What's everyone working on?

Linda, the stone is beautiful. Is it done from egg cartons? If so, did you spackle between the stones? I love the coloring of your stones. I am about to begin doing egg carton stone work on the base of my dollhouse.

Thanks

Renea

Kynne........'alot of staring'. I don't ever hear anyone say that. Thank you! I do alot of staring myself. I mean, how else do we figure out what's next? :) Staring is the most important part of my build. Always.

It's a good thing that staring is allowed, because that's all I've done with my project for the last 5 days. I set up my craft area for the first time since Xmas and pulled out the pieces to start the piano and mirror over mantle. Stared at that for 2 days and then realized I needed to either make or buy two balusters to change the legs, so I pushed it aside and pulled out the bed. Stared at that for 2 days and finally sat down at the computer and made a template for the scrollwork on the sides. I just attached my light to the table and pulled out my camera and my dremel so I think there might actually be some work done today....maybe. I feel like Frasier having a staring contest with Eddie, I wonder who's going to win? :blink:

The MTC is coming along. Had a small problem to solve with the joining of the tower to the main structure. Starred over it for two days and had an aha moment in my sleep. Also did a plaster finish in the inside of the tower and will be fitting the stairs later this week. Had to do a little shopping to replace some pallet knives and paint brushs. 20 more days and I leave for my class in NYC. Have everything I need and looking foreward to the class.

Doing a tiny happy dance over here as I did indeed win the auction for the ___________ thatthe SF building "craved" and I caved... Oh well, hopefully it will be here soon so that the exterior can get a more complete feel to it, it also means some minor bashing in a few places to suit....

Hugs

Linda, the stone is beautiful. Is it done from egg cartons? If so, did you spackle between the stones? I love the coloring of your stones. I am about to begin doing egg carton stone work on the base of my dollhouse.

Thanks

Renea

Renea,

The stones are made using paperclay, as are the plaster walls inside on the first floor. Thank you for your compliments!

Got my happy mail bead order today so I have to get to work on finishing up the wall divider between living room and kitchen now. Still need to make an entrance piece (egg carton tile perhaps? Have lots of pieces of various paper mache bricks from working on the foundation. I'll think of something.)

I think I am finally done with the stove. For now.

gallery_14640_5666_54904.jpg

Made the window bigger. Made the floppy stupid door actually stay closed unless pulled open. Made the heating element (I should dull the color of it just a little) and the shelf.

Oh, that shelf. I'll make another one eventually because this is how "perfect" my work really is.

gallery_14640_5666_85691.jpg

The worst side goes in the back but it's certainly not a perfectly shaped piece of work. :D There are around 15 coats of paint over that beading wire to try to fill in some of the bumps and dips made by twisting the wire into shape. Oh for a soldering tool and some thicker wire. (It still wouldn't be square. hahaha.)

Been working like a fiend this week at the RL job so I still have a ton of trim to sand and seal. Have 5 or 6 kits for chairs and a couch waiting in the wings and the half finished refrigerator to do as well. What I wouldn't give to have some vacation time.

...I think I am finally done with the stove...gallery_14640_5666_54904.jpg

...Made the heating element (I should dull the color of it just a little) and the shelf.

Oh, that shelf. I'll make another one eventually...Oh for a soldering tool and some thicker wire. (It still wouldn't be square. hahaha.)...

I'm back with an electric stove and the elements on mine are a dull dark gray unless I have them turned on, using them; then they're a much brighter red than yours! As for square, this is when you make yourself a jig with dressmaker pins and a piece of styrofoam from electronics packaging, Draw a square to size on a piece of scrap paper and tape it to the styrofoam block and stick the pins halfway in at the corners through your drawing into the styrofoam and bend your beading wire around the pins. When you remove the pins you ought to have a squarer frame to run your cross pieces across. Set your rack on a sheet of ruled paper (like a scrap of narrow-ruled notebook paper) with one edge (front or back) even with one line) to lay your cross pieces.

I had a jig of sorts, it just wouldn't stay put and it turned out to be easier to wrap the wire when I was holding it rather than when it was attached and I could not reach around it. :) The frame was square when I took it off the jig, it's just very very bendable wire.

Im not doing any mini stuff right now, busy working on a fundraiser. Im making fabric roses right now for Princess Bella's dress. I got two dresses off Etsy from a very nice seller, so i will have Belle and Ariel coming to great and take pictures with kids, etc. Also grew about 500 plus plants for the plant sale, my yard looks like a plant growing est. lol

It's over next weekend so i hope to get into my mini's again.

Jenn

I'm getting my mini-fix just reading about all the projects everyone is working on. With moving on my mind, can't really focus on minis, have to drop the Spring Fling. So for awhile I will live my mini-life vicariously through all of you :)

I'm getting my mini-fix just reading about all the projects everyone is working on. With moving on my mind, can't really focus on minis, have to drop the Spring Fling. So for awhile I will live my mini-life vicariously through all of you :)

Real life intervening here, too. But I don't miss my daily (or more often) checks of the forum. Keep the news and pictures coming, folks!

I finally cut out the two divider walls I needed for the Newberg! Yay! Now I have no excuses to not finish up the wallpaper, floors, and ceilings on the first two floors. Most of that is cut and ready to go. Progress!!

Then to paint and cut some roof trim, and cut plastic for the windows and apply the trim. Then... the dreaded porch roof. It would be awesome if I could finish it by the 20th. That's my new goal. That's when Mama will be traveling to see the niece again. 3 months after a birthday isn't too bad for a present is it??

• Like 1

I have about 40% of the outside of tower on the MTC paperclayed and am trying to get the "rocks" laid out. Hope to have the basic portion completed tonight. Still have to work out how the upper ring should be added.

I would be doing a happy dance- if I danced (which I don't). I finished installing the Tudor's 2nd floor landing inlay today and have started plotting the library's inlay design onto the sub-floor.

I also got a call from Tom Bishop. If anyone is planning to attend Chicago International 2013, I'll be in the main corridor with at least the Tudor house and maybe the B&B if I can get it repaired in time.

• Like 1

I also got a call from Tom Bishop. If anyone is planning to attend Chicago International 2013, I'll be in the main corridor with at least the Tudor house and maybe the B&B if I can get it repaired in time.

Wonderful, will look forward to seeing you, your house (or houses)!

• Like 1

I would be doing a happy dance- if I danced (which I don't). I finished installing the Tudor's 2nd floor landing inlay today and have started plotting the library's inlay design onto the sub-floor.

Yay, and yay!! :)

I've considered going to Chicago next year, already have someone that has agreed to go with me, so this is a good incentive!

• Like 1

Well, I ripped out the warped flooring paper in the Litchfield kitchen. It came off in one piece so I was able to use it for a foundation to glue woodsies strips on for the new floor. I got that done (thanks Easy Cutter) and it's sitting under weights with its first coat of Mod Podge. Put some calking and gesso on my half/scale stairs as well.

I got busy on the Garfield today. Put in knee walls in the attic so I could run my wiring. I need to cut down my attic stairs so they are a bit narrower and then cut the opening for them, before I can finish the wiring. It is taking so much time to get the wiring completed. But it will be worth it, to have each floor, ceiling, sconces, exterior, and outlets on their own circuit! I am getting anxious to start interior decorating, but so much planning is involved.

Matt, I'd really love to come over and see your wiring before I start wiring the Beacon Hill. Separate circuits sounds intriguing. One day next November, eh? :)

• Like 1

How many circuits are you putting in your Garfield, Matt?

After putting multiple circuits in the Tudor, I plan to build every project that way. The only change I might make would be to set up a toggle switch board instead of individual plugs and powerstrips in the house's base like I did with the Tudor.