What's everyone working on?

I'm no techie, if this is the holly you're asking. Apparently the report system is back up, but not the PM system; and I have no idea about the email; I only get notifications about friends and PMs (and obviously nothing about PMs), and nothing lately.

@ Judith - There are a few topics I'd like to receive notice of and have clicked on the Follow this topic button at the top of the page, but I only get notice from one of them. Seems to be hit or miss.

Armed with long narrow tweezers, glue syringe and my craft magnifying lamp, I put together some garment boxes for the dress shoppe. Put together 2 Petite Properties kits, cut plastic for the basement windows and wallpapered first floor of the house. I'm not sure my craft lamp will help with the 1:24 dresses!

Holly, the room won't be closed off. What I meant was that the room only has two of the 3 main walls installed. The far left exterior wall is the 3rd wall of the bathroom, with the back open like all of the other rooms. It will be more difficult to work on little details in the space after the wall is installed. That is why I haven't installed it yet. I like to have as much access to the rooms as possible until they're complete.

Yes HH you are indeed the Holly I was talking to. There may be other "Holly's", but you're my Holly (you have officially been adopted) Thanks Kathie, I'll try that, it's the weirdest thing it used to be every day, and now...nada.

So, with life being crazh busy, huge re-organization going on at work, might get a new job in an another town, we'll see about that we need to set the little details just yet, but atleast there are some little progress donw in the lighthouse now...

http://naominiblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/20121010-220041.jpg

Hugs

Hard to picture Baba Yaga and her flying mortar and pestle forsaking Izbushka (her chicken-legged hut) in the dark and fearsome Russian forest for the wild rocky shores of the north Atlantic. She just doesn't strike me as a flowers and lace sort of lady.

Now, a Miss Marple lady ... yes, I can see her living there and solving Scandinavian mysteries while enjoying the lovely English cottage decor in her historic lighthouse.

(And no, I haven't been drinking .. :lol: )

• Like 1

I'm taking a mini break from mini-ing while my bathroom reno is STILL going on! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so hopefully I'll be able to get some more done on my HBS contest house. It's in dry fit right now with some mock-ups inside for furniture placement/layout ideas. SInce it's fairly small I think I'm going to try for some electricity this time around. In the meantime, I made some felt Christmas ornaments from a kit I've had for about 10 years!

Hard to picture Baba Yaga and her flying mortar and pestle forsaking Izbushka (her chicken-legged hut) in the dark and fearsome Russian forest for the wild rocky shores of the north Atlantic. She just doesn't strike me as a flowers and lace sort of lady....

I was imagining myself, there; if I were Baba Yaga I would far prefer Anna's lighthouse on the seacoast of a lovely land like Sweden to a modern-day collective-turned commercial enterprise in the remains of my forest.

Everybody sounds so busy, building such beautiful things! All my dh projects are on the workbench, collecting not-so-minature spiders! :eekout:

I've been working on some little stuff, that will fit on my rolling table by my chair. Have to do something! My HOM Queen Anne table is coming along pretty well - I keep buffing it with steel wool and adding another coat of stain. It's starting to get a nice luster.

post-4286-0-15544800-1350078103_thumb.jp

While the paint dries on that I started a 1:144 kit I still have on hand - the Pumpkin Hollow. Keeps me busy in the evenings, lets the day's stress fall away!

post-4286-0-30373600-1350078056_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Everybody sounds so busy, building such beautiful things! All my dh projects are on the workbench, collecting not-so-minature spiders! :eekout:

I've been working on some little stuff, that will fit on my rolling table by my chair. Have to do something! My HOM Queen Anne table is coming along pretty well - I keep buffing it with steel wool and adding another coat of stain. It's starting to get a nice luster.

post-4286-0-15544800-1350078103_thumb.jp

While the paint dries on that I started a 1:144 kit I still have on hand - the Pumpkin Hollow. Keeps me busy in the evenings, lets the day's stress fall away!

post-4286-0-30373600-1350078056_thumb.jp

The Queen Anne table looks great! And the pumpkin is soooo cute!

I have been making decorative framing for walls in the 2nd floor landing. It's identical to the foyer's framing.

As much as I would like to have a finished 2nd floor in time for Chicago International, I think it would probably be better to have the roof completed first. At least the house will have a finished look on the exterior by April. Even if I didn't repair the Victorian, the Tudor still wouldn't be finished in time as I had estimated. Too many family issues and work have slowed down construction.

Finally working on the Creatin Contest kit. Had a few ideas at first, but nothing that really seemed right for it... Not so now, and I am having fun -- even while having to stop due to pain. Stinks being 30 and feeling so much more worn out than that! :/

*Side note, my father whom was so anti anything mini has now taken to the HO scale like nobody's business. When he came into my workshop and started pawing through wood that is part of a kit I'm making for scrap so he can bash his... Well, couldn't do anything but laugh at how much his outlook has turned! :)

Still fiddling with the layout for the rooms in the lighthouse and it is slowly coming together, still have lits of details to work on but progress atleast. What is holding me up in here apart from, painting trim and installing those (need better light to do that) is how the curtain should look in here.

http://naominiblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/20121015-222226.jpg

Hugs

I finished my little Pumpkin Hollow (1:144 scale) and love my little train people to add to the scene. I'll post more pix in my gallery. The mailman is being chased up the walkway by the owner's dog. :dog:

post-4286-0-97351200-1350344329_thumb.jp

Cleaned my work area. Tired of working around it rather than really being able to use the space, so I finally deconstructed my old desk and kicked it out and reclaimed the futon. Now there are corners where the dh can be shoved when I'm not working on it, and space to breath when I need this room to just allow some peaceful time to myself. Much better! New challenge is keeping it this way. If only so much of our other stuff wasn't stored here for lack of anywhere else!

I got off of work early today and started building the Chantilly! yay! I have been so busy I haven't had time to open the box until today! I need to glue on all of the roof panels but that will have to wait until tomorrow....I stained all of the attic spaces and the window mullions. Kinda sorta forming an idea of how to do the paperclay exterior but not quite sure yet. It will speak to me i'm sure! I'll take photos tomorrow. I also stained all of the interior trim/stair etc pieces! I feel like this project is already moving along. I have to say that i'm really impressed with this kit as a laser cut kit. It went together so quickly (no prep or sanding) and I didn't cut down any tabs and everything fits well. I remember having to do adjustments and tab trimming with my first Chantilly. I seriously love this house anyway, but the laser cut really has been an easier build! So glad I'm building this house again!