What's everyone working on?

I have pretty much completed the Moroccan room box from the Ron Hubble class I took the week before last. There are a few plants and accessories like plates with fruit and some of the pitchers typical of the culture I need to find and add. Take a look, I think you will see why I wanted to do this in spite of all my other unfinished projects. At least this one will be done http://www.flickr.co...tos/starfire31/

Absolutely stunning!!!

Why is it, that every time I have some time to work on my miniatures I "quickly" look at Greenleaf for a few moments, and next thing I know it is time for bed!

I am easily distracted from doing any work by looking at other people's wonderful creations, and reading all the questions, answers and just checking in on other miniaturists.

(Maybe undercoating and priming wood are not on top of my creative list!)

My MIL is visiting tonight. She doesn't understand my minis, and is always saying things about selling them. Tonight she spent at least 5 minutes looking at them with me, and was saying nice things, and just LOVED the lights in the Beacon Hill! :) Yay!

A breakthrough! :clap:

Trying to find my desk at work. I was off for 3 days last week and the thing has gotten buried...

:hmm: Wonder why that happens huh?!?

Hopefully you'll find it soon...

Hugs

• Like 1

:hmm: Wonder why that happens huh?!?

Hopefully you'll find it soon...

Hugs

Dunno. Always have to work like a dog the week before I take any time off, come back and I'm at least 3 weeks behind.... LOL! Just the way it goes. I've now found a third of my desk under the mounds of paperwork and files....

• Like 1

Still working on library inlay. This room is taking a long time, but it is the last wood floor to go in. I'm holding off from posting pics until its done, so another week or two before the gallery gets an update.

Well I’ve been kicking myself all night :cry: . I feel like the biggest dumb butt on the planet. Over the last week I’ve been receiving packages from eBay. Normally I open everything at my craft table, add it to my inventory list, and put it away. But lazy me I opened several items at my computer and set the empty packaging next to the wastepaper basket to throw out later. Well, you guessed it, I picked up the basket and the “empty” packaging and threw it away – and threw out one of my purchases :doh:. The canopy bed I bought is Adios. I feel so stupid. I thought the packaging felt a little heavy, but I have so much trouble with numbness in my hands, that it’s hard to tell the weight of anything I pick up. But that’s no excuse, I should have checked before I bagged everything up. I’m really bummed, cause it was such a great little deal and now it’s just money down the drain – or more correctly – the garbage chute. Bummer.

Well I’ve been kicking myself all night :cry: . I feel like the biggest dumb butt on the planet. Over the last week I’ve been receiving packages from eBay. Normally I open everything at my craft table, add it to my inventory list, and put it away. But lazy me I opened several items at my computer and set the empty packaging next to the wastepaper basket to throw out later. Well, you guessed it, I picked up the basket and the “empty” packaging and threw it away – and threw out one of my purchases :doh:. The canopy bed I bought is Adios. I feel so stupid. I thought the packaging felt a little heavy, but I have so much trouble with numbness in my hands, that it’s hard to tell the weight of anything I pick up. But that’s no excuse, I should have checked before I bagged everything up. I’m really bummed, cause it was such a great little deal and now it’s just money down the drain – or more correctly – the garbage chute. Bummer.

Oh Judith I really feel for you, what an awful thing to happen - and a canopy bed too!!!!!. I've been searching all day on and off for some parts that I know I had a couple of weeks ago but I did a big sort out (don't recall seeing them at the time) and clear out of supplies and stuff and I fear these may have gone the same way - either that or they'll turn up sometime in 2015/16 when I no longer need them. It was just fixings for an item I bought for my spring fling but I can't remember what they actually looked like. They were in the bottom of a plastic bag and I threw out an awful lot of plastic bags.

Oh Judith I really feel for you, what an awful thing to happen - and a canopy bed too!!!!!. I've been searching all day on and off for some parts that I know I had a couple of weeks ago but I did a big sort out (don't recall seeing them at the time) and clear out of supplies and stuff and I fear these may have gone the same way - either that or they'll turn up sometime in 2015/16 when I no longer need them. It was just fixings for an item I bought for my spring fling but I can't remember what they actually looked like. They were in the bottom of a plastic bag and I threw out an awful lot of plastic bags.

Jo it's times like this when I wish I spoke a second language, cause if I did I'd cuss myself out in it! And have I learned my lesson? Apparently not, cause my beautiful fabric arrived two days ago and it's been sitting in the original packaging on the chair ever since. For two days I've told myslef, "take that out, put it in a plastic bag and put it away", and I only did it 2 minutes ago. Mind you now... I was a little bit miffed with the way it was packaged, cause they just put it in a manilla envelope and mailed it without enclosing it in a plastic bag first - and I thought to myself "good thing nothing at the PO spilled on it" - but it's been sitting under my control for two days in an opened package with no protection. DAH!

I sure hope you didn't toss your findings, I so look forward to seeing your creations and I know whatever you're missing was probably "just the right touch" for making things look real. Hopfully they're just misplaced in a drawer somewhere. I know two things, 1) I'll be glad when my storage cabinet gets here so I can really get organized and 2) there will be no more packages opened at this desk! I'm gonna go kick myself a little more while I convert a lamp from non-working to electric, and then poly the other bed I'm working on so I can make the draperies for it tomorrow. UUUGH! Dumb, Dumb, Dumb stupid girl! That would be me!

• Like 1

Judith,

I would be so mad at myself too if I had done that. I haven't thrown anything away (that I can remember) but many times I have cut up what I thought was scrap or surplus material only to discover it was a pre-cut part that I had made previously and forgot to mark.

...many times I have cut up what I thought was scrap or surplus material only to discover it was a pre-cut part that I had made previously and forgot to mark.
Someday some scientist will make a boatload of money discovering a way for us NOT to do that!
  • Like 1

Well guys happy days are here again! I’m still dumb, but not as dumb as I thought. I should know to trust the common sense backup systems that I have in place – I didn’t, and I just stressed myself out for no reason. I did not throw out my new bed. Yea! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

1. I used the tracking number on the package and it said that it had already been delivered on the 7th.

Common sense says: You paid for it on the 5th and it’s coming from Arizona – no way is it in Jersey AND delivered 2 days later.

2. You got packages during the week and crossed them off your list.

Common sense says: You sat at the desk to open the packages but DID NOT cross the bed off the list.

3. Tracking says the package was delivered, but (obviously) you didn’t get it from the security desk where the mailman leaves the packages because there are only signatures for delivery in the book for you on the 6th and the 9th.

Common sense says: Weekend delivery (maybe) - not the regular carrier (definitely) – package small enough to go where? The one place you didn’t look – the mailbox.

Mrs. Gump should have been my mother, cause dumb is as dumb does. Plus...it's probably just mini karma. I'm always asking the security guard WHY the mail carrier leaves packages that are small enough to go in the mailbox with security...apparently the mini gods heard me. Serves me right, I should have trusted my instincts. (2 day delivery from Arizona? - yeah right)

Judith, it could be worse you didnt loose your interest or passion for mini's! I hope mine is just on vacation

You probably just need a little break Deb. Before I started this house I was coming off of a 2 house Xmas build and when I finished I didn't even look at mini anything for over 5 months. Besides, it's summer, your muse is probably just on vacation :fishing1: :surfing: :snorkel: ...even a muse needs time off. :D

I have pretty much ordered all of the accessories for the Madinat al-Zahra de Cordoba room box and the first arrived yesterday. I would like to find a couple of floral arrangement for the two alcove plant stands so I will keep my eyes open for them. I am debating adding a figure of a sultan but will have to do some looking to find one. Anyone know where I might find a hooka?

I also pulled out a couple of quarter scale kits to putter on. Hope this heat lets up soon.

Wood floor for the living room of my Tennyson. I used the basic pine slats cut into 1/4" x 6" pieces and stained with a dark walnut finish. Because all my decorating is happening after the house is completely built, I placed, glued and stained them on a piece of paper that was cut to my floor size. I can then just slip this in and glue it down. Not too bad for my first flooring try!

post-15501-0-37918200-1342112628_thumb.j

I have pretty much ordered all of the accessories for the Madinat al-Zahra de Cordoba room box and the first arrived yesterday. I would like to find a couple of floral arrangement for the two alcove plant stands so I will keep my eyes open for them. I am debating adding a figure of a sultan but will have to do some looking to find one. Anyone know where I might find a hooka?

I also pulled out a couple of quarter scale kits to putter on. Hope this heat lets up soon.

Got some figures of Sultan types up in the loft Beverley - bought in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul a couple of years ago. They are solid resin figures not sculpted dolls and they aren't poseable but I'd be happy to send you one. Give me a few days to have a root around and I'll send you some pics. Oh and a hookah is easy to make I made one last week for my spring fling but - that's a secret right? I'll attach a picture of it its just made out of beads and jewellery findings.

post-4015-0-19509400-1342113718_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Today I finaly startet again with my glencroft house I glued stones on the chimney and worked on the doors. I am also working on a Chrismas tree mat off Janet Granger

bye bye Carin

post-6390-0-43268100-1342116404_thumb.jp

post-6390-0-99664100-1342116451_thumb.jp