Jump to content
Minis On The Edge

What's everyone working on?

Recommended Posts

 I love the dreamy, soft quality of the china paints on the dishes. 

Karin , boy do I agree here every  time I see your platter and vases I just think they are some of the best I have seen and I really LOVE miniature china . I have way to many sets , teapots ,teacups and platters . I can say and I'm not just being nice I love the way yours look the best, I really hope you'l be selling them in the future.

The funny thing is I don't have a lot of china personally I have all white pottery style shabby chic style dishes from Portugal. BUT I LOVE CHINA in miniature .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I'm in Sacramento today working I'm heading to the Sac miniatures store . Can't wait to see it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NellBell said:

The funny thing is I don't have a lot of china personally I have all white pottery style shabby chic style dishes from Portugal. BUT I LOVE CHINA in miniature .

Oh my gosh, I'm the same way. I actually got rid of my own wedding china because I just never used it (and it was never a full set) but I love love love miniature china sets. I remember growing up I got a lovely set from The Biltmore House. Wish I knew what happened to that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NellBell said:

Since I'm in Sacramento today working I'm heading to the Sac miniatures store . Can't wait to see it 

Oh I wish I had known you were going to be in Sacramento.  I live about an hour away and just love going to Elegant Dollhouse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jbresr said:

Oh I wish I had known you were going to be in Sacramento.  I live about an hour away and just love going to Elegant Dollhouse!

Oh it was so spur of the moment.  I will probably be there again soon I loved it what a great store and the owner is so sweet . 

I will be there for their Miniature Flea Market on May 6th If you can make it lI'd love to meet you there . I also found out about a Stockton show that is moving to Lodi in June . Have you been to the Miniature flea market or the Stockton show? Also I'm only 1.5 hours away we might live kinda close .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NellBell said:

Oh it was so spur of the moment.  I will probably be there again soon I loved it what a great store and the owner is so sweet . 

I will be there for their Miniature Flea Market on May 6th If you can make it lI'd love to meet you there . I also found out about a Stockton show that is moving to Lodi in June . Have you been to the Miniature flea market or the Stockton show? Also I'm only 1.5 hours away we might live kinda close .

Oh yes I will be there on May 6th  I go every year.  We will have to meet up!  I have never been to the Stockton show.  Stockton is also about 1 1/2 hours from me!  I am north of Sacramento.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jbresr said:

Oh yes I will be there on May 6th  I go every year.  We will have to meet up!  I have never been to the Stockton show.  Stockton is also about 1 1/2 hours from me!  I am north of Sacramento.

Sounds like a plan I'm near Walnut Creek Very excited to meet you.  . The stockton one is now being moved to LODI in June might even try to go to that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I lived in Roseville, the Elegant was my go-to store. 

Thanks about the china Nellie, I appreciate that :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got back from Miniature Designs, where I finally gave in and bought 2 Bespaq 2 story roomboxes/vitrines that I have been eyeing for 2 years. They are Second Empire style, with solid walls on two sides and glass on the other two. So I'm about to go and play. :) I have a lot of nice furniture I've bought on a good deal that is just hanging out in drawers. Finally time to use it! I'm so excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

I just got back from Miniature Designs, where I finally gave in and bought 2 Bespaq 2 story roomboxes/vitrines that I have been eyeing for 2 years. They are Second Empire style, with solid walls on two sides and glass on the other two. So I'm about to go and play. :) I have a lot of nice furniture I've bought on a good deal that is just hanging out in drawers. Finally time to use it! I'm so excited.

Neat, Tracy! Are these the roomboxes that were sitting high on a display case? I recall drooling a bit while eyeing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had two stacks of magazines completely filling a shelf of a bookcase since we moved here.  I started three days ago to go through them all, gleaning all the DIY articles I'd saved them for, and I finished this morning.  Next will be to bring in all my ring binders from the workshop and collate everything.  I also had two huge stacks on a tble in my craft/ guest room that I went through and added; 30% of those turned out to be recipes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Kathie!! I really shouldn't have gotten them... But they've been hollering at me for 2 years. I remember when they showed some preview pictures as they were setting up for a sale, I spotted them then, and couldn't wait to get in the store to see them.  I couldn't decide which one I wanted. And besides, it would have been shame to break up the set. 

Holly, what a lot of work! But I'm sure you are so glad to have that done. The only miniature magazine I have is the issue that has Jeremy's tudor in it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tracy, can't wait to see the roomboxes, they sound incredible -- and if you've been eyeing them for two years... it sounds like you were meant to get them! ;)

For myself, I've been nursing what I thought was a cough/cold for the last week and a half, but will be calling the Dr. tomorrow due to the matter of severe back pain which almost always means pneumonia for me -- and I really don't want that! So, while I've been nursing this hacking cough I've been working on a half scale A Frame house. I have literally no idea when/where I got this house from... but it's something to keep me occupied while trying to get over whatever it is I've got. So far I've been busy trimming down 1:12 shingles to 1:24, with the possibility of possibly going a bit smaller to decorate the front. I've also got a vinegar and steel wool aging solution setting up so I can get a nice silvery aged look to this... was thinking I'd do this like a Swiss Chalet style -- but it's still up in the air, as I've been browsing Pinterest and a number of home and cabin sites to try and get an idea for it. Not certain what I'll do with this one once I've got it done up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were pulling into the parking lot for DH's PE appointment and got a voicemail from the doctor's office that he wasn't going to be able to come in today; so we just went on to the office to schedule a new appointment, later this week.  Kelli, when we lived in Jacksonville I had pneumonia three times; after the first bout I knew the same day when to go to the doctor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*dabs away tears* I packed up all my mini supplies. No fun for me for the next few months! :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SewMini said:

*dabs away tears* I packed up all my mini supplies. No fun for me for the next few months! :cry:

Oh, no!  I hope it doesn't take too long for you to be able to unpack and start in again.  I know it will be wonderful once you get to Denmark, but I'm sure the time between now and then will not be a lot of fun.   By any chance, do you do cross-stitch?  When I am out of town and can't work on my minis, I always have a cross-stitch rug I am working on for one of my houses.  That helps keep me from going through withdrawal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my Van Buren kit and bless it’s tiny little heart it’s so small!! I cant wait to build it!

E15D9C55-8C99-438D-862D-0A6A209CC0E6.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Oh, no!  I hope it doesn't take too long for you to be able to unpack and start in again.  I know it will be wonderful once you get to Denmark, but I'm sure the time between now and then will not be a lot of fun.   By any chance, do you do cross-stitch?  When I am out of town and can't work on my minis, I always have a cross-stitch rug I am working on for one of my houses.  That helps keep me from going through withdrawal.  

My ADHD and cross stitching dont get along. Ive tried so many times. I do like needlepoint. I just fill in the blobs of color which is much easier for me. I can crochet and have an afghan that’s been languishing so i can work on that. It’s also fun to research what I actually want to do in the house. Ive been looking up Federal era decor and am TOTALLY in love. I love all the clean lines of it so that’s been fun. Im a bit nervous about the lack of half scale furniture! If anyone knows where to look for that it would be appreciated!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1:12 furniture patterns can easily be reduced to 1:24 with graph paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SewMini said:

Im a bit nervous about the lack of half scale furniture! If anyone knows where to look for that it would be appreciated!

If you like Federal era, you could get some of the pieces from the Monticello Collection.  This isn't everything, but you might be able to find more on eBay and Etsy.  These pieces were actually sold for a while by the gift shop at Monticello (I bought some when they were doing a close-out).  I also tend to recommend Mountain Miniatures, as they have a good selection of nice half-scale pieces, although they tend to run more toward the Victorian.  Since you'll be in Europe, there are some good stores in the UK (A Trifle Small and Minimum World), and you could try furniture kits from Petite Properties.  There's also a lovely store in Germany, Small Dreams.  I've never bought from them, but they seem to have a nice selection of half scale.  And Holly is right--you can always make your own.  Sometimes, that's half the fun.   You'll do fine.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding to my half-scale furniture sources for Miranda:  Karen Benson has some half-scale furniture kits that could work in Federal style.  And Master Miniatures, in the UK, does 1:12 and 1:24 furniture in Georgian, Hepplewhite and Chippendale styles, which might work for you.  Pricier, but they look like really lovely pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been pouring, firing and cleaning porcelain. I poured a new mold I had bought, a Mrs. Claus. She has two different head choices, so cute, lots of character. Definitely puts me in the mood to build her a bakery. Wish I had more time to create, there just aren’t enough hours in the day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good Karin!!! I wish that days were more than 24 hours too !!!! 

I've finished my samples for my workshop at the Miniature show. Now time to go to something else, time is running out !!

 

IMG_8739 - Copie.JPG

Edited by Nathaliedollsmini
wrong picture uploaded
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...