What's everyone working on?

3 hours ago, SewMini said:

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm still here! I've just had a rough couple weeks that included things like my grandmother passing away and me being put on a heart monitor for a month. Super fun times!  I'm hoping to get back to the Casa soon. I have to get a pageant dress done first. *sigh* I'm loving all the photos, though!

So sorry for your loss Miranda.. and Yikes! That heart issue doesn't sound great... maybe stress? I hope your doctors figure out what the issue is soon and get you on the road to recovery. We've missed you! :)

What has the heart monitor showed?  I have a pacemaker, upon which I am dependent to live, and I no longer have any stamina compared to what I used to have; but I keep at things with the occasional nap as necessary; and I still hike, ride my trike and paddle my kayak; just not as far.

I'm still on the monitor. I've only been on it for a little over a week so I've got about 3 weeks left to go. What brought this all on is that I've pretty regularly been having palpitations and I just feel winded and tired doing regular things. About a month ago, I was in Target and had a really hard palp followed by a few smaller ones and then I got really dizzy and mentally foggy. I immediately went home. It took about an hour for that to pass. I went to the doctor the next day and we thought maybe it was my allergies/asthma and dehydration. The next week, I was sitting on my couch watching a show about the Tower of London when my heart started repeatedly skipping beats and doing it in doubles (two palpitations one right after another). I sat and monitored it for a bit but then I started having chest pains so I went to the ER. They were able to catch the palps on the EKG and said they were benign but asked me to go see my doc. She ordered a stress ECG and the heart monitor. The stress ECG was normal and showed no blockages (though I only did two levels of it instead of 3 and I had a bit of a time getting my BP to come back down). I have to ping the monitor at least once a day. When I feel bad, my heart rate isn't super high (usually about 90-118) but it's high enough that it makes me tired and lightheaded. Yesterday I did myself in cleaning house and it took about 3 hours to recover from that. The best I can usually manage when I get bad like that is to just lay down.

1 hour ago, Sable said:

I was in Pier One today and fell in love with this lantern. I've been working on it all afternoon. Destroyed my house in the process while looking for stuff to fill it with.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=7964

I would say you have had a very productive day!! It is lovely.

I have been humming "Working on the Chain Gang" all day....  painting trim, railings, windows and doors....rinse repeat:eek:  So tedious.

I started wallpapering and had a Godzilla moment. I slipped on paper that was lying on the my tile floor while my head was halfway inside the house .I broke through the bottom floor of the dollhouse house. Good thing the flooring is not installed.

12 hours ago, Sable said:

I was in Pier One today and fell in love with this lantern. I've been working on it all afternoon. Destroyed my house in the process while looking for stuff to fill it with.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=7964

That is just begging for a tiny cup of tea!

11 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I would say you have had a very productive day!! It is lovely.

I have been humming "Working on the Chain Gang" all day....  painting trim, railings, windows and doors....rinse repeat:eek:  So tedious.

I started wallpapering and had a Godzilla moment. I slipped on paper that was lying on the my tile floor while my head was halfway inside the house .I broke through the bottom floor of the dollhouse house. Good thing the flooring is not installed.

Oh no, Carrie! So sorry to hear about your slip. Hopefully you can repair the floor easily.

Miranda - my prayers are with you! I am so glad that you got in to get it checked out so quickly - this is the world's best reason to avoid house work so let yourself have a break! Hope you find some time for mini joy, too!

Carrie - OMG! I hope you didn't get hurt in the process, too!  What a great attitude, and "Godzilla Moment" is a perfect visual, LOL!

Thankfully it was not the second floor. It splintered along the spot where the stairs are suppose to go. It shouldn't be noticeable with flooring. My pride was hurt more than anything........so I had to laugh at myself!

• Like 4

On 5/20/2017, 8:03:31, SewMini said:

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm still here! I've just had a rough couple weeks that included things like my grandmother passing away and me being put on a heart monitor for a month. Super fun times!  I'm hoping to get back to the Casa soon. I have to get a pageant dress done first. *sigh* I'm loving all the photos, though!

So sorry to hear this!  Sorry for the loss of your grandmother and sorry for your health issues.  I hope they can figure out what's wrong and that it's something easily fixable.  Hoping for a speedy recovery so you can get your energy back!

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Thankfully it was not the second floor. It splintered along the spot where the stairs are suppose to go. It shouldn't be noticeable with flooring. My pride was hurt more than anything........so I had to laugh at myself!

Glad you are OK and glad your floor will recover.  I'm kind of klutzy, so I really empathize when something like this happens. :)

Hi yall, I have been reduced to the lurking status...love seeing all the new work and informative answers to the many questions!

I myself had the gransnman move about mmmmm 90% of all my craft things to the downstairs room where the ever patient hubby took the carpet off for me and hung shelves to realise before me that...that room was not going to make me happy...sigh...I know:dunno::cry::oops:

sooooooo he and the grans have moved all my things back up to the loft of the rental and I am about 75% finished putting it back together...the main problem being that I have NOOOOOO idea where all the stuff in the boxes came from....I even have another large shelving unit and I cant get it all back in place...my tetris skills are being CHALLENGED!  when I opted to put my work station right in front of the ginormas window that overlooks the desert...I lost the utility shelf I usually keep above me and my wall space I use to pin stuffs too...snif...the view makes up for it!!.....but its a corner and the other side has the same size window...it is covered with tapestry andmy milk crates top my 6ft table so its a shelf of sorts...not quite where I want to put my half scale kits...:blahblah1:

I may have come up with a solution so thats where I am...

for the mini's that walk in my world I have been turning the den into a nannies nook complete with Truffula Trees...lol...

today I washed all my daughters(20yrold) Barbies and clothing along with furniture to be put in the shelf that we are using for a barbie house...nothing fancy yet...but Miss O Barbie house in my head is amazing....lol....hopefully next time I check in I will have photos and some building news...:construction:

Im still here!:batman:

• Like 3

i am so behind in keeping up here as we have beenaway for a few days (Enjoying a few days in Italy) so Afcourse I have My Box of fun things to keep me occupied with while hubby is out riding his bike. (That was the purpose for the trip to start with, a race called Nove Colli) so this is what I have been doing. The oval basket is Done on a thin piece of plywood and I kind of like e way it came out. Gives me more ideas to try out too. large.IMG_0464.JPG.2a8927978ff079adcea81oing:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

How thin was your base, Anna?  I wasn't happy working with card when I made my table & chairs:

the wicker dining set

I use card that is actually thicker than the plywood when making the pet beds, the plywood is apprx 1mm Think which is apprx 3/64" according to the converter. The tape measure with both scales are at home :) 

31 minutes ago, Anna said:

I use card that is actually thicker than the plywood when making the pet beds, the plywood is apprx 1mm Think which is apprx 3/64" according to the converter. The tape measure with both scales are at home :) 

Approximately 1/16"; thank you!  I knew there had to be something better! for a table top.

• Like 1

I have made little progress on the New Orleans, too. The last seven weekends have been crazy busy helping my parents, having Mother's Day and camping with my poor overworked husband. I leave tomorrow for two weeks to help move my parents into their new retirement home in AZ and when I get back there is another Father's Day camping trip to do. My fantasies these days are of running away with my minis where no one can find me for a few weeks. Sounds selfish, I know, but I need some mini therapy me time!

Picture1.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roxxie2 said:

I completed my Fairfield Half Scale house!   ( Well, not always complete I always find things to add!) 
Please view in my blog.  Thank you for looking!

I just had a lot of fun looking at your pictures.  The resin furniture seems to fit very well in the  Fairfield.  I think I read somewhere that it's on the smaller end of half-scale (could be wrong on that), so the rooms don't look crowded.  (Did you just get your kitchen pieces on eBay?  I see a sale that was ended earlier this month.)   A nice selection of items, and very pretty finishes on the floors and walls.  Great job!  You must be so pleased and happy with the result, especially after all the hard work you put in on it.  :)

• Like 2

I had fun with this one ( minus the cussing!)   lol     I actually had some of the resin furniture from my Mom and bought some more online here and there.  They seem to fit pretty well.  I am not too fussy about exact measurements as long as the pieces all fit together from one to the other.  You know what I mean?   I think they are probably a little too small but I liked how they looked in this little Victorian.    I won't be using these in my Rosedale ( half scale) that I want to do next.   I do like the half scale but it is hard to find things to fit.  The kitchen is going to be a challenge.  Thank you for looking at my photos! 

• Like 1