What's everyone working on?

I'm close to finishing my Hansel & Gretel Buttercup. I didn't like how the frosting roof came out, so yesterday I redid it and also made a cage for Hansel. I think all I have left to do is the chimney top, front stoop, a treasure chest, a ladder up to the trapdoor, and paint touchups. Then I can arrange the furnishings and play. :)

Andrea, I love how the house has turned out and Hansel's cage just needs a bone or two from its former occupant (so he can hold it out to show the witch he's not ready to cook yet).

• Like 1

Holly, many thanks! I have assorted bones, twigs, feathers, eggshells (see explanation in my post about the fake rock candy), and the odd skull to complete the weird and awful scene. I have a little more work on the building and then I'll have the fun of arranging everything :)

When I read your topic about the fake rock candy I was reminded of the time as a small child my paternal grandfather sent me a small sack of "rock" candy from Little Rock, Arkansas,where he lived; they were actually a jelly bean type of candy, but they looked just like the pebbles the street in front of our house was paved with.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

Hope to finish glueing on the brickwork on my Beacon Hill this weekend.I fell asleep last night upright with a brick in one hand scissors in another :D 

Yikes! Glad you didn't topple over and impale yourself on the scissors! 

39 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

Another thing we have in common? An overactive imagination :D

Everybody here shares that ... it's vital to switching smoothly from the real world to the mini world. :) 

• Like 1

Tonight I tried using that Envirotex stuff to make a pond. It didn't go so well and I made a big giant mess. 

I'll go buy some more tomorrow and try again, and hopefully it will turn out better. Right now I have one fish only partially submerged in "water", and I'm concerned for his health. Not to mention the levitating lily pads...

• Like 4

You would have really laughed seeing me trying to seal up the hole where the stuff was streaming out from the bottom, while my husband was holding it up high for me, and trying to keep it over the foil... Or when I tried to hold it up myself and poured it all over the cutting mat... Not a pretty sight. But somehow none got on the table or the floor, so at least there's that. 

14 hours ago, WestPaces said:

Hope to finish glueing on the brickwork on my Beacon Hill this weekend.I fell asleep last night upright with a brick in one hand scissors in another :D 

What did you make the bricks out of I love them and they color .It's a really great look.

13 hours ago, KathieB said:

Everybody here shares that ... it's vital to switching smoothly from the real world to the mini world. :) 

Right about now I prefer my mini world and getting a darn good laugh reading all the shenanigans that goes on here . Did i just date myself.

• Like 1

So much to catch up on here, the levitating Lily pads intruiged me, and I can also somehow relate to the "arrrgh-moment" when it comes to trickling stuff... once I made a star shaped pond from small slate type rocks with spackle as joint compound, good thinking, bad  when it came to actually being sealed....

as for me,  I have been tinkering with the curtains for the Steampunk build:

large.IMG_1500.JPG.98d1f5c2b3c0eefd0a314

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NellBell said:

What did you make the bricks out of I love them and they color .It's a really great look.

They are egg carton bricks Nell Marie, They are egg carton color as I haven't painted them yet :D I wanted them brick color, then I changed my mind and bought a paint I liked, guess what, when a did a test piece the colour was exactly the same as the egg cartons :crazyeyes:. I'm going to try brick color, just for fun and if I don't like it I'll paint them. Still haven't grouted them though...

16 hours ago, sparklepuppies said:

Tonight I tried using that Envirotex stuff to make a pond. It didn't go so well and I made a big giant mess. 

I'll go buy some more tomorrow and try again, and hopefully it will turn out better. Right now I have one fish only partially submerged in "water", and I'm concerned for his health. Not to mention the levitating lily pads...

I can relate Tracy, I poured some into the dollhouse toilet bowl and it seeped right through the seam! Messy stuff!

26 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

They are egg carton bricks Nell Marie, They are egg carton color as I haven't painted them yet :D I wanted them brick color, then I changed my mind and bought a paint I liked, guess what, when a did a test piece the colour was exactly the same as the egg cartons :crazyeyes:. I'm going to try brick color, just for fun and if I don't like it I'll paint them. Still haven't grouted them though...

I guess I'm going to have to start saving egg cartons the look great

4 hours ago, WestPaces said:

Still haven't grouted them though...

Think twice before grouting. If the bricks are to be painted, you may not need to grout. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Think twice before grouting. If the bricks are to be painted, you may not need to grout. 

Hmm, didn't think of that Kathie. I'll give them some brick colour tomorrow and see how it looks before grouting.