What's everyone working on?

Judith, I used spackle directly on the primed walls of both my Glencroft pub and the wood Orchid, and the unprimed foundation of the Magnolia as well as the fireplace wall:

Okay Holly, glad you showed me a picture...I see first off, that I need to keep it thin - my mind had the image of frosting a cake, like the whole wall. But with your idea of sanding it down....if I could apply just enough to get under the lip of the siding and then sand it smooth - I wouldn't have to worry too much about the weight of the brick, because I'd still be applying them primarily to the wood - with only thin strips of the spackle or mud - instead of the WHOLE wall. I love it when a plan comes together - and this is definitely a plan if E&T can't make me a smooth wall. Holly you Rock!

CJ, thanks for responding so quickly. I did exactly as you said, and - no luck. Every time I try to attach the photo I get the same answer - "upload failed". They really ought to do something to fix this. It's been going on ever since they changed the site and hundreds of people have complained about it. But thanks for trying to help :flowers: .

Have you checked the size of your photos? They can't be very big to post into this section. I resize most of mine before I try uploading them. Not sure exactly, but they probably shouldn't be over 500 kb.

CJ, thanks for responding so quickly. I did exactly as you said, and - no luck. Every time I try to attach the photo I get the same answer - "upload failed". They really ought to do something to fix this. It's been going on ever since they changed the site and hundreds of people have complained about it. But thanks for trying to help :flowers: .

Judith, one more thing to check. The amount of our attachments directly to posts is limited. We can link to gallery pictures all we want though. So maybe check and make sure you're attachment allotment isn't full. Go to your name and click Settings, Then click Manage Attachments on the left hand side. I also make sure my pictures are sized small, I aim for 200k, but it probably doesn't need to be that small.

Judith, one more thing to check. The amount of our attachments directly to posts is limited. We can link to gallery pictures all we want though. So maybe check and make sure you're attachment allotment isn't full. Go to your name and click Settings, Then click Manage Attachments on the left hand side. I also make sure my pictures are sized small, I aim for 200k, but it probably doesn't need to be that small.

Found it! One question though....if I delete some of these downloads will that delete the photos from the albums they're in?

The photos you post from your albums don't count, do they?

Found it! One question though....if I delete some of these downloads will that delete the photos from the albums they're in?

The attachments are pictures you have put directly into a post, not ones in an album. When you are in Manage Attachments, there should be a list of all these files. Deleting them will only take them out of the post they were attached to.

The photos you post from your albums don't count, do they?

They do not.

Caught up with all the cleaning and reorganization and am back on the MTC. Want to get as much done before I go down to LI for the class on the 25th. Sigh, I do have a dog transport this week so some limits on the miniing time this weekend.

Judith, it might be worth it to send Earth and Tree an e-mail to see if they could help you with the modifications you want. When I ordered the Litchfield from them, I asked how they measured for the dormer windows they had in their example. Kari got right back to me to say they'd be happy to cut the holes for me! I know Kabrina was going to use one of their houses for her "Little Women" house and had discussed modifications with them as well. It's worth a shot :)

Great news! I sent an email to E&T yesterday, and got a response from a lady named JaNeen today. They said they would be glad to do the house in a smooth finish and there will be no increase in the price of the house. All I have to do is include a note when I order the house online and give them about 2 weeks lead time. They were very accomodating, God I love dollhouse people! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Great news! I sent an email to E&T yesterday, and got a response from a lady named JaNeen today. They said they would be glad to do the house in a smooth finish and there will be no increase in the price of the house. All I have to do is include a note when I order the house online and give them about 2 weeks lead time. They were very accomodating, God I love dollhouse people! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cool! I thought they would accomodate that considering all the extra work that goes into routing the wood panels to add the siding effect.

Flooring in the Tudor's 2nd floor landing is slow going, but I'm adding parts everyday. It shouldn't take much more than a week to finish, considering that its already about 1/2 done and it will take fewer parts than the bedroom. There are about 3,600 individual parts for that room if you count the fact that each border part was actually 3 parts glued together first.

Judith, I just knew they would be able to help you out with your request! The people there are so fabulous..they have genuine interest in dollhouses, not just in making money. When we visited there last year, Kari went all over the store just to find me a piece of roof molding! If you are ever in their neck of the woods don't hesitate to go, you'll be "lost" in there for hours!

Planning a big push to finishing the LItchfield this weekend..we'll see how that goes with company coming. I have some pics, but I'm still trying to figure out my new camera, Why do they have to change the settings/software with every model?

So I've asked in several sections of the forum and gotten no answer on this. I'm hoping since I've seen other similar questions here, does anyone know if there's a way to post photos from my phone? I'm working on a 1/4 scale one room cabin for a friend with breast cancer and the worlds most amazing attitude. I'd love to post some photos soon but don't have internet.

This little cabin is going to be fun. She has no clue what I'm making but her favorite colors are red and purple. I'm knitting an afghan for it now. 1.5" x 1.5". It's pretty cute so far but sloooooow going for sure. It's about 30 stitches per inch and the knitting needles are a size 000000.

does anyone know if there's a way to post photos from my phone? I'd love to post some photos soon but don't have internet.

If your phone doesn't have internet, you're going to have to take the photos off the phone and put them on your computer and then upload them to the forum. If you don't have a link to get the photos directly from the phone to the computer, the photo shop at Walmart can move them to a DVD for about $3.

So I've asked in several sections of the forum and gotten no answer on this. I'm hoping since I've seen other similar questions here, does anyone know if there's a way to post photos from my phone?

Morgan, I've tried to figure it out too, but haven't been able to. I'll try playing with it some more this weekend. It may be a little different for different phones though. I would think there would be a way, but have no clue.

If your phone doesn't have internet, you're going to have to take the photos off the phone and put them on your computer and then upload them to the forum. If you don't have a link to get the photos directly from the phone to the computer, the photo shop at Walmart can move them to a DVD for about $3.

Kathie, I think it's the opposite for Morgan. Seems like she has said before that she posts everything from her phone. I believe she doesn't have internet on a computer at home.

Made some real progress on the MTC last night and this morning. Except fo the roof and tower she is all together (without masking tape!). I have finished covering the walls with wall board mud and now waiting for it all to dry. I have recrafted the tower using sona tube and will start adding paperclay. Hope to finish up the major portion before I leave for the roombox class the end of June.

Unfortunately Brae, none of the folks in my life have the expertise to even turn on the saw. LOL. As far as "crafty" goes...I'm it :construction:

i hear ya on that! I would be in the same boat. :yes:

Love the aviator!!

Well, finally getting some dollhouserie done...not much, but at least I'm downstairs in the workroom again! :D I am staining the floors on the Hofco House reno. I usually like to do this outdoors, but we've been having a lot of rain lately - - and ALWAYS on the days I want to stain!

The work on the Alexandria has come to a screetching halt until someone can rescue me and this electrical mess! Grrr.

Thanks for so much response everyone! I am so computer illiterate I can't figure out much of anything unless by accident it seems.

I have a top of the line smartphone with internet service. (Verizon) My computer needs to go in the shop. We moved in November to a community we have to get their internet to have access. The phone is so much easier I got lazy. Besides, that's alot of money every month for minis :)

I can 'share' photos through email, etc. Does that mean anything good?

Lyssa, when you want to post a picture from one of your albums there's an "Options" box to the upper right on the page for your picture that when you click iit has a dropdown menu and the last item is "links". You can highlight and click the image link to copy it and then when you click the image icon in your post you can paste that url and voila:

gallery_5565_4389_670422.jpg

Nifty table, BTW.

• Like 1