Pre-Hung Doors to fit the Garfield?

uppitycats

I'm looking for "pre-hung" doors -- doors that work, already framed, to put in my Garfield. I found doors to fit the front door, and the french doors on the second floor (Houseworks)...but the other interior doors are "odd sized"...at least none of the openings appear to be able to accommodate other Housework doors. Is there another source you could direct me to? Thanks!

Hmmm . . . I'm not sure of another source, but I'm sure someone does. Would you be able to enlarge the openings to accomodate a Houseworks door? I did that on the front door of my Beacon Hill which worked out great.

Thanks .. but I think I've found some -- dollhouseminiatures.com (and a couple of other places) have narrow doors --roughly 7 x 2 -- that will work, I think. I may still have to do some trimming a bit, but I think they'll be OK.

I put prehung doors in my garfield but had to make some adjustments. The narrow doors are either too short or too narrow. I had to add some extra trim to those. The only door that fit perfectly was the kitchen to dining room door. The smaller door that goes from the 2nd floor bath to the hall I made myself. Good luck! Remember you can always make the doorways bigger to fit any door.

Your Garfield is awesome! I hope mine turns out half as nice! I figure I'm going to have to do a bit of trimming and filling in to get the doors to fit exactly, but at least getting them pre-hung eliminates some of the work trying to deal with hinges and all.

I see you did a bit of re-arranging and using other-than-supplied parts. I'm very very new at all this -- Garfield is the first project like this I've ever taken on -- and I started out thinking that I had to do everything *exactly* like printed in the instructions. Thankfully I've learned better <_< Anyway..I have to take some pics and get them posted. I'm way ahead of what now shows in the gallery...

I see you did a bit of re-arranging and using other-than-supplied parts. I'm very very new at all this -- Garfield is the first project like this I've ever taken on -- and I started out thinking that I had to do everything *exactly* like printed in the instructions. Thankfully I've learned better :) Anyway..I have to take some pics and get them posted. I'm way ahead of what now shows in the gallery...

At first I thought you had to follow instructions but this site and all the creative people here made me realize I could change, add and just about do anything I want :D I started before I found this site and would have done some things differently but I am happy with the results. I am almost complete and will post pictures of the finished result when I am done with my deck... :D Oh and thanks for the complements :D

Irene, I know I've told you before, but it never hurts to hear it again...your Garfield is sooooo pretty!

Mine is coming along very slowly, and I hope it can take some hints from yours! (They say each house has a mind of its own!)

Thank you so much...Blushing :):D Post some pics of yours. I love seeing how everybody puts their own personality into their dollhouses.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it when the Garfield"s get together every ones house looks fantastic!

Great inspirations.

I have not tried the doors I did use a window had to shim it in but it looks good.

I found a tip out window I wanted to use in the tower, but it was way to small.

Thanks I really didn't bash it. It was more of a basket case I found the poor thing at a fleemarket half of it was missing so I had to redesign with what I had to work with the house is a kit back in the 1970's one of the orginal Garfield's.

I took a peek at yours, It turned out great, fantasic as a matter of fact. I love the trendle bed, did you make that? you had a lot of great ideas yourself.

You have a good eye for the camera too, the picture turned out wonderful.

Donna

• 3 weeks later...