What's everyone working on?

Love the fried chicken basket!

I had gotten up this a.m. with the intent to work on the SF and maybe even the Magnolia, but started out the day with a bit of stomach bug... :( On my birthday too! :mad: So instead of eating cake and lasagna and working on all my many projects, I spent the day holding my head and watching telly and eating noodle soup and crackers...

Wow :) I'm loving this topic right now.

Holly.......I LOVE your coffee table/books.

Linda.....I LOVE the idea of your fairy house.

Traci.....I LOVE your picnic scene.

Fantastic eye candy & inspiration Ladies! Thank you :)

Morgan, that's actually my table. :) Holly just helped post the picture, but I am glad you like it!

Traci, fried chicken! :eatyum:

Thanks Holly, I'm not sure what the coating is made of. I got the chicken from my miniature club. It was a souvenir from their "Back to College" shows years ago. I asked today, but no one at the club knows how they were made. They were made by another talented member who has since moved. I can't tell if it's flocking or maybe sand? It seems softer than sand though.

I painted the interior doors for my HTJB house yesterday. I may throw 1 more coat of paint on them and start choosing wallpaper. Can't hang wallpaper yet as i'm out of yes glue but it would be nice to have the wallpaper choices done and cut to size :)

Progress on the House That Jack Built. I've been working on this house on and off for about a month or so....so the painting is completed for all the windows and interior doors. i think 1 more coat of paint on the staircase will do the trick. Here's a photo of the exterior of the house. I am undecided about doing 1 more coat of paint to the exterior. we shall see. The house will have trim/railings/posts in the creamy color. lots more to do, but excited to make progress. i also chose the wallpaper for each room and i have most of it cut to size. Windows won't be glued in until wallpaper is hung :)

I also started a new project. it's a celerity corner store. i have wanted to do a tea shop for a long time and haven't been able to choose the perfect house for it. I've also been wanting to build this kit for a long time and it hit me last night this would be a great kit to do it! The tea room will be on the bottom floor and the upper 2 stories will be living space for the lady who owns and operates it. Love this kit, it has an exterior entrace for the 2nd story.

I'm adding photos of both projects to my blog later tonight!

post-570-0-31802400-1338859875_thumb.jpg

post-570-0-25461900-1338859900_thumb.jpg

I'm working on sanding all of the trim and windows/doors that I didn't do when I punched out the rest of the kit. I'll have to spackle a few pieces because they were on some rough plywood so they didn't cut or punch out very cleanly. I realized that I cut the flooring for the first floor a little oddly at the room division so I am toying with making a small little marble or linoleum square to go in front of the door and more cleanly separate the living room and the kitchen. I hadn't put any backing on the kitchen floor paper yet so that will be tomorrow after work. I will need to varnish it up before installation as well but of course, just realized that today as well. I'm sort of waiting on the trim for the finalization of the wallpaper so that I know just where to cut it since I'm attaching trim to the wall and then carefully papering around it. I just can't convince myself to put the trim on the board that the removable wallpaper will be on. That just seems so flimsy.

Also, need to research exactly how to attach these lights to the tapewire since that is coming up soon.

Working on building the refrigerator but the kit has it going together weird so kinda bashing it a little to better suit my sensibilities.

Also, need to rework the arches for the room divider. Need to paper it. Need to decide how I'm going to attach it.

Mostly, I'm puttering and doing 5,000 things all at the same time. My boyfriend just thinks I'm doing a lot of staring. :D

Mostly, I'm puttering and doing 5,000 things all at the same time. My boyfriend just thinks I'm doing a lot of staring. :D

You call it staring; I call it listening to the kit...

Kynne........'alot of staring'. I don't ever hear anyone say that. Thank you! I do alot of staring myself. I mean, how else do we figure out what's next? :) Staring is the most important part of my build. Always.

Absolutely. I do more construction and decoration in my head than I do on the project!

. I'm sort of waiting on the trim for the finalization of the wallpaper so that I know just where to cut it since I'm attaching trim to the wall and then carefully papering around it. I just can't convince myself to put the trim on the board that the removable wallpaper will be on. That just seems so flimsy.

Actually, having the trim on the removable board will strengthen the panel and prevent it from pulling loose and/or warping. Or you might want to glue the baseboard to the wallpaper but glue the cove molding to the ceiling, leaving a space behind it to slide the wallpaper board into. That, too will keep the wallpaper flat.

Hadn't thought of it that way. That's a good point. I've switched my plan from using poster board for the wallpaper panels to using a thinner cardstock backing so thickness is less of an issue. Now to finish up that trim. Sanding, priming, painting... that and some sci-fi tv on netflix is the plan for after work today. :)

If you're going with a thinner backing for your wallpaper by all means glue the cove molding to the ceiling to slide the wallpaper behind, with the baseboard glued to the bottom of the paper, it'll help hold it flat to the wall.

Plotting and planning both the SF and how to add those finishing details to the lighthouse. Got some eyelets to try out as curtain details, hopefully I'll be able to test on one tomorrow...

Also need to take some updated pics of this and that and put into my gallery albums. Then to hunt for suitable fabrics for a lady doll-person. This will be fun but I am a teensy bit anxious over treating the SF walls like I have in mind.

Hugs