Willowcrest Question

AberITV

Hi, my name is Dani and I'm new here. :wacko: I'm considering getting the Willowcrest kit next month and have a question about it. I can see in the interior photo at the Greenleaf website that there is a staircase that goes from the second floor to the third, but can't tell if the staircase also goes from the first to the second floor. The picture just doesn't show it on the first floor, and I'm hoping it's there...somewhere. B) Surely, there must be someone here that has done this kit and can help?

Thanks so much! :thumb:

Dani

Hi Dani! Welcome to the forum!

Yes, there is a staircase from the 1st to 2nd floor. Looking at it from the back, it's in the back left corner, behind the kitchen, in the foyer. So, when you do build the house, you will want to decorate that area before finishing the assembly, as it is next to impossible to access once the entire structure is built.

Good luck! the Willowcrest is a beautiful house. It's on my list to build, waiting patiently under my bed. Mine will be a bed and breakfast. Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Welcome, Dani! The Willowcrest is a fabulous house-- not the easiest, but referring to Gina's (MoreMinis) Willowcrest build blog helped me out alot. Here is the best photo I could get of the 1st floor landing--

post-928-1300494230_thumb.jpg

Yep, I pretty much had to build and trim that stairwell all before installing the staircase and the left wall... Looking forward to seeing your build!

Dani, I hope you'll consider introducing yourself in the Newcomers' Forum. You can do searches in both the Gallery and the Blog section to see other members' Willowcrests. I had the kit, but it stopped speaking to me before I could get to the box, so I swapped with another member for a different kit that has more patience, and the family I'd make for the Willowcrest started clamoring for a larger house, so I'm rehabbing them a Pierce. I'a also a big fan of stairs, and since Mildred's were missing I did another swap for the kit windows and that member sweetly traced me off the stair parts so I could build some.