What's everyone working on?

Tracy, if you don't make it to Chicago, I'm planning a couple of stops near Atlanta on the way to the show. On April 16th I plan to stop over at Miniature Designs around opening time, get lunch at Pappadeaux in Norcross and maybe stop by Houseworks (if they don't mind visitors).

Sounds like a good plan! If I don't go to Chicago, I'll definitely try to take off work to meet up with you.

Houseworks/HBS has a reception area and a sign-in sheet for visitors. It probably wouldn't hurt to call a couple days before and talk to Nancy or someone and make sure it's all good, but I'm sure they'd love a visit.

Sounds like a good plan! If I don't go to Chicago, I'll definitely try to take off work to meet up with you.

Houseworks/HBS has a reception area and a sign-in sheet for visitors. It probably wouldn't hurt to call a couple days before and talk to Nancy or someone and make sure it's all good, but I'm sure they'd love a visit.

I'll probably call Nancy tomorrow. They might want to see what 36,000 of their bricks on a single project looks like. :p

• Like 1

The Atlanta Mini Show is today. And I'm not there. :( The first one I've missed since I started 4 years ago. It always falls on my birthday weekend, so that's a good excuse to buy stuff. But, besides having no money at all, I had to drop Lawson off this afternoon for a trip. (and that's one reason I have no money...) Oh well. Next time.

I've been trying to get myself motivated again after my computer foul up. I've finished the bed, the washtub, and made and wired two lamps. I painted and distressed the outhouse two weeks ago and I'm only now getting around to adding moss and lichen to the outside today. Somebody give me a kick in the butt, I've got a TON of small projects I could be working on and just can't seem to get going on anything. What's wrong with me?

Over the past chaotic weeks one of the mini things I have been up to was shopping the internet and collecting of small pieces to finish out the Cordoba room box I completed down the first part of July. Today I spent some time arranging of several plates of grapes, pears, peaches and an almond cake and added them to the various tables around the setting. I am still searching for a hooka so if anyone knows of a source please let me know.

I have also selected several small projects I can work on around DHs needs and med appointments. He goes in for surgery on Wed this week so I can't get started on something large and involved. I did start doing some staining on one of the two replacement stairs for the Montclair. I absolutely hated the two I painted white so if someone else thinks they could use them I will let them go for a reasonable price.

Prayers for a good outcome for DH's surgery would be appreciated. Apparently it is much more complicated and serious then we were told. If he had not been in such pain I think he would have passed on it.

Wishing your DH a smooth surgery and recovery, Beverly!

I'm nearly finished with the last areas of parquetry in the library floor. I hope to have all of it in and the house ready for transport outside for several coats of clear by next weekend.

. I am still searching for a hooka so if anyone knows of a source please let me know.

I looked around while I was shoping but couldn't find one, however, JoMed made one for her Spring Fling out of jewelry findings (see here on table) http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=82657 Maybe she could show you how she did it.

Tomorrow is the day for DH'S surgery. Dr says it will take about four hours to complete the surgery. He will be in the hospital for a couple of days. Did get one coat of paint on the stairs and will do some sanding after I get back from the hospital tomorrow and maybe get another coat of paint on.

We are home. he has been rescheduled for tomorrow.

Sending up some more prayers for both of you. Rescheduling is the pits!

I've got my HBS contest house in dryfit. I stared at it for at least an hour today. I had my sketchbook open to the notes I made in the planning stage; I should just crumple them up as now that I "see" it I have a different idea :lol: Fortunately it's the same basic theme. Off to make my shopping lists.