What's everyone working on?

Playing with the Idea of a mini Kitty Tardis, lime the colour a LOT more as well as the interior fabric. Still need to clean it up a little with the fabric edges and such, add a toy or two. Have a sonic screwdriver charm I might end up using.

large.image.jpg.900dbbb6688528a8ab0a17a7

• Like 2

20 hours ago, havanaholly said:

No, some of Narcissa Thorne's rooms had entry doors towards the rear of the box.

Thanks, Holly.  I so carefully masked out the shape of the Yorktown door and 2 windows, and was devastated to see they were upside down for my original layout. :grrr:  I will just turn the floorplan around and keep going. 

2 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

I will just turn the floorplan around and keep going. 

Good plan!

I spent all day shingling the French Country. The house itself - without the 2 side extensions - was mostly done. The 2 sides needed finishing and that went quick. The angles at the corners were the time consuming part. 

It was a really nice day, upper 70's so I took the 2 side extensions outside and did them and I could sit - which made a lot of difference. Just about all is done, I will need to remove and redo a few shingles on the house itself and then I'll be ready to paint it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

Thanks, Holly.  I so carefully masked out the shape of the Yorktown door and 2 windows, and was devastated to see they were upside down for my original layout. :grrr:  I will just turn the floorplan around and keep going. 

Good for you Claudia! It is devastating when something like that happens, but sometimes it turns out to be a perfect situation! I bet it is going to look amazing, no matter where the door is!

• Like 1

Well today I sanded my spackle skim coats on the interior walls and I think I spackled the wrong side of one of them.  When I do another dry fit for the stairs before gluing it up (I still have to skim coat the ceiling) I'll see if I can get away with leaving that wall inside out; not that it matters a hole lot, as I'll be spackling the exterior for some sort of tone or plaster finish, and the flaws on that piece all seem to be on the side I spackled, so I can just prime the "good" side with gesso and be good to go.

Not so much mini-ing as I would have liked to of done the last couple days... due to frying my laptop and having to get on a new one and try to transfer what I could pic/file wise from it. I did however get my roof top done, sandpaper painted black and sealed last night with matte primer. I've also done some spackle on a couple of floors to finish up the corners. Funny b/c I'll be using wallpaper liner on the majority of the house to really make it look smooth and finished -- but still want to know it's as solid and well built as possible. Guess it comes down to what my mother has always said -- always do your best and don't take shortcuts. OH, and I've started applying some of the brick sheets to the outside -- made me feel good to start gluing those on! Last but not least I did get my herringbone floor done for the kitchen. Also found a piece of tin ceiling left over from one of my previous builds -- thinking I'm going to do the kitchen ceiling in a beadboard look with the tin ceiling inset into the ceiling and probably have my lights hanging from that... Still lots to go like making my kitchen cupboards -- that's my plan for this week getting that all built and finished hopefully.

Mike, I see you're a jazz fan.  Any time that you and Rosemary wish to attend our Pensacola Jazz Festival you are welcome to let us take you out to eat.

Not much mini work today, the wrap up meeting for this year's festival is tonight and it's a potluck, so I'll be fixing a dish.

3 hours ago, mikeuk said:

I don't usually come on at this time of the day (10:25 UK time) but I thought you might like to watch my movie!.........Move over Mr Hitchcock!

Almost finished the bar on the first floor and the Piano Room has a TV!

Hope you enjoy!

How many bars did you have to ... ummm ... enjoy to record that lovely audio? I kept looking for the happy customers as you panned the bar. And what is that playing on the TV?  Love the details -- purse caddies, coasters, bottle labels, etc. 

MIKE! Look at you! Great video, and great work! Love your lighting, as always! The tables turned out perfect and the "Thonet" chairs are the perfect foil! Love it!

Sable, too bad about the floors! For the grey in the barn, I'm using Minwax water based stain, but had read in the reviews that it was too opaque and needed to be thinned. Sure enough...I mix 50/50 with water, and I still have to be careful to wipe it off right away, or it really hides the grain.

Everyone is so busy! Good for you! Not too much minis work this past week, but got the dividing wall cut, planked and stained, stained some trim, and spray painted the bed. I really dislike that bed sizes are all over the place. I was going to use a wooden bed that I had in my stash, but it seemed just huge for the space. Bought a very nice brass bed online...also too big. Finally ended up with another wooden bed that better suits the scale. Rugs, too...I have a great rug that looks wonderful with the space, but it's a hair too big. I didn't want to cut it down, so bought another rug. New rug is the perfect size, but don't really love the colors. I'm setting rugs aside for now until I get more of the décor done.   

Mike, my husband, your second greatest fan thinks it's perfect.

Question for you, I believe you have purchased items from this vendor. Can you remember how long it took to receive your order from Turkey?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/229924264/miniature-american-iron-barstool?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=dollhouse%20stools&ref=sr_gallery_15#

2 hours ago, mikeuk said:

You should market a cat sized versionAnna....the Doctor Who loving cat owing community for go mad for it!

If it wasn't for copyright laws, Anna could make a fortune on the real thing! Although, Peter Davison has been tweeting pictures of himself in a red phone booth lately, so maybe that would work???

• Like 1

:blush: thank you for your lovley gommens about My Kitty Tardis, I saw a pic of a RL version and modeller mine after that image. Totally Love making whimsical items like this, one-offs just for the fun of it. Might put it up for Sable later n, still need to teeak it a little here and there and then Who knows LOl

hugs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sable said:

I purchased a more textured spray paint and sprayed it to a piece of Lucite. I love my granite countertop.

image.jpeg

Looks fabulous!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sable said:

I purchased a more textured spray paint and sprayed it to a piece of Lucite. I love my granite countertop. The white blob is the reflection of the overhead light.

image.jpeg

Oh this looks wonderful!!!  I use the textured paint for lots of stuff but never did I think to make granite countertop!  I love this

• Like 1