What's everyone working on?

Just uploaded a new album(worked on the first try, so grateful for that) of my 1:144 Fan House. Finished it today, other than the matter I'm contemplating adding an LED bulb or two into it to light up the inside and make it more easily seen. Have also with-in the last couple of days started work on another rehab. This one is a RGT Plum Pudding painted in the original purple color scheme they had shown on the box. Not a fan of unrealistic paint jobs -- and I just can't see a purple roof... Sooo, this got sanded down some to provide more tooth so I can glue on some fresh siding and shingles. Will be going for more of a classic white with green shutters I think, like an older farmhouse. Not sure as yet where I'm going with the interior.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minikelli said:

Just uploaded a new album(worked on the first try, so grateful for that) of my 1:144 Fan House. Finished it today, other than the matter I'm contemplating adding an LED bulb or two into it to light up the inside and make it more easily seen. Have also with-in the last couple of days started work on another rehab. This one is a RGT Plum Pudding painted in the original purple color scheme they had shown on the box. Not a fan of unrealistic paint jobs -- and I just can't see a purple roof... Sooo, this got sanded down some to provide more tooth so I can glue on some fresh siding and shingles. Will be going for more of a classic white with green shutters I think, like an older farmhouse. Not sure as yet where I'm going with the interior.

I saw your house in your album Kelli. It's really beautiful!

Some of these in the pico size would work great in your house. I used some in my ryokan, and they really put out a lot of light. If you get the three volt size, with the little coin battery holder, they would be really easy to use. They are so tiny that you can put them anywhere!

Here is the kit with coin cell holder and switch. You can use more than one chip per battery holder.

I had already built this little lantern, and was sorry it wasn't lit. Then I found these little chip lights, and they fit right in through one of the tiny holes!

large.57eaed0413372_mossylantern.jpg.94a

• Like 2

Been working on shingles and more trim. Then after looking at front of house, I kept thinking...something seems off. I forgot the bottom windows trim. Lol. Fifteen more to cut, shape and paint.  I glue them on tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow I will also have shingles done. I need to buy more paint and some kind of sealer.My goal is to have it finished by November 1st. Unfortunately since the bay windows were not  perfect, I have a lot of tweaking to do otherwise I would have been done sooner.

Thanks so much Kathi!  :flowers:  Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure those are the lights I have -- just have to dig them out of my stash. I'd like to see it lit up though, b/c the papers and flooring really don't show up well at all when taking pics, even when using a flash.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, minikelli said:

Thanks so much Kathi!  :flowers:  Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure those are the lights I have -- just have to dig them out of my stash. I'd like to see it lit up though, b/c the papers and flooring really don't show up well at all when taking pics, even when using a flash.

I hope they are Kelli, because they work so well in tiny spaces! The pico size are so tiny that you can barely see them on the ends of the hair like wires. It's a bit of a pain working with the wires because they are so tiny, but it's definitely worth it. Your house will look so cute lit up!

Yeah, I like those little people, too!

I was going through my box of furniture yesterday and found an old living room set I thought I'd tossed. It's perfect for the Glencroft. I tried using it in a different house before, and I even know the wallpaper it will go with. The problem? It's not French furniture. So I guess the French house will be the Willowcrest and the Glencroft has now reverted back to being the Teaberrry, the English country cottage.

I'm still keeping the center hall though, so I can have a second bedroom.

Don't you hate it when dollhouses get their own way about things?

Finally got the tower roof shingle and painted.  I did not do a perfect job on them. I had the entire surface measured yet when I got to the top,i was off.  My phrase for this house (San Fran 555) is..I am over it.  :crazyeyes:    it's good enough for me.  Lol. Got the bottom window trim on. Third floor wall glued and trimmed. Sealed the stone foundation. Tomorrow I am working on cutting the roof shingles. I hope to have the entire house roof finished. Then work on any clean ups. Hopefully have it done before the first of November. With any luck too, have it sold. Then I can start on my rehab house. :cucumber:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

...Don't you hate it when dollhouses get their own way about things?

I have learned that the kit knows best what it wants. 

Theres, your tower shingling job looks fr superior to the way my SF555 turned out!

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I have learned that the kit knows best what it wants. 

Theres, your tower shingling job looks fr superior to the way my SF555 turned out!

Thanks! I spent 2 days on it. Think I am going to get some toy train moss stuff ( or something else if any suggestions) and add it to the upper part of the tower. Just don't like the look of the shingles there.

5 minutes ago, thresadep said:

Thanks! I spent 2 days on it. Think I am going to get some toy train moss stuff ( or something else if any suggestions) and add it to the upper part of the tower. Just don't like the look of the shingles there.

I simulated seagull splats on my lighthouse roof using white & black acrylic paint out of the tube:

lantern room with roof

• Like 1

LOL Holly- truly realistic!

And in case anyone was wondering....I am still around (just dealing with life stuff w/ my aging parents), and yes, I am STILL scraping off paint from the Christmas Putz!  LOL  I feel like I've been doing nothing but scraping paint for weeks!  I did manage to get a coat of primer on the base this weekend....but that dang old green paint is being a bugger so I think it will need another coat of primer wherever I plan on changing the color from the green back to white.  I don't know what that stuff was, but sheesh!  Gooey, nasty to get off!

Prepping the interior of the little house has also been a challenge this week- tons of tiny nails! :eek:  The builder used tulle netting over each of the windows on the inside - and secured it into place with about 6 nails per window!! Ack!!   Monotonous and fiddly to be sure.  Just making any sort of progress, however, is reassuring as my Christmas deadline looms closer each passing week!

• Like 1

Could of sworn I posted to this thread yesterday, and apparently I never hit the "Submit Reply" button. Oops!

Anyways, first Theresa I'm in agreement with Holly on your roof -- I think it looks good! In regards to what I've managed yesterday I managed to get the siding on the second side of the Plum Pudding rehab. I also got the directions for the current build of the Plum Pudding from RGT so that I could see what parts are missing from the kit that I have. As mentioned I knew I was missing the interior walls, but didn't know the measurements -- now that I've got the parts list I can fabricate those myself.

It's not a mini coffee table, but I'm working on a RL one. The leg on our family room pine coffee table just fell off. The bracket needed to be adjusted a long time ago. "A stitch in time saves nine."

Anyway, over the years it's been massively abused, I allow feet on it, I've painted and sanding minies on it, we occasionally eat off it while watching tv. So, today I'm regluing the bracket's brace, installing toothpicks in the screw holes, inserting longer screws and sanding and applying a fresh coat of poly on the top. I'm so grateful I've learned so many mini skills that can be used in real life.

• Like 2

I check in every few days, but have been sucked away from minis by real world work - I love reading about all the fun you guys have been having. This last spring we were hit by a giant storm which did so much damage to the exterior of our house, house and exterior buildings roof, siding on the house, ect.  It's been so much, but, it could have been worse.  We started a partial reno of our kitchen, etc, etc.

but today!  I escaped real world 1:1 work and hid in my space - this summer I found this tree stump for $15 while "junking"  I was told the lady who owned the Mini Temptations store in Kansas City which is now closed owned or made, or in some way was connected to the stump.

anyway, today I had no one here at the house, no decisions to be made, no painting or sanding to do.  

This stumps "skin" was fragile and came off, so I took the opportunity to run some battery fairy lights into it, and made some tiny steps from bottom to 2nd floor.  The exterior steps for 2nd floor to roof I moved some of the broken "fungus" and I will try to figure out a way to connect them.  I had picked up some bits and pieces after I found the stump.  I plan on making a fancy bed for the 2nd story, don't think there's gonna b room for a bathroom.

I used air dry clay in the broken areas and tried blending it in, so far, I am happy with it. I have to figure out the garden area, not sure how that's gonna work.  I'd love a water feature, but I'm pondering that for now.

I was actually in the attic today for 12 hours, just realized that and came down.  Real life calls.it could be weeks again before I have any time, but I will be reading and checking in - thank you guys!

• Like 1

It's Done!  The Victoriana Rehab/Bash is done!  :cucumber:

Now I just need to fill it with furnishings.  But that will be a slow process and I acquire and build items.  I've added pictures to the Album!  

Now on to the next project!

• Like 1

hi all..Ive been lurking as wedding has taken over my world but in between this crisis and that project I am still painting on the Queen...the more I cover the more it needs lol...I am loving it ...not the doing...it is a daunting task...finished another of the lower double windows and tried out some dove grey on the porch floor...just a contrast...I found another bag of shells in my stash making my total 3 bags so Im thinking I can get at least the front base covered...Id be more comfortable starting the project with 4 bags....as I was painting the porch it occurred to me that I may want to put down a wood floor and white wash it...but as I told my friend...it took me a yr to decide to paint it white...and covering the pink and turquoise has been challenging...of course the correct way to do what Im doing would have been to remove all the porch rails...but you know me always need the instant gratification...tomorrow all the tape comes off... 

Wedding is Nov 4th so I may put some fall stuffs on it for me and call it good till after......there are more then 15 windows and most of them have to be painted while standing and bent over ...just a smidge...just enough to make those abs burn...lol...I now have 5 windows done...saving grace on the windows is the house is pre acetate windows...so they are hard and allows the paint to be gently scraped away with my nail...would that make my Queen 20 yrs old?

I enjoy coming in and seeing all the good stuffs...hopefully after Christmas my world will go back to normal and I can post more often and actually have something to post...

:peace::peace: