What's everyone working on?

Beautiful quilt !! And the bed is beautiful too.... I made a rope bed for the Adobe house but I have been thinking of making a few more for the cabins.... I have plenty of scrap wood.... I also have a cross stitch quilt I have been working on forever it seems. But I have no clue where it will go... And I want to try to crochet and knit a cover for the beds I have just have to figure what house they are going in to get the colors worked out, of course cleaning and decluttering and organixpzing must come first..

Kellee

Still doing tile work in the Tudor's bathroom and waiting for plaster to dry in the tub. Tomorrow it will get a final sanding, the jacuzzi "jets" added and few coats of paint.

Hopefully I'll have a design figured out for the border tiles going in along the top of the wall tile runs.

Just got back from a forced 3 week absence courtesy of a rather nasty root kit virus. Had to send my pooter all the way to Atlanta to my son to get it straightened out. Glad to be back with my peeps here at GL. Just finished sorting through about 400 pieces of email and heaven only knows how much junk, importing all my contacts for Outlook and re-setting most of my computer preferences. At the moment I'm all pootered out, so I'm going to turn in and then get caught up on everything that's been happening here in the morning. Looks like you guys have been very busy and I'm anxious to see what everyone's been up to. See you in the morning.

~Wing~

Jeremy, your bathroom is looking grand! Emily, love your beds and quilt. Gorgeous.

I have been plodding away some more on the ____________. Started landscaping and I am nearly done with the inside. On good track for a early December finish.

Also made up a ton of stuff to put in my shop. Here is my favorite food attempt and you can check out the rest in my signature. :)

il_570xN.370114598_liof.jpg

Nothing very exciting, but got all parts (except floors) primed on both sides. Hoping to get the outside walls painted today. Waiting for some wallpaer to figure out interior decorating. Took dimensions to make chimney breast. Should be easier to do thanks to another post that mentioned a gluing jig. Got mine from Micro Mark this week.

Getting ready to put the finishing touches on the Tudor's tub. It has 4 built-in soap dishes in the rim and the jets go in tonight. Nearly all of the bathroom tiles are in and tomorrow I ride the scoot down to Ron's in Orlando. If everything goes well I'll have an executive desk with lamp, door hinges and knobs, columns for the tub and the rest of the crown molding needed to finish the house.

On a less than positive note, my 3 year old (with help from his sister) unlocked the door to my work room and demolished the Tudor's roof. I think the deck and floor is salvagable, but several months of roof framing and internal walls are now a pile of splinters.

I have a three-year-old grandson and his five-year-old sister, and I will put every house up in the attic crawl space if they ever come to visit. They aren't deliberately destructive, but they seem to have a need to tear things apart.

Got back from a mostly successful mini-shopping trip.

Picked up all the items I was looking for at Ron's. I had a 30 minute window to shop, but ended up leaving 90 minutes later. They always have so many products to choose from.

The 2nd stop was at Hobby Lobby in Ocala to pick up the crown molding I have been using on the 1st floor. They don't carry it any longer! I hate to buy too much of one thing or exceed my budget when buying supplies, but this is happening way too often. Just when I find a source for building materials, they either discontinue the line or disappear altogether. I'll attempt to make contact with the company (Mayberry Street), but I'm not enthusiastic that they will have the item available.

Jeremy, My Hobby Lobby clearanced that crown molding many months ago. :(

When I found out I went and bought all my store had, so I've got 3 packs/3 that you're welcome to if you want them. Hopefully it will be enough, or someone else will have more.

The Item# is 607564.

Tracy,

You're right! That is the item number! I haven't been able to find a website for the company, but noticed that Hobby Lobby still stocks Mayberry street, just not that item. If you don't mind parting with them, I only have one pack left and sure could use one or two more to keep the Tudor's crown moulding consistent throughout the rest of the house.

Tracy,

You're right! That is the item number! I haven't been able to find a website for the company, but noticed that Hobby Lobby still stocks Mayberry street, just not that item. If you don't mind parting with them, I only have one pack left and sure could use one or two more to keep the Tudor's crown moulding consistent throughout the rest of the house.

Jeremy, I put my email address in my profile. Send me your address and I'll try my best to get it in the mail tomorrow, if I can find something to put them in.

Thanks Tracy!

Threaded the wiring for a desk lamp through the desk today and will put in a floor outlet this evening.

I'm putting the final bathroom tiles in and I have to make a decision. If I leave the house in its current state, the tub will be perfectly aligned with the window behind it, but half of the tub will be obscured behind the chimney. Since the roof is nearly demolished thanks to my 3 year-old, I have the option of moving the exterior side wall out about 1.5 inches and move the tub with it. When I re-build the roof I'll just extend it out to match. The room will be a lot less claustophobic, but the tub and window will not align.

I'm thinking of posting photos of the two options like I did with the bedroom window placements and asking what everyone thinks. Maybe his destructiveness is a blessing in disguise.

I just posted pics of the two options. There is a gap where a couple of extra rows of tile will be needed, but the tub has been moved over a bit. The other photo is of the position it is in now. I am reluctant to move the window. It is possible, but it won't align with the other windows and gables if I move it now.

Don't mess with the window, but do go with Option #2. I really like being able to see the whole tub. Once you get some accessories, plants, etc., in the bath, the window won't loom so large. Nobody looking at this house is going to say, "But the tub isn't centered under the window." :D

• Like 1

I also like option 2. It is less clostrphobic. I also agree with Kathie's comments about accessories.

I took a break this afternoon and spent some time on eBay. It was a dangerous and expensive break. Used up nearly all my BD gift money and got a few nice pieces for three of my current mini project. Just need to find the time!!!

The idea was for the arches and columns to frame the window. I think an off-set window placement is better than a mostly obscured tub, so I'm making additional tiles and extending the floor today.

Judith,

I don't remember who made the desk (it isn't labeled and came in an unmarked box). I'll have to call Rich tomorrow and ask. I remember him saying that it was from an English company that had discontinued the product in the U.S., and it was only $32. The desks I really liked were between $70 and $100, but I need to keep my budget focused on the completion of the house. The desk was only bought so I could align the floor outlet in the library.

Wow J. Now you know...I'm your biggest fan so don't get mad at me, maybe it's me and I'm just not looking at it the right way to see how it's supposed to work, but I don't get it. I don't see how this is supposed to come together with either option. To me it seems liike the problem is the size of that column near the door. Are you using it to hide/run electricals or some other component? Because the size (depth) of it is out of proportion. From the side we see that it's 2 3/4 tiles wide which causes it to extend further into the room than it needs to for design purposes. If that was reduced to a depth of 1 tile we'd be able to see the full tub without messing with the window, and you'd be able to center it under the window. Another question is ...does it need to be there at all? Unless it's a continuation of a column from a lower floor (chimney chase?) I'd remove it altogether and reclaim the floor space.