What's everyone working on?

Ericka, your console radio is gorgeous!  Tell the husband your kits are like the Fisher-Price play people; they spontaneously multiply in the dark of the closet.  Jane Harrop has some really wonderful DIY furniture books out there, I built her gateleg dining table for my farmhouse (and made the table radio from Kris' Inchbyinch blog):

parlor 2.JPG

• Like 1

I’m making progress on the bar. Hopefully, I will have some progress photos later today. Had surgery on my nose again this morning so I really shouldn’t mix painkillers with my tools so maybe just some sanding and staining will be attempted.

45 minutes ago, Sable said:

I’m making progress on the bar. Hopefully, I will have some progress photos later today. Had surgery on my nose again this morning so I really shouldn’t mix painkillers with my tools so maybe just some sanding and staining will be attempted.

Or maybe just wait and look at inspiration photos until the painkillers wear off.

Nice work everyone! we are all very busy these days!

As love to make mini projects, here are my latest creations, Venetian masks are my fun part, everything is possible and pinterest is such a big treasure to find ideas! They all sculpted in polymer clay and painted with acrylic or pearl ex. 

IMG_8807 - Copie.JPG

IMG_8811 - Copie.JPG

IMG_8815 - Copie.JPG

IMG_8819 - Copie.JPG

• Like 5

On March 18, 2018 at 5:39:48 PM, sparklepuppies said:
4 hours ago, Nathaliedollsmini said:

Nice work everyone! we are all very busy these days!

As love to make mini projects, here are my latest creations, Venetian masks are my fun part, everything is possible and pinterest is such a big treasure to find ideas! They all sculpted in polymer clay and painted with acrylic or pearl ex. 

IMG_8807 - Copie.JPG

IMG_8811 - Copie.JPG

IMG_8815 - Copie.JPG

IMG_8819 - Copie.JPG

I love these masks . They are awesome

On March 18, 2018 at 4:30:13 PM, sparklepuppies said:

• Like 1

I decided I am going to work on the half scale bungalow.  I don't live within 1000 miles of a beach but I thought I might make a little beach get away when I want to feel near the ocean.  

Have a great weekend!   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

I decided I am going to work on the half scale bungalow.  I don't live within 1000 miles of a beach but I thought I might make a little beach get away when I want to feel near the ocean.  

Have a great weekend!   

There are so many beach themed minis lately too. Sounds like a fun project.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

There are so many beach themed minis lately too. Sounds like a fun project.

Yes I saw a lot in Hobby Lobby.   I won't get down to the store for a while now but I plan to look online.  My sister was just vacationing on Sanibel Island, FLA so maybe I can convince her to part with a few of the zillion shells she collected.  I will probably need a trip to the ocean one of these days for inspiration.  I keep hinting about another trip to California but so far no response.  tee hee

23 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Sanibel is great for shelling, so is Navarre Beach.

It really is. I always made time to collect shells when I was out there for the Sanibel Island Writers' Conference (when I was still writing creatively, before grad school and teaching took up all my writing time). Sanibel island is so lovely! 

I am on spring break this week, hooray! I'm trying to decide what I want to work on. I'll probably do a little organizing, as I have stuff still in the garage I never brought into the craft room.  But I'd like to work on something too. Goodness knows I've got plenty to choose from! The last couple years I've mainly done small scales (1:48 and smaller) except for the donation house I worked on last spring break. But I think I'm about ready to work on a 1:12 project again. 

I really need to paint my RL house though. Bleh.

• Like 2

I bought a San Fran 555 kit and it's getting delivered today!!! I'm really hoping it's complete, as the box had been opened, but it looked like everything was in there. You never know until you do the inventory, though. It's such a neat house, and it's been on my wish list for a long time, so I'm really excited. No immediate plans at all for it, but happy to finally get it.

I'm doing the wall templates for the Yellow house! Super excited to get to this step!! I have finalized wallpaper choices, and I ordered paint samples that should be here by the weekend. Once the walls are done, I'm doing the fireplaces, trims and light fixtures, then turning back to the exterior. That house still needs a lot of work before it's done!   

• Like 1

I ordered a half scale bungalow so I am anxiously awaiting it to arrive.  Spending an inordinate time cruising Pinterest but its so much fun to find patterns for wallpapers and ideas.  I'm a long long way from any kind of beach but I grew up on eastern Long Island, NY where the Sound, the Bay and the ocean was all around me.  I can't wait to get started!  

Tracy I had to laugh at your last sentence lol. 

I love tracking my packages from town to town, kind of a weird thing to enjoy but I do :) I've had 3 packages recently sent fedex ground, feels more like pony express...as I (obsessively) check up on their progress every hour...ok, every 15 minutes...

Rosy, sounds like a good way to remember the beach. For most of my life I've lived within a few hours of the beach. Now I'm two states away...don't like being land locked. 

My  husband and kids are on spring vaca, getting yard work done but not much mini work. I did manage to give my craft room a good cleaning and rearranging. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Tracy I had to laugh at your last sentence lol. 

I love tracking my packages from town to town, kind of a weird thing to enjoy but I do :) I've had 3 packages recently sent fedex ground, feels more like pony express...as I (obsessively) check up on their progress every hour...ok, every 15 minutes...

Rosy, sounds like a good way to remember the beach. For most of my life I've lived within a few hours of the beach. Now I'm two states away...don't like being land locked. 

My  husband and kids are on spring vaca, getting yard work done but not much mini work. I did manage to give my craft room a good cleaning and rearranging. 

8 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

The San Fran is still sitting in the FedEx station, same as it's been for days. Scheduled delivery has now been changed to tomorrow. Tomorrow!!

Congrats on the San Fran Linda! 

Well Jodi (my miniature madness) and I are going to get Norad to track my package from her (WA State) to me (Australia).. just like Santa! :giggle:.... I'm super excited to get my custom made sink for the San Fran.. will be watching obsessively.. maybe every 10mins. :drool:

Tracking still shows "arrived at location" gah!! I've been on a kit buying binge the last few months, as they've been popping up at prices too good to say no to, but this one is special. I've wanted that kit for ages, and even tried looking for a built one to rehab, but it had to be the 555. Really hoping it gets here today, and REALLY hoping it's complete. It does come with the DHS video, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen it, and would it be worth copying to DVD? I've tried looking for a Youtube video, hoping maybe someone else had put it online, but I've never found it.

I, too, am a faithful package tracker. What annoys me is when FedEx or UPS drops the package at the front door, and doesn't bother to ring the bell, then texts me a half hour later that the package has been delivered. I often hear the truck and the slight scuffling noise as the package is dropped. I know they are on a tight schedule, but really, they can't ring the bell?

• Like 1

The San Fran has arrived!!!! Already inventoried, and it's all there!! A few pieces of the grooved molding that hold it all together are splintery, so I may just buy more from Manchester Woodworks, rather than trying to patch and glue.  

All I have to say is WOW. I'm amazed and impressed that any of these ever got built, because just the sheer magnitude of all of the bits and pieces, PLUS 23 (!!!) plywood sheets of bits and trim and flooring and such is just astounding. It's intimidating, even if you like this sort of thing. This is a project that won't be started for a while, but I know I'm going to need some hand holding and cheerleading when it comes time.

Kudos to those of you that have built this house!!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

It does come with the DHS video, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen it, and would it be worth copying to DVD? I've tried looking for a Youtube video, hoping maybe someone else had put it online, but I've never found it.

My kit has the video too! I really want to open the kit just to watch the video....IDK why I am so intrigued by the video. You will have to give me the details if you watch it.

Since the kit is still so popular, turning it into a DVD would be very use to future builders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

My kit has the video too! I really want to open the kit just to watch the video....IDK why I am so intrigued by the video. You will have to give me the details if you watch it.

Since the kit is still so popular, turning it into a DVD would be very use to future builders.

I have this house too. Not even sure when I'll have to pull out the video I may have a VHS stashed away. The box alone is overwhelming.

• Like 2