What's everyone working on?

Hi Holly,

Could not get it to load here, so added it to my flicker album under the Roombox group. It looks like a very curious shaped coffeepot. If you click on the link below it will be the very first piece un the upper left hand corner.

Hmmm, can't seem to find anything. My office is such a mess and all my supplies are jumbled in boxes. :mad:

Need to spend the next few days organizing my space so I can work on my minis. Grrrrr, housework and cleaning up are not my forte!

I just want to be creative!

Did a little more shopping, mostly for supplies. I finally got myself an easy cutter! After the "angle" fiasco I suffered through with the canopy bed I decided it was time to make life easy. No more struggling with that little miter box and saw, they were both giving my poor hands fits! Picked up some electrical stuff for making lamps and went a bit over budget to get a chair that I've been searching for ever since I decided to do the house. Had almost given up on finding it. I saw one like it months ago and of course back then I didn't need it so I passed it up. Here's the inspiration photo and the one I got this morning, you can just see the chair in question in the right hand corner:

Judith, HoM makes a corner chair kit, you'd need to invest in some 1/4" & 1/8" basswood to duplicate part of the back and make it shorter to match Branwell's chairs, though. I love the one you got.

Judith, HoM makes a corner chair kit, you'd need to invest in some 1/4" & 1/8" basswood to duplicate part of the back and make it shorter to match Branwell's chairs, though. I love the one you got.

The one in the other corner isn't a match for it's roommate, but I need to try and find one more. I can't remember if the chair I saw before was a kit, but it might have been. I need to look through the HoM catalog and see if I can find it.

Judith, I love that chair and your bed is spot on!

Moving more real-life furniture today, as well as some much needed organizing of my mini-supplies! Who knew I had so much stuff?

Thanks Sarah! That little bed worked my nerves for a while. Trying to turn those finials into bedposts was a huge trial and error carving job. Good thing they came 10 in a package cause I screwed up 3 of them before I got it right :D

B)post-47-0-62955100-1343055904_thumb.jpg

Hello All,

Well I have not been doing to much with the little people, but I have made some real accomplishments!

I have posted more La Malcontenta (RGT Thornhill) interior details—finally “finished”, almost! (Dollhouses are never totally finished!). Read the current post, or to see all the posts on La Malcontenta, click on the “La Malcontenta” image in the sidebar. Please enjoy my blog at http://irismarchcreations.blogspot.com

I also put the “almost” finished La Malcontenta interior on YouTube You can see the video on my latest post at http://irismarchcreations.blogspot.com or go to YouTube and put irismarchcreations in the search box. I hope you enjoy it. It is nice to see a flow through of all the rooms.

post-47-0-17017000-1343056065_thumb.jpg

B)

Working on landscaping the spring fling but not having a good time. I bought several flower kits which looked magnificent but I'm all fingers and thumbs and if it wasn't for the fact that I paid quite highly for these I'd push them to the back of a drawer right now. I wonder how many of you ahve complicated flower kits at the back of a drawer somewhere??????

...I wonder how many of you ahve complicated flower kits at the back of a drawer somewhere??????
I can't afford to BUY kits, but when I set out to make flowers and plants I have to clear the decks, both physically and mentally and work on nothing else until they're done. My worst was probably the three sheets of caladium leaves I printed off; cutting them out was tedious. after gluing on the wires I got to glue them onto handpainted paper and cut them again for the backs, then lay them all out on an old mouse pad and go over all the veins with a stylus and then cut them all out again! but oh! worth it when I got them alll stuffed into the pottery jar with the dark drip glaze! Eventually they'll live at or near Mildred's front door.

Last week I got the quilt shop contents from my niece. Thought I'd list them on Etsy, but then remembered I have a large, completed room box given to me by a cousin who made it in a class in Seattle (or nearby) with a miniaturist who is no longer active (died?) but whose name has been carried on -- it is a name that completely escapes me! Must clear a space and dig it out. Will post photos when I get organized. (That's a warning not to hold your breath while waiting.) :)

I wonder how many of you ahve complicated flower kits at the back of a drawer somewhere??????

I purchased quite a few of Pascale Garnier's kits as I had heard such wonderful things about her flowers. When the kits arrived just looking at all those tiny pieces was too much. The kits have been put away until I actually need them - then we'll take another look.

Valerie

Started on the Quilt Room Box. Thought it would be a simple thing to transfer the quilt shop things into the new setting. But life is not that easy, don't we know! Today's efforts took two blog entries. See the first one here, and then click on Newer Post at the end to get to the next one.

This is the front of the box. I'm hoping someone will recognize it and tell me whose workshop produced it!

Holly pegged it: it was made in a Brooke Tucker class many years ago. I've had it since 2007, and it sat in my cousin's basement for several years prior to that!

Edited by KathieB

It looks very Brooke Tucker-ish to me...

That's it! Brooke Tucker, now run by Judy Kincaid.

Now, why couldn't I remember her name? Actually, don't answer that; I'd prefer to be in denial. :lol:

At any rate, I've updated the blog entries to give credit. Thanks!

I found the thread I started when I first got the roombox -- in July 2007. Only took five years to get inspired, but wouldn't want to rush into anything. The thread has good information about Brook Tucker. See it here. And I think I'll bump it up & use it to report progress.

Since you & I are the same age I expect you also enjoy the various manifestations of CRS...

I told you I didn't want to know! :rofl: Or at least I think I did. :hmm:

It is so hot and humid again that I have not wanted to do any major work on minis. I have been sorting through a bunch of furniture and looking to see what I have. There is a bunch of unfinished Bespaq that I got at bargin prices years ago that need to be stained and some reuphostry to go in both the Montclair and Lawbre. I finished up the furniture for the MTC a couple of months ago but still have to dress the bed. I also did some shopping this past couple of weeks and the pieces have been arriving. The table and 4 chairs are gorgeous and will require no work at all. I would like to add a couple ofMaster and Mistress chairs but will need to finish the decorating before I decide. The buffet I ordered turned out to be darker then I expected so it will go into the stash for one of the other project. It is intended for the Lawbre.

I finished unpacking from my shopping spree while down on Long Island. I snagged two soccer ball display cased that I like for my quarter scale projects. I now have enough to hold all of the quarter scale work and I probably start one shortly.

I also need to take some new pictures but I will have to set up the "mini" studio and I am not energetic enough tho move everything out of the way. Sigh so much to do and no real energy to do it.

Wow Beverly- sounds like you've got all kinds of stuff going on! I really love the idea of using the soccer ball display cases for your mini projects!

Me? Yeah- I am STILL working on the Alexandria. :wacko: The Hofco House is finished and out the door, so it was back to the Alexandria! I AM making progress.... oh, and I actually got a phone call from the client! Imagine that! Haven't heard from her (or received a payment) since January! I am aiming to be finished by the end of September. Sure hope she has the money to pay me by then. :grrr: