What's everyone working on?

Just got back home from the Tom Bishop show.

Brae,

I want to thank you so much for taking time to help repair the B&B on Friday. You did an amazing job of puting the porch back together. I had most of the railing re-installed on Sunday and the electrical system was working once I re-attached the junction splice.

Beverly,

Thanks for watching my table so I could go sneak a peek at some of the other vendors. I was so busy with the large crowds all weekend that I didn't get to see much else.

The houses were clearly too far gone to sell, so the show was a bust. I won't waste the resources to transport the houses to anymore shows out of state. For anyone who hasn't heard, a car hit our trailer in Louisville while we were on our way to the show, nearly demolishing the B&B and heavily damaging the Tudor's framing. The drive back was so bumpy on the segmented sections of Interstate going through the larger cities that the trailer went into a series of rapid-fire bounces, knocking the B&B back off of it's foundation, ripping out all of the porch details from the storm gutters to the foundation. If I do attempt to repair it, I'll have to rebuild the entire foundation.

Oh, Jeremy, how awful! I hope after you've decompressed from the weekend and its surrounding adventures on the road that the problem won't look quite so daunting.

that suck's jeremy. i feel so sorry for what happened. but i would pursue it big time on their insurance. they will have to pay for the damage or replacement. doll house's like your's are classified as a work of art. i know, i had to get one into Canada, it went through custom's as a work of art duty free. YOU tell the insurance what the replacement cost is. if they don't agree, get a lawyer. you will get what you want out of this. i had to deal with insurance all the time in my big truck's...ron

Brae,

I want to thank you so much for taking time to help repair the B&B on Friday. You did an amazing job of puting the porch back together. I had most of the railing re-installed on Sunday and the electrical system was working once I re-attached the junction splice.

Jeremy, you are quite welcome. I was glad to help...I wish I could have done more. It was great seeing your work in person, though. Your craftsmanship really shines, even with the unfortunate damage from that idiot driver. I am glad you and your family made it home safely. Take care!

Jeremy, so very sorry to hear of your accident and the resulting damage to your houses. I work in insurance so if you've any questions, pm me I would be more than glad to help if I can. Ron is right in that houses like yours would be qualified as a work of art. Here's to crossing all of our fingers and hoping repairs will be able to be done and get them back to their glory...

Jeremy, I'm so sorry to hear about your houses. After so much incredible work to have something like that happen is awful. The only saving grace in all of this, is that it was the trailer that was hit and not your car...thank heaven you weren't hurt and that you're all right .

~Wing~

• Like 1

Jeremy ... I've just seen the photo of the damaged houses in the truck ... it's tragic. I'm so, so sorry. I'm sure that you're feeling quite disheartened just now. I hope that you can work your magic on them once more, in a while. :)

Thanks.

I'm unable to upload any more photos into my gallery. The new layout doesn't appear to be as user friendly as it once was. I hope to get it resolved soon. I have some eye candy from the other dollhouse displays too.

I got invites to shows in Philly and a few other places, but if I can't sell a house at Chicago I doubt I'll sell one anywhere.

I just got a call from my insurance company. Apparently the guy is saying its my fault he hit me.

That is ridiculous!!! Did he rear end you? I say, if he rear ended you that it is his fault and he shouldn't be a tailgating piece of..... :rant::bomb::rocket: RAWR!!!

I hope you get it sorted out. Someone definitely owed you money.

I'm glad I could help get help to you. I would have Genie-ed myself there if I could have. :)

The main section of the Spring Fling is together. I need to put on trim and a few small pieces, but I'm astounded by how easily it went together. I realized after it was together that I hadn't cut any doorways for the addition, but then I'm mulling over whether to flip it or not.

Sorry to hear about your accident, Jeremy. At least the person is admitting responsibility.

:construction: Can anyone help me with bricking the exterior of my Willow? Specifically, do I do the corners where two walls meet first and brick out from there? I bought the special corner bricks for that and reasoned that I'd do the corners first from top to bottom. What methods have any of you used for keeping the rows straight when you're working on a vertical surface? What would you suggest using as a spacer to make sure all the rows are the same distance apart? And lastly, I've ordered the mortar mix from HBS and it hasn't come yet, so right now I'm not sure if it comes with instructions on how to apply it, so I'm wondering would you try applying it only in the joints like regular mortar on a RL home or would you use it over the entire surface, wiping away the excess the way you would with RL grout on a tile floor? If I was making it for myself I think I'd probably just dive right in and fix any mistakes along the way, but I'm making this one for my friend's son (just did one for the daughter) and my mistakes put dents in her wallet since she's paying for the supplies, so I want to avoid as many missteps as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

~Wing~

• Like 1

The main section of the Spring Fling is together. I need to put on trim and a few small pieces, but I'm astounded by how easily it went together. I realized after it was together that I hadn't cut any doorways for the addition, but then I'm mulling over whether to flip it or not.

Sorry to hear about your accident, Jeremy. At least the person is admitting responsibility.

Actually, I got a call from my insurance company. The guy is trying to file a claim against my insurance! He's about to learn why you never try to mess with someone who works in the legal industry.

You go get the idiot, Jeremy! I just about cried when I saw what had happened to your houses!!!!!

On a happier and more friendly note, I though I would just bore you all with an update of my trip to Chicago!

Departed Syracuse, NY early on Sunday. Did not take any tools except my Ott light and darn if I did not get pulled out of the security line for extra screening. They apparently couldn't figure out what the light was so it had to be plugged in and then re-scanned! The flight to O'Hare was uneventful but the terminal was still a chaotic mess and traffic every which way. Luckily I traveled light and did not have to check an extra bag. The baggage claims area was about as far away from the main arrival area as it could be. I think the architects seriously take every effort to make the layouts as spread out and far from the next flight gate.

I found the shuttle for the hotel easily and then the hotel. Totally exhausted, tumbled into bed and tried to sleep cause I had an early wake-up for the first day of my 4-day class with Rik Pierce. His Rapunzel's Tower is probably the biggest build he has ever taught as a class and since he had not done this one before (nor will he be able to re-teach it for a year) there were some minor problems that kept Rik on the fly as we dealt with the build and kept us on schedule. We had quite a discussion on the real story of Rapunzal and figured out that we would need to find a pregnant Rapunzal for the upper tower room. A witch to stand between her and her prince and a rather sleazy prince! We worked from 8 to 9 or 10 and I was one tired puppy by the end of the second day. This was going to be a large package to ship home. No way was I going to get this on an airplane!

My second class was a half-day class with Deb Mackie of White Horse Studio and learning to redo a Beyer horse. She makes it seem so easy, but my effort to re-mane and re-tail gave my poor little guy a really bad hair day! I will be doing a re-work when I have the time. One added comment, she provided one of the most complete tools and supply packages for each of us that I have ever seen in all the years I have been going to shows and taking classes. I was most impressed with her preparation for the class.

On Friday afternoon managed to get the unfinished tower, base and extra Paper Clay all packed up, and with the help of the hotel's shipping department, got it on it's way home.

Attended the evening preview and managed to find a few things on my shopping list but most of the stuff was fiddly little things, which I certainly could appreciate, but not something I was looking for! I got the lights I needed for Rapunzel's Tower from Ray Story and a couple of sweet baskets for the Medieval Cottage Tower. Also saw some medieval lights I will order as well later. Found two miniature boxer dogs from Karl Blindheim and added them to my collection. Also found an exquisite white Chinosirie chest on legs that I will use in the Montclair and a Comb Back Windsor Rocker that was a complete surprise. Did a final memorial run about the room and sighed over pieces at the Sobel's table, Lady Janes, Whitledge/Burgess as well as Acquisto Silvers, but the budget said no! Did a quick spin around the doll room and saw several really nice pieces but did not buy anything there either. Saw several campers but really was really running so did not have time for much talking. Did look for but never found the Camp get together.

On Saturday did the IMA in the morning and the Three Blind Mice Show in the afternoon. There were changes in how the buses were run and a big disconnect between the two shows. Wound up waiting nearly two hours before I made it to the Three Blind Mice. I found a bunch of tiny lead dragons at Mesh Metals, Nova can led lights at The Lighting Bug and a darling little bird's nest and wasp nest.

Sunday slept in and then finished packing, had a late breakfast then headed for the airport. Checking in there was a little more complicated then via Syracuse and my first experience with the big body scanner. Hope I didn't traumatize the viewer in hi/her little room!

All in all I was impressed with the whole affair. The show was overwhelming, I could have spent hours more but I went in with a shopping list and with the exception of one thing stuck to what was on it. I did not find the beautiful bed I was looking for, but there is still time before I need to get serious. The hotel staff was wonderful and very service oriented. The food was well prepare but not exotic and room service timely. I especially wanted to give a positive report on their shipping department. They worked with me to get my behemoth shipped home and miracle of miracles it arrived this afternoon five days after it was shipped. I was not expecting it for at least another week. Now to unpack everything and get it set up on its work stand. OMG!!! Another unfinished project!!!!!!!

There are also pictures of the Rapunzel's Tower in my albums , link below. First part shows

Rik's version so you can see what I hope to be working towards!

<br />Actually, I got a call from my insurance company.  The guy is trying to file a claim against my insurance!  He's about to learn why you never try to mess with someone who works in the legal industry.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The guy is toast! I got a degree as a paralegal, and that's enough to give them grief. He'll never know what hit him (which is kind of how you felt).

Finally have been able to get some mini work done. I missed this forum so much! Even if I don't have time to post anything it's so inspiring to hear what other people are doing (not to mention the great pictures). I was able to get most of my kitchen wing done. Glued up the floor, wallpapered, siding and installed the bay window. I love how it came out! Just now my camera is among the missing. Hope to post some pictures tomorrow!

I'm very sorry to hear about the car accident Jeremy got into. Thank goodness no one was injured! I certainly hope you get all the insurance stuff straightened out. People drive so crazy!

OMG Jeremy..ohhh nooooeeeee...:yikes:your beautiful houses, ACK ...I am so sorry that happened to you. PLEEESE get those things insured, OK...they're so precious..and ol Mr.Murphy puts his law into effect when you can least expect it. I sure hope you can repair the damage :(

Update on Moggie Manor: I've made some great strides in the past few weeks. I have all the rooms wallpapered except for the upper hallway, and the dining salon. Floors all done in the d.r., l.r., Ian's room, and one hallway. I changed the bathroom wall..adding a real life wallpaper border, and it's really pretty.

I took advantage of the big HBS sale, to order a total bedroom set for Pella's bedroom (the Sullivan set, two bedside tables, bed, wardrobe, dresser, and a chair.). I also ordered a dining room set for the dining salon..and splurged on the JBM Treasure Cabinet..the one will all the cool little drawers..

Casey, I'm using your tutorial to make a bed for Tinntabula's bedroom..thanks so much for putting in that tut, and thanks for the pleating tutorial too! It's awesome! I went out and got my ceiling tile this afternoon and a gazillion pins, so I'm all set to pleat my widdle heart out, LOL!

By the end of next month, I'll have the baseboards on, and the ceilings and crown moldings in. THEN I can put on the front doors..and really get to the fun (this is the part I've really looked forward to) stuff...making all the cool little doodads that make a house a home.

post-5739-0-36305400-1302841827_thumb.jp

I just threw in the pic of the bathroom, to see if I could finally put in a pic. Just noticed..this pic doesn't include the new bathroom floor...I went to Home Depot and found a beautiful bronze marble tile, that matched the brownish tones in the border PERFECTLY! I love that wallpaper border.

No ceiling finished yet, and I need baseboards..and THEN I'm going to save up for a Bespaq bathroom set..it should only take me a few years, HAHAHA! I want one of those sets so bad it hurts. Funny how we can become obsessed with something...dunno why I crave that set so bad..

HEY, Spring is actually just around the corner here! I think we might actually be DONE WITH SNOW! It's not warm yet, but I'll take anything above 25 degrees, and I can even tolerate rain if it doesn't degenerate into snow!

In Real Life, I've had some drama going on...so I haven't been on as much as usual...I sure missed you guys! Jeremy, I almost forgot to say I'm glad no one was hurt in that accident!

Hugs to all..

J

Thanks.

I'm unable to upload any more photos into my gallery. The new layout doesn't appear to be as user friendly as it once was. I hope to get it resolved soon. I have some eye candy from the other dollhouse displays too.

I got invites to shows in Philly and a few other places, but if I can't sell a house at Chicago I doubt I'll sell one anywhere.

I just got a call from my insurance company. Apparently the guy is saying its my fault he hit me.

i'm sorry to hear what happened and wish you the best of luck.. hope to hear good news in the end..

and i'd like to see the eye candy.. i couldn't upload pics either, i'll try again after i make a little more progress over the weekend..

Who got the ticket, Jeremy? If the other guy got it..then it's his fault. You can sue that insurance company to get them to pay. ALL insurance companies are trying to wiggle out of anything and everything these days..sometimes people just don't fight it. Depends on how feisty the person is..and what kind of person the agent is....as to whether you get compensation for it.

OMG Jeremy..ohhh nooooeeeee...:yikes:your beautiful houses, ACK ...I am so sorry that happened to you. PLEEESE get those things insured, OK...they're so precious..and ol Mr.Murphy puts his law into effect when you can least expect it. I sure hope you can repair the damage :(

Update on Moggie Manor: I've made some great strides in the past few weeks. I have all the rooms wallpapered except for the upper hallway, and the dining salon. Floors all done in the d.r., l.r., Ian's room, and one hallway. I changed the bathroom wall..adding a real life wallpaper border, and it's really pretty.

I took advantage of the big HBS sale, to order a total bedroom set for Pella's bedroom (the Sullivan set, two bedside tables, bed, wardrobe, dresser, and a chair.). I also ordered a dining room set for the dining salon..and splurged on the JBM Treasure Cabinet..the one will all the cool little drawers..

Casey, I'm using your tutorial to make a bed for Tinntabula's bedroom..thanks so much for putting in that tut, and thanks for the pleating tutorial too! It's awesome! I went out and got my ceiling tile this afternoon and a gazillion pins, so I'm all set to pleat my widdle heart out, LOL!

By the end of next month, I'll have the baseboards on, and the ceilings and crown moldings in. THEN I can put on the front doors..and really get to the fun (this is the part I've really looked forward to) stuff...making all the cool little doodads that make a house a home.

post-5739-0-36305400-1302841827_thumb.jp

I just threw in the pic of the bathroom, to see if I could finally put in a pic. Just noticed..this pic doesn't include the new bathroom floor...I went to Home Depot and found a beautiful bronze marble tile, that matched the brownish tones in the border PERFECTLY! I love that wallpaper border.

No ceiling finished yet, and I need baseboards..and THEN I'm going to save up for a Bespaq bathroom set..it should only take me a few years, HAHAHA! I want one of those sets so bad it hurts. Funny how we can become obsessed with something...dunno why I crave that set so bad..

HEY, Spring is actually just around the corner here! I think we might actually be DONE WITH SNOW! It's not warm yet, but I'll take anything above 25 degrees, and I can even tolerate rain if it doesn't degenerate into snow!

In Real Life, I've had some drama going on...so I haven't been on as much as usual...I sure missed you guys! Jeremy, I almost forgot to say I'm glad no one was hurt in that accident!

Hugs to all..

J

Jeanne, I am lovin' that mural, did you make that yourself?