What's everyone working on?

Updated my blog with a few dark photos (blurry and not really great colours but....) like the look with the vase on the side table in the kitchen, needs some greenery though and/or some different shaped focal flowers and then I'll be real,happy.

Thank you Holly, hadn't you mentioned moving it downstairs to the ktiche it might have gone into the "one-day-box" to be forgotten until a raid...

Hugs

Back home from my weekend away. Got a lot done, I am pleased with my progress. I didn't want to do painting inside with others around, or play with messy spackle, and it was cold and very windy out today. So I have a bit left to do here at home, but everything is all measured and cut and ready for paint and glue. Almost done!! :)

After church this morning, Dh and I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon waiting for Hurricane Sandy to arrive here in SE Pennsylvania. I did eventually find some energy to clean and primer the interior of my new rehab project.....while hoping my office decides to close because of the storm so that I can spend an entire day working on it! ;)

Finished the rowhouse porch! I'm psyched with how it turned out, exactly how I imagined it. My favorite thing about half scale (well, besides the space-saving aspect) is getting creative with supplies that aren't actually meant to be used in half scale. More pics and some how-to here.

I also trimmed up the little bay window on the side of the house, using the trim I ripped off the porch last week when I realized the design needed to be centered.

post-7-0-45489800-1351395196_thumb.jpg post-7-0-04960500-1351395188_thumb.jpg post-7-0-98265800-1351395191_thumb.jpg

Have to admit, not like this....love this. I can only hope to be that good. You are a good tutor. :-)

Have to admit, not like this....love this. I can only hope to be that good. You are a good tutor. :-)

Aw, thank you! I'm excited to see how yours turns out, I'm sure it'll be great. :) I took out a couple of library books about Victorians that gave me a lot of inspiration -- and drove through San Francisco a few times. :lol:

This week I started on electricity. I did the sconces on the front of the house and added ceiling paper to the rooms that will have ceiling fixtures. I was hoping to get the ceiling fixtures in today, before I go out of town for a week, but ran out of time so it'll have to wait...

post-7-0-96803900-1351745991_thumb.jpg post-7-0-21121400-1351745995_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sadly I read the title of this topic ... What's everyone working on?

Sigh ... nothing - absolutely nothing !!!

It seems my life is taken over with everything else and my only mini time is in my mind.

I'm drying up, creatively speaking.

Please, God, stop this madness and left me mini for a while .....

I haven't been able to work on anything mini since Sunday. My wife has had the past three nights off, so we spent time together instead. I'm not complaining, but I have so much to do before CI 2013, every day counts.

Tonight as soon as the kids go to bed I'll start working on the final wall in the Tudor's library.

I've been working on a special handmade gift for a friend....but it's secret (she is a member here). AND.....still working on my kinda sorta Woodstock. Its a 3200 shell that I'm doing some different things with.

I've been working on a special handmade gift for a friend....but it's secret (she is a member here). AND.....still working on my kinda sorta Woodstock. Its a 3200 shell that I'm doing some different things with.

Donna yu got me imagining all kinds of eye candy! :laughbounce: Can't wait to see pictures...

I have been decluttering my craft room, I really want to finish the victorias farmhouse and get started on my McKinley. I had to bless some others with my stashes, but I am much lighter now and am still decluttering. I am really hoping I can find someone interested in the A Frame house because it is on my craft table now and I have nowhere to put it so I can put the Victoria on the craft table. As oon as it goes I will be decluttering my dollhouse furniture.....

Kellee

I've been doing the same thing, (3 actually) but didn't plan to post about it until they're delivered.

Between work and the mini projects, I finished framing the last 2nd floor interior wall for the Tudor and will spend most of the night building a door and door frame for it.

Yesterday I had a playdate with MIL whilst the goosewas roasting in the oven ;) so this is one of the things I started

http://naominiblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/04/rose-trellis/

Now to get more details planned for the exterior of the loghthouse, this is fun!

Hugs

Love it! And the step-by-step photos are great.

Anna, your trellis is beautiful!!

I got the third floor wallpapered and the floor stained and in, the interior doors in place, crown moulding in the second floor room and finished the backs of two stair segments.(doesn't show in the photo) I am trying to figure out how to put skirting and ceiling mouldings in the hall areas without having it look all choppy. The other problem is that I can only get my hand in sideways!!! The area is so small. To get the steps in position I have to set in by lifting it by the newell post.

post-6081-0-46949400-1352112241_thumb.jp

Sadly I read the title of this topic ... What's everyone working on?

Sigh ... nothing - absolutely nothing !!!

It seems my life is taken over with everything else and my only mini time is in my mind.

I'm drying up, creatively speaking.

Please, God, stop this madness and left me mini for a while .....

I know how you feel, Selkie. My dollhouses all need therapy now - they feel so abandoned. :cry: RL is taking over my life, too. For my mini-fix I'm doing table-top projects, building furniture from my HOM kits. I finished one entry-way table, and have now started on a large, 3-leaf, dining table. Crazy thing has 15 legs!! I have a little wheeled table, similar to the hospital style, that I can wheel in front of my chair while we watch TV at night. It's a good time to slow down and relax; I have a small lamp on it and a small mini-project. I just wheel it to the corner when I'm done for the evening.