What's everyone working on?

15 minutes ago, Minigirl said:

This is what I have been doing the past month.

You've been very busy! We here appreciate how long it takes to make things, and to make them so well.  Everything is just lovely.  Your little canning jars are adorable.

5 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Then, yesterday afternoon, we got a delivery from Amazon.  My spouse had ordered a Silhouette CAMEO for me as a reward for all my hard work.  How fabulous is that?  I mean, the craft space was technically already my reward.  I was a little too tired to look at it last night, but I am super excited!!!

It all looks great and sounds like you are ready for crafting!

I have a older version of the Cameo. Just wanted to mention there is a fairly sterp learning curve with the electronic cutting machines.

I strongly advise watching lots of tutorials and reading up on some of the blogs that are featured with the design artists. There are quite a few Q+A articles as well.

When you start using it, create lots of simple things first and just fool around with different paper weights, textures, cloth, felt, etc. til you get a feel for it.

That's rather than beginning with a complicated design, one of a kind $$ paper and a time crunch like I did. I was ready to throw the entire thing under a passing trailer truck. I'm famous for making things 10 times harder than they need to be.

You'll love it and continue to find new uses as you experiment more and more. Good luck and congrats!!

2 hours ago, Selkie said:

I strongly advise watching lots of tutorials and reading up on some of the blogs that are featured with the design artists. There are quite a few Q+A articles as well.

When you start using it, create lots of simple things first and just fool around with different paper weights, textures, cloth, felt, etc. til you get a feel for it.

Point well taken.  I've already started watching videos and need to check out blogs.  Fortunately, I do tend to start slow.  My mind is already racing with ideas, but I'll start with something simple until I'm more comfortable using the machine.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

We have been re-doing our spare room to accommodate a craft space for me,

Deborah, I'd love to see photos of the rest of your room. Now that I'm fairly well settled in my new home, all that's left to organize is the craft room/studio. Right now it is a jumble of tables and boxes and a desk. I have plastic bins with drawers in the closet. I'd love to see how you have arranged everything.

• Like 2

Deborah your work space looks great, it's such a good feeling to have a designated space and not have to move things around. 

Kathie I don't know if you ever go to Ikea but they have great (and reasonably priced) storage/organization solutions. 

I started my Christmas wreath roombox yesterday, thought if I'm going to get it finished for this year I better get going on it. I used foam core to make a floor but it won't have a ceiling. Brick is weighting down the floor to keep it pushed down as low and even as possible while the glue dries. I have one support under the floor. It's a Christmas scene but I wanted to use up some supplies that I already had and this non Christmasy wallpaper is what was working best. I thought the room would be a living room scene but now I'm thinking it's a kitchen scene.  Still undecided about what to do with the side walls. 

Scotch is relaxing in my work room and really enjoying the new heater :) 

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6356.JPG

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KathieB said:

Deborah, I'd love to see photos of the rest of your room.

It's not quite done yet.  :)  To be honest, other than the closet, this is the only part of the room that's for crafting.  The room has multiple uses--crafting, home office, exercise studio, secondary TV room, and, when needed, a second guest room. And it's a small room!  

4 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

It's not quite done yet.  :)  To be honest, other than the closet, this is the only part of the room that's for crafting.  The room has multiple uses--crafting, home office, exercise studio, secondary TV room, and, when needed, a second guest room. And it's a small room!  

Now I'd REALLY like to see how it's organized!!

• Like 1

On Monday, November 06, 2017 2:18:05, Minigirl said:

This is what I have been doing the past month. Assembled Realife Miniatures stove and Hoosier. Waiting to buy polyurethane to finish the hoosier so I can attach doors and hardware. Finished assembly on stove and primed it this weekend. Also primed main floors and walls of Orchid. Designed potting bench and built it. the legs are chopsticks and polymer clay. I'd probably not lose my mind if I had wooden legs and didn't make 'em. But I used what I had. Made paper china plates. Assembled tea pot. Made a polymer clay basket and filled it with cherries. Made polymer clay beets and cucumbers and then canned them. I put the toppers on this weekend and clear coated the apples and taters. It doesn't look like much but it took a long time.

What have you been working on Nov (600 x 400).jpg

Just lovely!

I went on a buying spree the last couple of days. Besides the Galoob sewing machine I bought, I also bought the little table that is going to be the sewing table, an end table for the living room, a set of drapes for the living room (HALF INCH SCALE SO THEY'LL FIT! and I hope the color will go with the wallpaper - it was kind of hard to see in the photo on eBay), and a Doberman book, signed by one of the authors.

Tonight I finally got down to Dollar Tree and bought a dark red (close enough to burgundy for me) washcloth and cut it up to see if I could make a bedspread out of it. I guess it looks like a bedspread, but all I can see is a red washcloth on a bed. Maybe I just need a good night's rest.

I never got an answer to the seller about how long the living room end table was and bought it anyway. I'm hoping it will fit against the chair under the window. If it's too long, I will have to move it to the other side of the chair and put a Chrysnbon etagere under the window instead. That means the tall corner etagere will have to come out and then I'll be looking for a grandfather clock to put in the corner instead. Always something.

• Like 1

I too went on a spending spree, I was looking for LED lights that would fit Joe;s house and I got a bit carried away. I ordered from miniland in Victoria and they have a 1 day sale . I bought one of those very expensive ornate 144 scale dollhouses on a table with 67% off, shown below,it is not going in Joe;s house so I will have to start working on the big Georgian still sitting here looking at me now.

thumbnail.jpg

Hi, Jeannine—it is 3:18 a.m. in Nashville, TN, and I’ve just spent the most delightful hour meandering through Miniland in Victoria, thanks to you! My 2 (real) doggies—Tia and Annabelle—and I usually wake around this time—we’re all old and can’t make it through the night(!)—we usually go right back to sleep, but this morning I decided to check e-mail and found your post!

I didn’t know of this shop—what delightful goodies!, and your tiny dollhouse is adorable! 

Thank you!

Hey Mary Helen guess who is still not in bed either, neither are MY two doggies Florence  and Maisie. I don't often buy from miniland but I was searching for LED lights and they had some that I could make do with..I have often looked at those little houses but very expensive, I was amazed to find one of them  with such a discount on it but just for 1 day

It is 1.45 here by the way. and time ma nd the babies  should be thinking of bed..so night night I am glad you sleeping break was enjoyable.

Haven't been around in ages, and have no mini work to report on, but I've been busy making a cabinet for the craft room to build dollhouses on. Hope to get it painted in the next few days, then I need to clean up the craft room to make a space for it. Pictures in my album.

LOVE all of the new mini work I've browsed through on a few pages here. Great work everyone!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stickyfingers said:

I've been busy making a cabinet for the craft room to build dollhouses on.

Hi, Linda ... welcome back! The cabinet looks to be a great solution to the question of where to build, and the fact that it can be turned on casters is brilliant. 

• Like 1

Oh, just had to share the Idea I finally got on how to make the Steampunk chairs. The thing that has had me stumped was how to make a good back for them and then I stumbled upon neat scrapbooking keps, Yay! They are on the Slowboat from China though so Will take their time to get here. But then that means I Will have the chair seats and legs Done awaiting them. Need to decide on how to attach the "wrought iron" legs to the scrapbooking detail. 

• Like 1

I haven't added to this in some time, but have been playing around with how to do a "different" sort of Christmas tree. While I've finished up with getting my lycopodium all formed up, I've been playing around with LED light strands the last couple of days. I'm hoping with-in the next couple of days I'll be able to upload pics and see what everyone thinks.  :)

• Like 1