Longtime Greenleaf Fan

Hi. My name's Stephanie, and I've been building GL dollhouses for -- almost 15 years. The Glencroft was my first, and I've done a large percentage of the models that have come out over the years, except the Brookwood, Beaumont, Emerson Row (RIP to all) and the Willowcrest (which I would give my left arm for now that they no longer exist.) That was a *gorgeous* house.

I built an indeterminate number of Coventries and Arthurs to donate to Chamber and social club auctions. They're quick and can be mocked together in such an array of fashions. They were always a hot commodity. I loved it when bigwig Chamber members spent the weeks before our auctions asking if I was going to donate, so they could bid for their grandkids, or even wife, who'd always wanted a dollhouse.

I love the style of Greenleaf houses, and no matter how 'abbreviated' the line has become, the best ones still remain. The Glencroft, still in my eyes the jewel of the house line, the McKinley, which is an invaluable and incredible concept; a wallhanger, and the Beacon Hill, my all time favourite, and the very house that got me into this hobby to begin with (after seeing a finished one at a small shop in NH, and being introduced to the kit houses by the shop owner). The lady who did introduce me to all this encouraged me to start 'smaller' and ordered me a Glencroft, and for years, the Beacon Hill was the one I strove to ultimately make mine, while all the while building houses for others. I now have my Beacon Hill, and I adore it. I have built specially made built-in cabinetry for the tiny kitchen, and that endeavor has helped me make an even cooler kitchen for the McKinley I have. I'm not finished with my BH... I probably never will be. But I must say that Greenleaf houses have given me and others so much joy over the years, you can imagine my glee to see the rumours of discontinuation erased by Corona.

Thanks for keeping these lovely things alive.

Greenleaf's Greatest Fan.....

Steph :o

Welcome Stephanie! Glad to meet another "diehard Greenleafer", LOL! I too have built a number of Greenleaf houses, including the Tennyson, the Van Buren, the Arthur, the Emerson Row, most of the Greenleaf Village, and I am currently building a Glencroft. I am in the midst of restoring a Pierce, and I also have waiting in the wings a Beacon Hill, a Vineyard Cottage, a Madison, a Willowcrest, a Westville, a Country Cottage (can't remember if that's the correct name), Greenleaf Town, Firehouse and Bandstand, and a Station and Store. I have really come to love the little 1/4 scale houses!

The Vineyard cottage is SO cute. I built only one, I got it for free from a dollhouse shop that was getting rid of kits people wouldn't buy (go fig)... they said people complained that the GL ones were too difficult. Imagine that. So I took this house home, built it and sold it. I have a Glencroft kit waiting under my bed, and a unfinished McKinley in my attic. I hope one day I have the opportunity to find a Westville and have the space to build it. :o

Welcome to our community Stephanie!!! It is so nice to meet people who are just as crazy as we are about these houses!

The Vinyard cottage is my FAVORITE cottage!! I refuse to part with another one of those cause now I only have 2 of them and don't know if greenleaf will ever bring it back!!

I enjoyed reading your post and PLEASE (Pretty Please) post pictures of your houses. We would LOVE to see them!

• 3 months later...

:rolleyes I was pleased to read your posting. I have been wanting to communicate with other people who love the Greenleaf dollhouses as much as I do. While I've never built one myself, my father built me the Beacon Hill 11 years ago and I've been in the process of decorating it. I look forward to seeing photos of your dollhouses.

Welcome Stephanie! I renovated a Beacon Hill and like you, will probably never be finished! :p I'm going to be starting a Buttercup bash and am looking forward to my first 'build'. Can't wait to see your pictures! :D

Steph, I was sorry to miss your initial post becasue we sere on the road & by the time we got back in August many of the ensuing posts were long buried. I guess I missed the eye candy links. I built some of my Glencroft whilst on the road, any time we had a rainy day out it came.

I have just finished a Westville :p

Hello all. I'd like very much to add pix to my album, however I'm not permitted to for some reason. :( Perhaps I'm being dense and I haven't figured out how yet--but usually I'm pretty good at this stuff. I have some pics of my beacon hill and some of the rooms I'd very much like to share.

Perhaps someone can instruct me how to create an album of my house.

Stephie. :D:p