What's everyone working on?

I'm still not able to do any real mini-ing, until after we move, but I had a great conversation with my 7-year-old granddaughter yesterday. First off she told me that they too are moving (their house is already sold, moving in another week) so things are getting packed up - and her dad asked if she wanted to keep her dollhouse or give it away. It was the little Fisher-Price "starter" house I got for her when she was about 4. She assured Daddy she wanted to keep it, because Grandma gave it to her - and she proceded to explain to me that she would keep it forever, give it to her own daughter one day, and when her daughter grew up and left home she would take it back - because it was her first dollhouse and Grandma gave it to her. :wub: I then told her that once I got moved in over there in her hometown, she and I could build another dollhouse together - thinking of a Lisa's Cottage I have still in the box. So she's getting excited about that and can hardly wait till we move! Don't ya just love grandbabies?? :love:

• Like 1

CJ, that is just so terrific! She must be super-excited to have you guys coming :)

Got my dad to build me a base for my Litchfield so I can start landscaping around it. She has informed me she wants "tasteful" bushes and flowers...and perhaps a small walkway ^_^

Building a Medium Three Story Miniatures Showcase kit (32 1/2"W x 33 1/4"H x 10 3/4"D). I have most of the basics done on it like wallpaper, ceiling, flooring and molding. Now I have to figure out how to make a lead roof. This weekend will be adding the frame work the acrylic panels set in. :banana:

That cabin looks great!

I got into a groove installing parquetry in the Tudor's library last night, so I kept working- until 6 this morning. I'm starting to pay for it now, but the floor is much closer to finished. All I have left to do now is cut and install about 2,500 border inlay parts.

Spent part of the day checking out all of the new eye candy, The Litchfield, the Little House, La Malcontenta, and JoMed's magazine cover. Great stuff ladies...Well Done!

Spent the rest of the afternoon shopping. I got wallpaper for Mr. Bronte's bedroom a set of side chairs, a slant top desk, and a canopy bed for my stash, some great pillows that I just couldn't resist and a yard of beautiful silk fabric that's a perfect color match for the canopy curtains on Mr. Bronte's bed.

Definitely not a typo. There were over 3,600 parts made for the bedroom and landing floor.

In the past, with my 2-D art, people didn't seem to understand what went into each piece. Explaining that a black and white "drawing" was actually 0.3 millimeter dots hand drawn over several months dispelled the notion that they were looking at charcoal or pencil art. With the houses, everyone on here knows what does into a mini, but I still keep track of the amount of time, bricks, etc. that goes into each project. It kind of gives me a finishing line to reach with each component of the house. If I didn't approach each part of the house as a separate project, I probably would be too intimidated to start it in the first place.

The floor is a little closer to complete. I have about 1/3 of the border inlay installed. Still have some main flooring to make and install, but that might be done by tomorrow. Eye candy coming soon.

I'm halfway through assembling the shell of my scratch-built maison de ville, and it's going a bit slowly because the nail gun keeps sticking. The grooves for lighting wires are all cut - this is my first electrified build.

I have pretty much completed the Moroccan room box from the Ron Hubble class I took the week before last. There are a few plants and accessories like plates with fruit and some of the pitchers typical of the culture I need to find and add. Take a look, I think you will see why I wanted to do this in spite of all my other unfinished projects. At least this one will be done http://www.flickr.com/photos/starfire31/

I have pretty much completed the Moroccan room box from the Ron Hubble class I took the week before last. There are a few plants and accessories like plates with fruit and some of the pitchers typical of the culture I need to find and add. Take a look, I think you will see why I wanted to do this in spite of all my other unfinished projects. At least this one will be done http://www.flickr.co...tos/starfire31/

Wow. This is a real jaw-dropper. With your attention to details, I can see why you'd be attracted to it. It's beautiful. :clap:

I loved that roombox the minute I saw it and yours is a real beauty - well done. I have a wonderful Ron Hubble daybed that was the forerunner of this project, its in a similar style but I can't find a picture of it and the bed is carefully wrapped up in the loft. One day I will make a whole room around that bed, I love his stuff.

You know you're unmotivated when you sit down to work on a house, and instead spend 20 minutes scraping the paint from around the edge of the jar... Sigh.

I have Fridays off during the summer, and I realized today that this is basically my last one. :( My SIL and family will be here next week, and the next week we'll be in FL with them. So today is my last chance to do anything productive on an extra off day. Oh well.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I fell in love with it and simply could not walk away from it. I found some accessories on ebay this afternoon and hope I win a couple. Now to get back on the MTC!!!!!!

Jo. that bed is awesome! Your hubby may not be too interested in minis, but he can shop for me anytime :)

Found a ground cover sheet for the Litchfield base at Michael's. Not sure I'll keep it since it's a little lacking in detail. It'll have to wait till Monday;weekend is full of other activities again :(

• Like 1