What's everyone working on?

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

When I was working I used to get those!  Caffeine cleared them up.

It's not lack of caffeine for me since I always have a cup by my side. I think it's dehydration, in my case.  

Yikes those Occular Migranes look scary! 

Nutti - hate to hear you are in such pain...can't be good knowing you're still reliant on meds. 

Kelly- I too have been struggling with scaling down photos to upload here. I found an online editor, I could open the file there, and chose save, and there's a scale slider for 'quality' that lets you slide it down and save it as a smaller photo.  https://pixlr.com/editor/

I got a Chopper II so I could cut these Formica tiles - for the Foyer. I have started gluing them and so far they look great! 

large.tiling.jpg.8ed6f8fe309ecd8302901e1

• Like 2

Thanks, Heidi, I have an online image editor. I'm just to lazy to use it. I also can't figure out why my camera is all of a sudden taking such huge photos. As far as I know, I haven't changed any settings. I love your tiles, by the way. I always wished I could do the same pattern with Lawbre's red floor tile, but I'm afraid I'd mess up and that tile is too expensive now to mess up on.

I don't get ocular migraines. I just had a vitreous detachment of the macula. Went in, had it checked, and the retina is fine, which is all I care about.

It's only 8:30 here, feels like midnight, and I'm debating whether or not I should start on the roof of the Glencroft. I'm yawning like crazy. Maybe I should just go to bed.

Mother of Mercy, now photobucket is uploading, but not to the folder I want to upload to. It uploads my photos to a basic folder, then I have to move them. Anyway, hereare a couple and I apologize in advance for how large they are.

This is the bedroom with the extended floor and no window seat:

Picture%20011.jpg

This is the front of the upper window:

Picture%20012.jpg

I want everyone to know, between Christmas prep, my husband deciding to renovate the kitchen, I've had ten minutes to work on my Winter House since September I did get to invite a friend over and we made tiny xmas cookies - did u know you can use a hole punch on polymer clay?

so usually at 5:30 am when I wake up and lay in bed wishing I could sleep I've been keeping up with everyone's projects!  Such great projects!

so - wishing you all a great new year!

son in law came this weekend and he and my husband came up with a kitchen island plan .... I may never miniature again ....

3 hours ago, smjsome said:

son in law came this weekend and he and my husband came up with a kitchen island plan .... I may never miniature again ....

Think of it as an alternate place to work on polyclay. :) 

Happy New Year everyone!

Nutti, hope you feel better soon!

Sharon, at least you get a new kitchen!

Loving all of the great work on everyone's projects! Way to start a new year off! I made a lot of progress today! Got the planks on 4 out of 6 pieces for the art studio, and made new sub-floors and ceilings for the yellow house. I got most of them glued in, but will have to make a trip to town for more Weldbond before I can finish. I fiddled with some exterior trims on the yellow house today for what seemed like forever. No much to show for it, really, and realized I cut and glued on corner trim before I should have.I figure a few more days off, and the yellow house interior should be (FINALLY) ready to start decorating.   

OK, it's official. Dollhouses are from the devil.

As most of you know, I made a little alcove in that boxed-in space between the front door and the kitchen of the Glencroft. For anyone one else who is thinking of doing this, just don't. What a nightmare.

I was planning on getting the roof on the Glencroft today but before I could do that, I had to make a little box to go in the alcove. So I did. And then I had visions of trying to decorate the little box while it was in the alcove and promptly woke up from that nightmare. So now I have to wait for the glue to dry before I can spackle the little box and then I have to wait for the spackle to dry before I prime the box and then I have to wait for the primer to dry before I decorate the box. Then I can finally put the box in the alcove. All this before the roof goes on.

On top of everything else, I had visions of this little box sliding down the alcove one day and me having to take the roof apart to retrieve it. Sooooo....tonight I took two pieces of wood and glued them on the inside of the alcove so the box has something to rest on.

I got one small piece of roof on over the bathroom.

I think I'm going to run away from home.

3 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

OK, it's official. Dollhouses are from the devil. ... I was planning on getting the roof on the Glencroft today but before I could do that ... I think I'm going to run away from home.

Kelly, it's the old As Soon As syndrome, an integral part of the miniature world. If you decide to run away from home, my bet is on you packing up your minis to take with you. :D 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

OK, it's official. Dollhouses are from the devil.

As most of you know, I made a little alcove in that boxed-in space between the front door and the kitchen of the Glencroft. For anyone one else who is thinking of doing this, just don't. What a nightmare.

I was planning on getting the roof on the Glencroft today but before I could do that, I had to make a little box to go in the alcove. So I did. And then I had visions of trying to decorate the little box while it was in the alcove and promptly woke up from that nightmare. So now I have to wait for the glue to dry before I can spackle the little box and then I have to wait for the spackle to dry before I prime the box and then I have to wait for the primer to dry before I decorate the box. Then I can finally put the box in the alcove. All this before the roof goes on.

On top of everything else, I had visions of this little box sliding down the alcove one day and me having to take the roof apart to retrieve it. Sooooo....tonight I took two pieces of wood and glued them on the inside of the alcove so the box has something to rest on.

I got one small piece of roof on over the bathroom.

I think I'm going to run away from home.

:rofl::rofl:

I'm hanging around the forum like a bad smell... major case of procrastination.... I'm supposed to be working on my mini stove and a bump out fireplace for the San Franciscan.

It's my last day off before returning to work, so I'm blaming the depression... :D

20 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I'm hanging around the forum like a bad smell... major case of procrastination.... I'm supposed to be working on my mini stove and a bump out fireplace for the San Franciscan.

It's my last day off before returning to work, so I'm blaming the depression... :D

Don't call it procrastination ... call it research, a valid squandering use of your time. :D 

The art studio is totally planked! It went much faster and easier than I was expecting. I have a new batch of vinegar stain working in the garage, and will hopefully get it all sanded on my next day off. It should be a fairly quick build...hahaha!

I bought more glue today, but ran out of time to use it.  Now I can't make up my mind about walls for the yellow house. I think I'll get floors and ceilings done, then make some decisions.

So I gave myself a good talking to and overcame the procrastination to finish off egg carton bricking the walls of the San Franciscan's Fireplace Hearth. I still need to do the floor, then paint, then seal, then grout.... phew.. I still have lots to do!:crazyeyes:

Just noticed it looks a little off in the picture. I think (I hope!!!) it's because I don't have the wall square in this mock up.

San Franciscan First Floor Fireplace_Compressed.jpg

3 hours ago, Samusa said:

So I gave myself a good talking to and overcame the procrastination to finish off egg carton bricking the walls of the San Franciscan's Fireplace Hearth. I still need to do the floor, then paint, then seal, then grout.... phew.. I still have lots to do!:crazyeyes:

Just noticed it looks a little off in the picture. I think (I hope!!!) it's because I don't have the wall square in this mock up.

San Franciscan First Floor Fireplace_Compressed.jpg

Looks great Samantha! I'm going to do egg carton bricks under my porch on my exterior :-p I think you've got the proportions right too! 

47 minutes ago, aussieguy84 said:

Looks great Samantha! I'm going to do egg carton bricks under my porch on my exterior :-p I think you've got the proportions right too! 

Thank you Scott. :) 

It took a good 5 hours.. :eek:  This was a good small test project though. It took so long because I built the box first and then bricked it.... Silly.. It was hard to work within the little walls. And I couldn't draw guidelines. Wont do that again!.. Now that I have the process down I think it will go a lot quicker in the future.

Sadly most of this will be covered up with a grate and flickering fire, but at least I'll know it's there.... :D

spent 3 or 4 hours working in the nice...cleaning mostly and re arranging and getting ready to resume a project...as we know...I have to many to chose from...

I have to finish cleaning all the bits and doodads off my main working table it is much to cluttered for me to concentrate on anything...lol,...did manage to get rid of a garbage bag full of stuff...and not all of it wrapping paper...lol...Im almost able to pull out the MHM for one last set of photos as I try to send it on its way elsewhere....ooo dear Albie how I long to see you gone....it could have been and will be an awesome house...but for some other person....bubye...

Mod Podge Collage Clay....anyone try it? just say it tonight on a Dollar Tree project list and WELL....they are using it like icing comes with 3 tips!!!

its now on my list to check out! 

Roxy--

I used the hutch from the living room kit.  Picture attached, although it's not a great picture (sorry).  To be honest, I was going to use the coffee table, too, but decided I didn't like it, and ended up ordering a kit from Etsy.  I am also using some of the accessory pieces from the bathroom set in the bathroom, but I haven't put them together yet.  It's on the to-do list.  The furniture fits well, but I think it's a bit clunky looking.

GreenleafBookcase3.jpg.d651f1377efcffa54

• Like 1

That's what I thought.  I once tried to make the 1/12 scale kitchen and it didn't end well.   I was looking for kits on Etsy and Ebay this morning but didn't come up with anything.
I will keep looking.   I didn't know that half scale furnishings were so scarce.   I love the house and have wanted to try it forever.  Santa heard me and brought it for me.  I want to make it nice.