What's everyone working on?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4411478967717&set=a.4183330384145.174783.1311050947&type=1&theater

This is the link to my facebook page album of the Moulin Rouge wedding cake I did this Saturday!

Now that this big project is over, it's back to finishing the Alexandria...aka The Purple Monster House!

Jackie, your cake is awesome! Love the elephant :)

Spring Fling is finally looking like it might get done; I'm trying to see what house to do next :hmm: I did order a contest kit from Ernie this year so maybe that will be next. Janet, I also opened the 1/2 victorian kit to look at the directions. I'm pretty sure my little scream of fear is still revolving around the planet somewhere :hide:

Jackie, your cake is awesome! Love the elephant :)

Spring Fling is finally looking like it might get done; I'm trying to see what house to do next :hmm: I did order a contest kit from Ernie this year so maybe that will be next. Janet, I also opened the 1/2 victorian kit to look at the directions. I'm pretty sure my little scream of fear is still revolving around the planet somewhere :hide:

Sarah, Your little scream of fear is colliding with my huge scream of fear!!! I am just about ready to order another 1:24 kit. Have to be building one.

Spring Fling finished and I'm happy with what I've done so I'm back to making dolls. The first one is..............wait for it.......................a sasquash. Someone asked for this and I decided to have a shot at it and wow is it difficult. Its 8 inches tall as opposed to 5 - 6 inches tall so you would think that would make it easier wouldn't you - but no I'm finding it quite hard to get the balance right and the clay baking times etc. I'm on version 2 at the moment and now hairying him up which is something I've never done before. Fingers crossed he will turn out something like a sasquash.

Janet, RGT has a new 1/2 scale adirondack cabin that is adorable..also a nice reasonable price. Oh dear, I seem to be enabling again :blush:

I want to do a 45 room hotel!!!l I actually ordered a 1:24 from Bromley Craft Products. Don't know how to put a link here but it's called the Bayview(with basement)

Ohhh Jackie...the elephant cake is my very favorite! LOL when you said 'edible minis', I thought for a minute you were making stuff YOU could eat! *Brainfart, ack*

Only a week and a half till my son and grandson arrive from Phoenix...and after they leave, I can get down to some serious mini work! Christmas is on it's way, and since I have the outside of Moggie Manor pretty much done, I need to think about holiday decorations! I've already put together a really nice christmas tree that just needs decorating. I can put it out on the balcony of MM since it's an East Side Town House.

I'm getting a craving to do a trailer/caravan, gypsy style. So I suppose I'll order one of those, soon. Or perhaps I can talk Zeb into giving it to me for a birthday gift? Heehee!

M

I have been decluttering, organizing and setting up my craft room, I am totally rearranging it again, I am hoping I can figure out a way to make it work easier for me. I know I have way too much stuff and don't want to get rid of it though. But I miss working on my houses and have several kits I want to get built. I have so many in progress, and I want to put the furniture in them... That will clear up a few totes.... That is my way of thinking.! Lol, hubby says it don't matter if it's in the house or not it is still taking up space but at least it won't be in 2 spots. :) that is the mini brain in work.

My "Minizer" arrived today and in between laundry loads I will be perusing and deciding how to start getting a handle on the "reorganization and inventory". It looks kike a pretty nifty little tool. Probably will start with the books, and then the magazines. Not to anxious to start on the kits and stuff but it has to be done!!!!!

I cut all of the individual tiles for the Tudor's bathroom last night, finished framing the bathtub platform, wired and paneled the last interior wall in the 2nd floor and painted the bedroom and bathroom walls. The bedroom has 5 working wall outlets, so besides the ceiling light, lighting options are almost limitless. Bathroom tiling is moving at a slow pace, but is progressing.

I'm planning a quick motorcycle trip to Ron's next week if the monsoons let up for at least one day. I also got a request from someone who wants to watch me work on the house. It made me realize just how tedious the work is. The rumor (which I still haven't been able to confirm) is that students at the University of Florida's theater production program have been watching the Tudor's progress online (here on the GL forum maybe?). Not sure what that's about, but if they aren't watching my house, then there's another woodframed dh maker here in Gainesville. :p

My "Minizer" arrived today and in between laundry loads I will be perusing and deciding how to start getting a handle on the "reorganization and inventory". It looks kike a pretty nifty little tool. Probably will start with the books, and then the magazines. Not to anxious to start on the kits and stuff but it has to be done!!!!!

What is a Minizer and what does it do?

@ Jo- I saw the pic of your sasquatch and he is AWESOME!!! Our family has a "thing"/family joke for Big Foot -and now my daughter lives in the Pacific Northwest which is prime sasquatch country! LOL They were camping the other week and had a "large, growling visitor" during the nite and she swore it was either a bear or a 'squatch!

• Like 1

@ Jo- I saw the pic of your sasquatch and he is AWESOME!!! Our family has a "thing"/family joke for Big Foot -and now my daughter lives in the Pacific Northwest which is prime sasquatch country! LOL They were camping the other week and had a "large, growling visitor" during the nite and she swore it was either a bear or a 'squatch!

Thanks Jackie, glad you like him. Do you believe these things really exist ?

Counting down the minutes until my kids go to sleep. :p

The Tudor's tub should get its first coat of epoxy and most of the bathroom tiles will be installed tonight. Lots of other little, tedious work is on the list, but too boring to mention.

I'm slowly but surely working on 3 tables to divide among my two houses. It depends on how sturdy they are finished. One is a kitchen table, a sagey green that I'm going to trim in white and paint a design on top. Then two side tables that I'm going to trim in matching paper to look like the table has a trim around the top, both round and 3 legged.

And I got a bunch of furniture from Dollar Tree that I'm going to bash and paint and who knows what else. I started one tonight, expecting to have to paint it and do tons of work, but once I sanded it good I liked it as is, nicely shabby and worn now.

So in short I'm doing everything I can without having to be in my craft room while it's being cleaned and redone. I can't wait to get in there and tackle my Beacon Hill renovation!

Projects take me forever because I can only work after my kids bedtime, before my husband bedtime (so we get to actually see each other) and on weekends. These two houses are gonna take me forever!

Last weekend I scratch built a bed and trundle bed for my Little House cabin. I adapted 1:12 plans from this pamphlet to 1:24.

post-7-0-23464300-1345790317_thumb.jpg post-7-0-26364000-1345790173_thumb.jpg

The mattress is temporary (I'll probably use that piece of foam since it's just the right size, but will cover it). I'm cross stitching a "patchwork" quilt to go on top. Will probably also do a cross stitched quilt for the trundle bed, but I might have to get creative with how to dress the bed since there's not really enough space to add a mattress and pillows.

post-7-0-36381400-1345790183_thumb.jpg

This weekend I'm hoping to build some more furniture for the cabin (I have several Cassidy Creations kits queued up). I have a bunch of accessories ready for it, too.

• Like 1

Alicia, my first furniture piece I made from scratch was this kitchen table (the working drawer doesn't show) from Design and make your own Dollhouse Furniture by Headley Holgate and Pamela Ruddock. I forget which book I used for the kitchen chair!

Emily, you could cover a "matress" for the trundle made of card or scrapwood (I'd prime it first). I love the quilt!