What's everyone working on?

I am currently doing 2 projects at the same time. A bit confusing, but good to have something else to work on while glue or paint dries. They are both for our miniatures club. The first is an Alesso porch kit. I have it 3/4 done, and just need to finish and landscape it, plus the suprise theme. Some members are on here, so I won't say anything so it can be a suprise!

I also have to build a house for the big demo I'm doing at our next meeting. I'm going to show how to do the thatch roof like on my Astor. I don't have time to buy and build another Astor, so I'm subbing it with a Buttercup, possibly bashed a bit to lend itself to thatching. I've barely started, so I really need to get moving on it!

Janet, We need to see pics of the two together soon...pretty please?

I have done a grand total of NOTHING for about a week :mad: My son decided to share a nasty cold with me which had me in bed for several days; now I'm playing catch-up with household chores. Hoping to get back at the Spring Fling tomorrow, but I'm itching to crack a new kit! Should it be the half-scale victorian or the bungalow? I can't decide :hmm:

I have done a grand total of NOTHING for about a week :mad: My son decided to share a nasty cold with me which had me in bed for several days; now I'm playing catch-up with household chores. Hoping to get back at the Spring Fling tomorrow, but I'm itching to crack a new kit! Should it be the half-scale victorian or the bungalow? I can't decide :hmm:

I am debating between Cheryl's House and 1/2 scale Victorian!

Janet! How can you report this and not include at least one photo? It must be awesome!

Sorry, soon!!! It's awsomely large!!!

Bungalow!!!

Consider it a warm up for the Victorian.

That's one pretty house, Janet.

I drew a concept sketch of the Tudor's bathroom during my lunch break today, but I'm not sure if I should post it. If I can't make the room match the drawing, I'll have egg all over my face.

If I can't make the room match the drawing, I'll have egg all over my face.

Naw, you'll just join the ranks of those of us who gave something a shot but came up short. Happens all the time. :lol:

Thanks Brae, Kathyrn and Jeremy! I still have lots that I want to do. First on the list is to decorate the 4th wall on the basement. It is painted since I think originally I hadn't considered doing a 4th wall. Then window treatments, then decorating the outside of the basement area.

I have been all over the place, project wise.

Several hundred styrene tiles have been cut out, trim has been added to the 2nd floor landing South wall, which is about to get a coat of paint, several boards have been sanded and prepped for various trim, all of the 2nd floor bedroom fireplace tiles have been carved and painted and I'm starting to frame a platform for the bathtub. Before I call it a night I will have the South exterior wall installed permanently to the main house and at least some of the bath tiles installed.

I'm way behind on my mini-work. I've been pretty ill, with multiple health issues. It's been a very rough year, so everything has been put on hold, including Moggie Manor, until I am able to play catch-up. Right now I'm recuperating from surgery on my legs, and have fallen so far behind in everything including mini-crafting :(

In the meantime, I've been doing a bit of lurking whenever I am able to sit at the pc...WOW, you are all doing a fantastic job on your projects.

Here's hoping I can get back into the swing of things in September. I love you all!

Merri

Welcome back, Jeanne!

I spent the previous evening planning every detail of the Tudor's remaining construction and found that even if I work frantically for the next 8 months, I might not have it ready for the Chicago International show. Fortunately, I was able to get 3 days of work done this evening, so there is still hope that I'm wrong and I'll have it ready.

This evening I was able to cut out the first parts of the bedroom's fireplace mantle, installed the final chimney cover panel in the bedroom, plastered all of the seams, cut and sanded two dozen additional bath tiles and sand down joint compound used to add a curve to the edge tiles that transition from floor to wall tiles. I posted a photo of the incomplete bathroom in my gallery.

Sorry to hear of your health issues, Merri - I have had a rough year and a half, so I can totally understand! Take care and hope you are feeling better and back to minis soon!

I am currently working on EDIBLE minis! LOL I have a Moulin Rouge themed wedding cake coming up and have been working on a windmill, Eiffel Tower, and an elephant for cake toppers! It's proving to be quite a challenge, but should be really cool when it's done - I will have to make sure and post pics.

Dang....can't get the picture to post. :/

Haven't done a whole lot. Put the french horn on the chair in the music room! Trying different things for the window treatments. I opened up the 1/2 scale Victorian kit and took out the directions. Think I'm going to have some new challenges with this one.

Items I ordered to finish up the Morrocan room box are coming in bit by bit. Just a couple still due in and it will be done. So far the brass pieces, some pears, and two fern plants are in. Still waiting for some grapes and an almond cake.

Built the arched beam that will frame the Tudor's bathtub, cut additional tiles for the floor, started building two fireplace mantles and getting ready to build the tub, which will be another first. Hopefully I'll have some new eye candy to post next week.