires and HIDE them! :hidebhind: When I opened the lighting packages they looked so tiny and now they look so big!

Crappy last few days... We buried my MIL today. Yes, she led a good life of 89 years but sad nonetheless...

Sorry, Sue. My mother is 89 and is starting to fail. I just hang on to all the good days we still have ... no idea how many more there will be. We know they have to move on, that's the life cycle, but it's painful anyway. :console:

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about your MIL Sue, never easy to go through!

Asfor me and mini-ing, right now workmside of life is crazy with so much going on I really don't know if I am coming or going so sometimes I sort of hide in mini-ing dreams LOL. So a need for lots and lots of wine bottles will be needed,have had a look at the peg lite/brite (?) but they will be to small for this I thibk unfortunatly. Does anyone have a great (read cheap) way or place for wine bottles? Think like atleast a hundred needed for the wine cellar area....

Hugs

• Like 1

Sue, I'm so sorry for the loss of your MIL; we're on our way home from checking on my MIL; DH's baby brother passed away in September and she has begun giving away things; not a good sign.

Anna, in the case of a wine cellar I would hunt down a good scale picture of a suitable wine rack, reproduce it for however mini wine racks you want to put in your wine cellar, and go faux!

• Like 1

Anna, in the case of a wine cellar I would hunt down a good scale picture of a suitable wine rack, reproduce it for however mini wine racks you want to put in your wine cellar, and go faux!

If photos won't do the trick, can you get away with just the tops or bottoms of bottles lying horizontally in racks if the viewer sees them end-on?

Working on helping my granddaughter make her Ponderosa (thanks, Greg).

Crappy last few days... We buried my MIL today. Yes, she led a good life of 89 years but sad nonetheless...

You are welcome, Sue and I also offer my condolences.

• Like 1

My condolences, Sue. My mom is only 60, but her health isn't that great, so I keep in touch with her as much as I can.

I'm putting in the last of the landing wall paneling parts and hope to have most of the lighting installed before the end of the weekend.

I don't observe any of the holidays, but for the first time I scheduled a few days off leading up to one next week. I have the entire week off to work on the Tudor house. I'm not sure how much I will get done with the kids around, but I hope to have at least the wrought iron balusters built and installed before I return to work.

• Like 1

Well, I came up with a solution for my roof gap. I was able to undo some of my gluing, and re-adjust it a bit. Then I used a dowel to cover the gaps on the inside, and then glopped on the spackle. It would have been better to use a smaller dowel, but that's all I had, and I sure didn't need another reason to stop. One side looks a little wonky, but it'll have to do.

So I finished spackling the attic, and painted it. I will have to touch up paint tomorrow when I have some sunlight. I also painted the wood "beams" in the attic. Tomorrow I can glue down the floor and the remaining trim, and the attic is done!

I am so ready to get this house done... Ugh!

• Like 1

Almost finished with the micro room box, just needs some trim in the front. I am happy to report that the light works! After all the fiddling and messing around with it I was afraid I'd end up breaking it.

post-4286-0-69289500-1353263474_thumb.jp

The base and back gave me fits - this is the first time I've worked with these little LEDs and it was tricky to hide all the wires and the battery. That battery is only a 3v, and about the size of a quarter, maybe smaller, but in this scale that was huge. And the case was thicker than I allowed for so I had to add another layer to the platform - cut another backing piece - brace here - glue there ...

But since this is the FIRST micro I've made without using a kit, and the FIRST time I've used these little LED lights - it wasn't too bad. And I took pictures every step of the way so I can make my own refresher-tutorial for next time. Yes, there will be a next time - this is too much fun!

post-4286-0-97196200-1353263449_thumb.jp

Started on the furniture last night :)

• Like 2

Way to go Tracy!

CJ, that is one super micro build! I have a kit to do one of these days, but the tiny scale sort of scares me LOL, so the et cand is a goooood thing!

Hugs

I may have a dress shop that has a sign on the front "Going out of Buisness"!! I tried cutting out my first dress. The bodice is smaller than my thumb nail. How the little pieces can be sewn or glued is beyond me.

Well, if you do go :bop: then you will be in good company. :lol:

I broke ground on a new project this weekend, too. I'm building an artist studio from the HBS contest kit, though I won't be entering their contest.

http://www.greenleaf...lery&album=6050

The plan is still to finish the Heritage first...but you know what happens when you take a new kit out of the box. :doh:

• Like 1