What's everyone working on?

Yep, he is in such pain and I really feel for him. The staff at the hospital were so wonderful, I think the nurses really felt bad since all prep was done and they were about to wheel him into the ops room when the surgeon said he wanted to wait one more day since the blood thinner was still too high in his system even though he had followed the heart dr's instructions on when to stop. The surgeon says there is more possible bleeding in spinal surgery and he doesn't want to risk it. As it is he will be in ICU for at least 2 days. I hope it goes well. I feel sort of drained and depresses and the surgery isn't even done. Not sure how the Recovery will be but there may be home help available for a couple of weeks. I will certainly need it.

Spinal surgery is routine, but the first few days will be pretty rough. Being knocked out in the ICU will likely spare him from the worst of it.

I'm still working on flooring. I installed the Tudor's front exterior wall weeks ago and now its making it difficult to access the library's entry way.

I also checked the vendor list for CI 2013. It's been updated and I'm on it! Now I'm counting down the days to April 19th.

• Like 1

It went good. Two screws and he was kept pretty heavily sedated. They have him in the ICU and watching him closely. He has eaten and still kind of groggy when I checked a bit ago. I am pooped and heading to bed. Thanks for your good wished and prayers everyone. I am sure they helped.

• Like 2

Well, not much activity on the dollhouse front. my most recent thing was to work on cutting bricks and some stones from egg cartons. I'm going to sit in front of the tv right now and work on some more.

went on a mini shopping spree the past couple of days. I bought some 1/2 scale wallpaper so i can start building the fairfield and some misc building supplies for 3 different houses...lol. (the Foxhall, Queen Anne and some paperclay for the Chantilly).

I'm really in the mini mood!

• Like 1

It went good. Two screws and he was kept pretty heavily sedated. They have him in the ICU and watching him closely. He has eaten and still kind of groggy when I checked a bit ago. I am pooped and heading to bed. Thanks for your good wished and prayers everyone. I am sure they helped.

Glad it went well. Did he get a spinal fusion?

So happy to hear it went well!

I apologies for interjecting this in this particular thread but it just sort of happened.

Wish they would Holly. Thanks again for everyone's good wishes.

Talked briefly with him this morning and he is feeling much better. He had seen the Dr and apparently once they got in there it was a lot worse compression then they thought. They did some fusion and general clean out and he will be in the ICU longer then we thought. Still don't know what we will do after that. Whether he will go to a rehab unit or we will get home help care. There is no way I can do any real lifting or the other assisted moving he will need for the next few weeks I am not sure how he will deal with going to a rehab unit because he remembers what his dad went into at the end and he hates anything that smacks of a "nursing" home. I know I dread it as well but the rehab stuff may encourage him and there hopefully will be people who know what they are doing and he will make good steady progress. the hospital and nurses have been just wonderful.

.His brace could be the top half of an armor and DD2 suggested I do a decoration on it. Hmmm Maybe a replicate of an Elven Armor breast plate? Naw, he isn't skinny enough, maybe the dwarf version from the Hobbit would be more appropriate!!!!

I did work on sanding the first coat of paint on the stairs so I got a miniscule amount of miniing in!

Beverly, take along a pillow & afghans and ask the charge nurse about a recliner (take along one of those folding chairs with a footrrest, just in case) and camp out! When DH's baby brother was in the ICU after his heart attack the hospital in St Pete gave his wife a recliner in his room. There's a world of difference between a rehab facility and a nursing home!

What about the Gondor armor? I love the idea of decorating his device!

So I have had a really bad attitude lately towards my project, and been dragging my feet on it. I have to build a new porch roof, and with the bay windows and the connectors for the walls, that made for some wacky cuts and shapes. I finally made myself work on it a few weeks ago. Made a paper template and everything, but when I cut it from wood, it wasn't even close. So I got aggravated and stopped again. I just went over there, looked at it again, made one little bitty cut, and voila! It fits! Yay! Amazing how stepping back for a while can help. Maybe now tomorrow I can finish that porch. Then just little things are needed, window plastic and trim, porch roof shingles, front door... I'm ready to get this house done and out. Then I have to start this Harrison rehab, to be done by Christmas... :(

• Like 1

I don't have my Chantilly just yet but i'm going to work on the flooring today...cutting off ends of popsicle sticks to get them ready for stain. :)

I have all of my supplies ready: glue, masking tape, paperclay, stain. I can't wait to get started on this house!

We're leaving for New Orleans in less than two weeks. Time to pack up mini supplies and tools. Some are duplicated in NOLA, but some need to travel. I for sure want to take the LED light strips; Marie Laveau's cottage needs a rewiring job, as the spot lights are not to my liking (and often refuse to light at all). Not one lick of work was done on the Pierce/Bohemian inn this summer. :(

I didn't get any work done on the house this weekend. My hay fever is more like a moderate flu that lasts 4 - 5 months if I don't get it under control. I do hope to get the flooring done before Friday.

Kathie,

We're driving through N.O. in December. We tried to stop in the French District for lunch in 2010, but couldn't find anywhere to park, so we drove right through. We're going to try some Google mapping to find a place to park before we set out this time around.

Kathie,

We're driving through N.O. in December. We tried to stop in the French District for lunch in 2010, but couldn't find anywhere to park, so we drove right through. We're going to try some Google mapping to find a place to park before we set out this time around.

Jeremy, don't even think about passing through without stopping for lunch and a little walk-around sightseeing in the French Quarter. You and your family are welcome to spend the night with us if your schedule allows. If not, we'd love to meet you for lunch.

If you can spend the night, you can park at our place on the West Bank and we can ride the ferry to the French Quarter. The kids will love the ferry; as a matter of fact, I think any day with a ferry ride in it is a good one. :thumb:

My email is in my profile. Let us hear from you!

Jeremy, don't even think about passing through without stopping for lunch and a little walk-around sightseeing in the French Quarter. You and your family are welcome to spend the night with us if your schedule allows. If not, we'd love to meet you for lunch.

If you can spend the night, you can park at our place on the West Bank and we can ride the ferry to the French Quarter. The kids will love the ferry; as a matter of fact, I think any day with a ferry ride in it is a good one. :thumb:

My email is in my profile. Let us hear from you!

I couldn't find your email, only your Yahoo IM, so I sent you a message that way (GL messages seem to be down again).

As much as I would like to break up a 950+ mile drive, I would hate to impose, especially the day after a holiday (we're driving over December 26). That and the thought of my kids destroying someone else's minis sends shivers down my spine. You do know they're all under 5 years old, right? :p

At the very least, we would love to meet up for lunch, if you don't mind getting together so close to a holiday. We don't celebrate it, but I know its important for most people.

Jeremy, going to Houston, hmmm? When I went last summer I went to a dollhouse store, whose name escapes me at the moment. She had some nice stuff, but like most stores, was going to kid-based stuff. Much of her stuff was on sale, so I don't know how much she'd still have, but she did have wood and trims and stuff. It would be worth at least calling, if I can remember the name...

Kathie, too bad we mainly go to Houston during the spring/summer, I would definitely take you up on a visit! Maybe we can do something different one year...

Tracy,

The last time we were in Houston (2010) we drove all over looking for the dollhouse shops listed on Google, but only found empty strip malls. The only one I have been able to confirm via Google street view is Dollhouses Unlimited. It is a house on a residential street in NW Houston. If it wasn't for the sign in their front yard I would have dismissed it as yet another of many misplaced location markers on Google Maps.

If anyone knows of any other shops, please do send me the addresses. We'll be there from Thursday to New year's day.